“Fabulous hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I Hotel & Conference Center

You added I Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
I Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S First St, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820-6914   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Milner, Georgia
“Fabulous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We attended a wedding reception at this hotel so booked a room to stay overnight. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable. We slept amazingly well on the super comfortable bed. There isn't a bath tub in the room, but that's OK as we prefer taking showers over baths anyway. A small breakfast was included, which was 1 breakfast item and 1 drink from the Starbucks cafe. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel that serves breakfast and they are not incredibly overpriced, so an alternative option would be to eat there. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kochi , India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Clean neat and spacious rooms and excellent bath rooms
Excellent breakfast
Value for money
Very courteous staff
Restaurant / Coffee shop also pretty good ...
Good bar also .....
ideal location for parents who are visiting their kids in UIUS

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have nothing to compare this hotel to in the greater Champaign area as this was my first business trip there. Needless to say, I went in with 0 expectations. I was surprised at every turn. Excellent, large, comfy room and bathroom. The staff and service were excellent. The free airport shuttle is a nice convenience, and they will even take you other places (for a small fee). I left my computer charger in my room after checking out, I called to let them know and they took it to where I was for a meeting without blinking an eye.

I'm used to business travel in places like SF, SD, and other large cities, so $120/night seemed like the greatest bargain in the history of mankind here considering $200 in those cities usually buys you a crack den. I can't imagine there's a better option in Champaign, you parents coming to visit your kids can actually have a civilized oasis after spending time at your kid's dump of a dorm, frat, or apartment.

illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here last month for the Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon and it was perfect. The start line was just out in front of the hotel. The room was very nice with a huge walk-in shower. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. I would stay there again next year, but they're implementing a 2 night minimum for the race weekend. At $200 a night, I can drive home after my race on Saturday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chatham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here three days and had a great experience. I've stayed here a few times in the past and never had 100% positive experience, so I was on the lookout for failure, but nope, everything was wonderful. Great room, quiet, comfy bed, clean accommodations, perfect free wireless. Muffin and tea every morning. Friendly staff. Very, very nice.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I wish I could have spent more than one night at this fabulous gem in -- who'd of thunk it? -- Champaign-Urbana. I was there for a conference and was dazzled by this stylish, hip hotel and conference center. The room was large and lovely with great beds/linens and a capacious bathroom with a top-notch shower. With a name like the iHotel, we wonder how long it will be before Apple files suit. It was a great spot for a conference. Wish I'd stayed long enough to check out the spa, pool, etc. (I did sit outside on a lovely, sunny terrace). The fact that the attached restaurant is a Houlihan's diminished the groove-factor only marginally (we ate elsewhere). Staff even found me a safety pin when my shirt button broke off minutes before I was scheduled to give a presentation. I don't know when or if I'll ever be in Champaign again, but I know for sure where I'll be staying if I do return: The iHotel.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful to me, as I did not know my way around the area, and offered shuttle service to area locations.The rooms were larger than many standard hotel rooms, and the bed was comfortable. I found that the cleanliness of the entire hotel was excellent. The fitness center was adequate and not very busy on the two days I was there, so there was no problem getting a chance to use the equipment. We only ate breakfast at the restaurant, Houlihan's, but the service was very fast and the food was prepared just as we had ordered. We attended an event at the conference center and the food there was very good as well. Overall, the hotel is very well run and I will definitely stay there again when I go to Champaign.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to I Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!