“Great nostalgic Lunch box sets” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Great nostalgic Lunch box sets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

1st time..nothing out of the norm. Ordered a comb: beef slices were not sluces but pieces of beef..nor a good sign! Either beef was old or we got the leftovers feom the bottlm of the pot. Also had a cobb salad, had better at same price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hopkinton NH
“Not really not more than a deli”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The TripAdvisor summary of this place suggests it's much more than a deli, but that's not really the case. It's true that you can sit down and eat, but in truth you order at the counter and take a number with you to a table. The servers do bring the food over, but it's wrapped to go (complete with plastic utensils). My chopped salad was ok but my wife's caesar salad was a big disappointment, complete with a prepackaged salad dressing. I would not suggest this place if you're expecting anything more than take out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winfield, Illinois
“Good Sandwiches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great place to grab a quick bite. Sandwiches are made to order on bread of your choice. They also have a nice variety of salads and sides to savor. Quick in and out. Easy parking.

Visited September 2012
Carol Stream, Illinois
“good until you have a problem”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved this restaurant and went there every week until I had a problem with my burger once. A simple mess up, I asked for everything but no onion. When I got to my office, it was just onion. I called and brought the burger back. My fault, I should have opened the box to check but I went all the way back to my office to see that only lettuce and tomato had been added. So I went back, since I don't like a dry burger. I wasn't screaming, in fact, I was joking around with the gentleman behind the counter, saying, 'if you wanted to see me this much, you could have asked.' Instead of a smile, I received a very abrupt, snippy response about what exactly did I want on the burger. When I said that I'd like ketchup and mustard, the burger that was given to me has so much ketchup and mustard that it was literally floating over the bottom bun, making it uneatable. I was actually hurt by being treated so badly since I was a regular customer. I have never been back.

• Visited November 2011
Austin, Texas
“Great Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I love their fresh and plentiful sandwiches. Very nice place to have lunch.

Visited July 2012