“My Stay.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Casey

You added Days Inn and Suites Casey to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Casey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   933 N Route 49, Casey, IL 62420 (Formerly Comfort Inn Casey)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Belmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family has stayed here many times and been happy with the service. We noticed a difference on this last visit, however. Staff was not as friendly and rooms looked a little run down (ex. stains in sink and on carpet), We couldn't connect to the internet unless we went to the lobby. The staff reset the server several times but it didn't help so it was suggested that it was our devices- laptop, Ipad, and Ipod. When I mentioned it again when we checked out, another employee said that he had the same problem with his device so it was obviously the hotel's issue, not our electronics!

Room Tip: Rooms closest to lobby may have better internet connection.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sapulpa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

About what you would expect from the price. Decent. No light in our restroom when we went in, but they switched us to another room where different lights didn't work. We only were in the room long enough to sleep, so I'm not sure about how functional the other ammeneties are.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
South Amboy, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and i are moving from LA to NJ and this hotel was rt off the 70 and allows dogs so we decided to stop. I should have read reviews first. The guy at the desk was unpleasant from the minute we got there, possibly stoned, and when my husband asked about the stray cat population in the area he became defensive and rude...weird to say the least. We paid an extra $10 for our dog-not bad,but the next morning, Shannon at the desk tried to charge us again,stating that we never paid the fee.
She was so "matter of fact" and when she found the payment she didnt even apologize.

She was just nasty...my husband specifically asked her name so we could put it in the review.
I would never stay there again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Have stayed here several times in the past. It is a clean hotel with an average breakfast, but the draw for us is the rural location. There is plenty of grassy area around the hotel to walk the dog. You can hear the interstate in the distance but it is quiet. The rooms are plenty large and the price is very reasonable. The town of Casey has a couple of nice restaurants along with some fast food. Comfort Inn Casey is a great place to stay, but it is a Comfort Inn, not a Residence Inn. My dog liked it and he has good taste in dog hotels.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stopped at the Comfort Inn in Casey on our way back from moving our oldest child to her dorm for the start of freshman year at a local college. We just happened upon them seeing a sign at the exit and decided to give them a try. The hotel is obviously a little old and worn but the price was fair and our room was clean and comfortable. Check in was a breeze and the young man working the desk even helped us make reservations at another hotel for our trip home the next day. When we arrived everything was quiet but as I was coming back to the room from using their vending machines I see multiple people up at the desk yelling and cursing at the man working. I didn't stop to listen and returned to the room. A bit later my husband went down to make some popcorn in the lobby's microwave and returned saying it look like the same people were down there again yelling and cursing up a storm. He said the gentleman that checked us in was being screamed at and was having hateful things said to him as the cops were out talking to what appeared to be other members of their party. My husband said that once they went outside he approached the desk clerk and asked what the problem was. He told him that a member of the party return to the hotel and set a beer on a table in the lobby where children had just been playing and when asking him not to do that in the future the man and his family proceeded to verbally attack him. From what we both saw the young man was not being hostile back but they were being extremely rude and screaming profanity. As a mother of 4 and having our 2 youngest with us in the hotel, I was very appreciative that someone was looking out for the well being of children and the peace of mind of other guests. My husband was appalled by the behavior and amount of disrespect for the clerk and other guests that this group showed. He heard them say they were going to make trouble for the hotel and staff and I wanted to make sure and give some perspective from a sane onlooker and thank the staff for the way they not only handled us but the affairs of their business. After a bit of searching, Trip Advisor really seemed to be the only outlet to comment about them, and I see what looks to be a new review from someone that had been involved saying HORRIBLE. In the end it made me feel secure knowing they cared about what could happen to others and that's whats important to us. At check-out this morning the staff was again kind and friendly and the breakfast was pretty good having waffles and sausage links(yum!). We're currently at the hotel he helped us book and we had another easy check-in and the room he helped get us is perfect. Both of us appreciate everything they did and the way the young man kept his cool when many others wouldn't, shows a lot about the staff. We'll be staying with them when we return to visit our daughter on parent's weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn and Suites Casey? Share your experiences!