“Great Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of I Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added I Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
I Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 S First St, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820-6914   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Champaign
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here during the summer of 2012 on business with the University of Illinois, and it is located very close to campus, which was great. The price was pretty competitive with surrounding hotels.

The room was really nice and boutique like. The bathroom was clean and good spaced. Workout room had TVs on the machines, and complimentary headphones and water.

The only drawback were thin walls. A wedding party stayed on my floor and I could hear them everywhere. Walls were kinda thing.

Overall a great stay. I would definitely come back here. This time with earmuffs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I shouldn't have been surprised as this hotel ranked highest in the area, but I was still amazed how well run the hotel is and how friendly and professional the staff is. The rooms are super-clean, spacious, and quite (even my room to the street side). The beds were comfortable with cozy linens. Room service was prompt and affordable. Nice soaps, shower gel, shampoo etc. and complimentary shuttle service.

This hotel is my #1 choice when coming to this area for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

settling our daughter into her new life at college and coming from the Uk we were a little worried that we would not feel at home.....we should not have worried...the hotel , the staff , the ameneties were all perfect......we ahd a problem with the broadband on the 1st day and within minutes a member of staff was there to sort it out.....we really enjoyed our stay and will return soon....highly recomended...the little touch of the free breakfasst was the icing on the cake.....many thanks....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed overnight or a U of I basketball game. (Sadly the hotel was the highlight of the night.)
Immaculate, comfortable rooms with normal amenities, coffee, wi-fi, and a couple extras like robes and a choice of a free continental or discounted cooked breakfast at adjacent restaurant.
We normally drive to and from Urbana for events. May rethink our travel options just to stay here a few times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel a fair bit for work through out the US and I have to say that this is one of the most pleasing hotels to stay. It is fairly modern in its design and the overall feeling is very zen like and relaxing. You will not find every amenity you may find at a 4 star or a 5 star hotel, but the overall experience at this hotel beats any of the 4 star or 5 star hotels around the country. We have stayed here many times visiting family in the area and it has always been a very positive experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Padova
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I keep returning to this hotel as I feel very at home here. The rooms are lovely, and newish /newly refurbished but there are a few idiosyncrasies. The fridge in the room makes quite a racket-and is empty unless you put something in it of your own. So to sleep, I had to pull it out and unplug it.

The only other thing that bugs me is the breakfast. You get a 'free' coffee and yoghurt or equivalent at Starbucks (Hmm: those that don't pay taxes in the UK!) or half price at Houlihans. But the service in Houlihans is very 'Fawlty Towers' for those who understand the TV reference. They run out of tea, forget your order, and don't cater for those wanting something simpler: fresh fruit, and bagels for example. Meanwhile amongst the chaos, they ask you every two minutes: 'Is everything OK?' Well, it was two minutes ago........and two minutes before that........etc

Correct these details and I would happily award it five stars.

Room Tip: Service and sleep marked down for reasons given above
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stay here whenever we visit family in champaign. It's always seems so fresh, bright and relaxing! Great staff, very helpful. One of my favorite hotels. Nice modern rooms, comfortable beds. Large attractive lobby area. Great bloody Mary's at the bar

• Stayed November 2012

Been to I Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!