“Pleased with the service, very comfy beds” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
St. Paul, MN
“Pleased with the service, very comfy beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I had some trouble in that the air conditioner in my room wasn't working. When they checked it and found that it needed major repairs, they offered me a new room and gave me a free breakfast voucher for the trouble. I was pleased with this response.

Check-in and check-out was slick, the pool looked fine although I did not use it, and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. Hallways were a little dingy but the rooms were cleand and the price was very good for the quality of the room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
I would like to apologize for the difficulty with your air conditioner. I am glad to see that our staff's reaction to this situation pleased you. We can't always anticipate equipment malfunctions, but we can make sure we rectify the situation to our customer’s expectations. I will ensure our front desk and housekeeping staff receive you kind word.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

Great front desk staff. Great room. Great food. Only 15 Min. from Wheaton College. Only four miles from a great big Mall.

• Liked — Great beds.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, December 23, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel & give us you feedback. We pride ourselves on our Customer Service, and these comments will be passed along to our staff so they know what a great job they are doing.

We hope to see you again on visits to Wheaton College in the future. We'll keep the Pillowtop Mattress you enjoyed so much ready for your next visit. Thanks again.
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

The visit started off on a negative...the desk clerk told me to park by the door nearest my room. Turned out no spaces (6pm) anywhere near, due to the banquet facility and restaurant being on the same side of the building. I assumed I was getting a decent room, from my Priority Club membership, but was surprised by the request to see my AARP card...I think the first hotel in years to ask to actually see it.
The night was humid and possibly that contributed to a 'sewer gas' odor in the room. I was awakened about 3:30 in the morning by someone 'screaming' into a telephone (probably) above me, which continued for about a half hour, enough that I couldn't sleep again. I walked around to verify the source of the voice, and found a fresh graveled 'trench' running from under my room through the parking lot. I assume that was the possible source of the smell. I was in room 137, and I would advise against staying in that wing of the hotel. It is also just a few steps from the pool.
The hotel is obviously a remodeled old Holiday Inn, typical of trying to put a new face on a worn out facility.
Like some other writeups, I had trouble finding the bartender in the bar (two different times in the same evening), and she had a bit of an attitude when she did come back. Others were waiting on her also. I just left after one drink.
About 1-2 miles north of the hotel are a lot of chain restaurants and shopping. Otherwise, the White Castle is the most notable restaurant nearby. Next time I will try the Hampton Inn, just across North Avenue from this hotel.

• Liked — Location near my destination for a meeting
  • Disliked — Noise (people in hallways and thin walls) and odor.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HolidayIllinois, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, June 26, 2008
I would like to first apologize for your experiences during your recent stay with us. Excellent customer service is our top priority. Thank you for taking the time to share your areas of concern so we can address them and ensure you and other guests do not have similar experiences. I encourage you and all other traveler to notify the front desk, or ask to speak with the Manager-on-duty whenever concerns arise. That way, we have an opportunity to correct the situation immediately for you to ensure you enjoy your visit. Our hotel has recently gone through an extensive redecoration and is currently ranked the #2 Holiday Inn in the Chicagoland area in overall customer satisfaction, so even thought there may be an occasional guest concern, we make sure we resolve the issue immediately.
Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you will try us again.
Peter Pell / General Manager
Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites from 3/27 - 3/30. The hotel seems like it was recently updated (within maybe the last year or so). Our room was a "two room suite" with a king size bed and a pull out couch. It included a small kitchenette area with a refrigerator/freezer, microwave and sink. Our room was cleaned daily and the staff was friendly and polite. We had dinner one night down in the bar area and the food was pretty good. We did have some problems with our toilet toward the end of the trip, but no big deal. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

I stayed here 5 times during the summer of 2007 while in the area on business. I was working night shift so I had to sleep during the daytime. The hotel staff was courteous and did the housekeeping tasks around my sleep schedule. Although I stayed here numerous times and am a Priority Club Platinum member, not once did I get offered a room upgrade.

The rooms are standard Holiday Inn quality, and were kept quite clean. There was a problem with the exit door leading to the parking lot near my room. Basically, it would not unlock when someone from the inside approached it unless you walked up at a specific angle. This remained unfixed during all of my stays, and would be very dangerous in a fire situation.

I ate in the restraunt one night and the service was very slow despite being nearly empty of customers, but the food was good. The large pool area looks clean and inviting for families, although I didn't try it out. There are not many restaurants nearby (White Castle is right next door), but a couple of miles north you have numerous options.

I'd probably stay here again when I return to the area in the future.

• Liked — Location was close to my customer
  • Disliked — Slow service in the restaurant
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brookings, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

Was in town on business and had a discount here. The front desk staff were pleasant and I was pleasantly surprised to see a plasma tv in my room... no HDTV though ( kind of a bummer.) The only down fall was the bar staff. I went in to get my complimentry drink and some late night, after flight food and the bartender was quite rude.

Other than that one bad experience it was a nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BROOKFIELD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel a few times when we are in the area visiting family. It is clean and the staff is efficient and friendly.

• Liked — Clean and excellent staff
  • Disliked — Banquet commotion in hallways
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!