“After check in all was great” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newark DE
“After check in all was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

A little trouble to upgrade to larger room due to room reserved on points and only hhonors supposedly could upgrade. Hhonors said there were no rooms available. Manager, Liliana (great lady) was able to give us the same room slight larger size with roll away bed. We could all sleep comfortably.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Liliana V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Rick UD1,

I want to express my personal appreciation for your kind words. I remember you and your family. You had such long exhausting trip. My team and my self wanted to make you feel home away from home and I believe we were able to exceed your expectations. I would love to host you again in a near future. Please contact me at any time. Once again thank you for sharing your comments here on Trip-Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have not been disappointed in the Hampton chain. This was no exception. While this hotel is clean and comfortable, I felt that a few carpeted areas are due to be replaced. I'm sure this will be taken care of; I will stay here again.

Dear 751raya,

We are truly exited to be able to exceed your expectations during your visit to Carol Stream, IL! I can assure you that the carpet issue has been addressed and will be taking care of soon. Thank you for sharing your experiences with Trip-Advisor, and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Carol Stream, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Check in and check out was very quick and easy. Hotel was clean and we had no issues during our stay. We used our points during the stay and found out that we did not have to pay the taxes or other charges anymore.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Chris B,

thank you very much for your kind words on Trip -Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our services and property. We are constantly striving to improve our facility as well as the guest experience and rely on guest input to do so. I will share your compliments with my staff.
Thank you for your time and for choosing us as your home away from home.
We hope to see you again.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I arrived to the Hampton Inn Carol Stream after what turned out to be an unexpectedly exhausting trip. So I was really pleased to be checked-in so quickly and efficiently. The receptionists were all very helpful and friendly throughout my two night stay. My room had a comfortable king size bed and was quite spacious. The free wifi worked without any problems during my stay, and this was an important aspect for me, as I had some work to do while I was there.

The complimentary breakfast was certainly a notch above what you would expect from North American hotels, offering a good selection of fresh fruit, as well as both hot and cold items.

The hotel is located at quite a distance from downtown Chicago (a good 45 minute drive, and about a 30 minute drive from O'Hare, if there is no traffic), so the Hampton Carol Stream is probably a better option if you rent a car and/or are not planning on visiting Chicago too much during your stay. Don't expect to be able to take public transportation from this hotel to wherever you are headed.

Other than the location, I would recommend the Hampton Inn Carol Stream without any reservations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear mckenzie1981,

We are thrilled that your stay was a pleasant; excellent experience! I always say that the best advertising is word of mouth. Thank-you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor as well as your recommendations to others. We will see you the next time you are in Carol Stream, IL
St. Paul, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was among my worst hotel experiences EVER. Key card readers didn't work from outside, so there was a lot of walking around to the front of the hotel (in the rain) and as frequently as I brought the problem up, I was given smug answers and the problem was never addressed. There is an upcharge for wi-fi and even after the upgraded bandwidth, it's still only 1.6-1.8 Mb/s download. When I brought this to the attention of the staff, I was told that the "internet is having a bad day". Staff is smug and unprofessional in the extreme.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Liliana V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Brian M,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate the time you took to review the Hampton Inn Carol Stream, IL. I am thrilled I had a chance to speak with you via phone. I will pass your review along to all of our staff here and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.
Dixon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel was so nice. The staff was very friendly, and so helpful. We checked in to see a smiling face behind the desk, then came to a clean, great smelling room. The woman at the front desk, I believe her name was Gladys, gave us an excellent suggestion for dinner. Lou Minati's also located in Carol Stream, delivered us food to our room with her assistance. The whirlpool was relaxing and very clean. The hotel was busy, but we didn't have any disturbances in our room. All of the staff greeted us with a smile and a hello in the hallways as well! The breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold items, and tasted great! I will be back to stay there, and will tell my friends who travel about the hospitality. :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear seykamp88,

Thank-you for making Hampton Inn your home away from home! I also would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experiences on Trip-Advisor! We loving having you here, and we can't wait for your return!
Anchorage, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have not stayed at a Hampton in sometime. This one had a staff that was very good. It did not matter the time of day, all staff was polite and helpful. They seemed to all have a mission of making the stay a delight. I will be back.

Dear James D,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you loved our staff! They truly work hard everyday and try to make our guest happy. I will share your kind thoughts with them.We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Carol Stream, IL.

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!