“late night standard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 74 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Chicago, Illinois
“late night standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

not as cheap as I remember from my college days. Love the sweet potato fries

Visited October 2011

Saint Charles, Illinois
“Good hot quality burgers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I enjoy going to this White Castle the staff is always very friendly. The burgers are nicely steamed, and my order is always correct. It takes a little wait at at the drive thru but I think thats why the food is always hot. Id rather wait a few minutes than have semi warm food. I highly recommend stopping here if you like those "little sliders".

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
China
“Yay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I work in China and one of my colleagues asked where I wanted to go for lunch where I couldn't get any thing like it in China - White Castle of course! It is sort of a weird hankering for sliders, but I really enjoyed the food. It's a bit of a drive from where we work, but we made an outing of it and took another colleague who had never been but just heard some bad things about White Castle in general.

Overall the location is fine and the restaurant is clean. The food is certainly unique to White Castle and was exactly what I wanted. I would go back after a few months of not having it, but not a daily routine in my opinion.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
chicago, illinois
“angry manager, GREAT SERVICE OTHERWISE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Let me start by saying, I have always had exceptional service at his location.

There apparently is a new "manager" for the night shift, I was just there on 2-8-09 at 3:30 AM. I had ordered a 20 piece chicken ring, when I got up to the window, i was shorted change by .08 cents. When I had confronted the woman at the window, she angrily pulled it out of the register and handed to me, giving me a sour, nasty look. Once I had received my food, I requested extra sauce, I was told "only tree". I asked "are you serious? I have twenty rings." She said "fine, i give you two more(there were only two in the bag already).

This "manager's" name is supposedly ******. When I called and asked for a manager, I got her, and after a brief discussion, she angrily said "fine go head, call it corporate, I no care"

This location is AMAZING otherwise.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook