“Comfortable, quiet, clean - Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carol Stream
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle
“Comfortable, quiet, clean - Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My mother & I stayed here for three days while in town for a family event. The hotel was impeccably clean, recently remodeled. Everything was neat and fresh. Beds were supportive but not hard. (Smaller pillow options would be nice, too.) Fridge in room was nice and cold. Complimentary breakfast changed somewhat daily on eggs & meat. Excellent overall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, OH, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It's like the ultimate bad joke when you arrive to check in and they say here is your room sir you are on the 4th floor and then "oh ya btw our elevator is broken!" Not the response you want to hear when you normally need a luggage cart due to the large amount of luggage a young family needs to bring with 2 small children. Everything else was great Hampton Inn quality just not really compassionate to the customer who was inconvenienced with the broken elevator.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

By way of full disclosure, I got this hotel via Priceline for a very reasonable price, at the last minute because of some changes in the schedule, so we really got what we paid for, that said there are a few things that were unexpected.

The staff we encountered were all very cordial and overall the hotel is very nice, and the rooms were nice. it is right next to a car dealer, on an out of the way stretch of North Avenue.

After a long day, we arrived at the hotel around 10PM and there was no one at the front desk, there was a sign to call 0 on the near by lobby phone for assistance, which we did and no one answered, even after 30+rings. We had no choice but to stand there for 10-15 minutes, with our bags, at the front desk just waiting, we could have been in our room by then, a bit frustrating.

The ice machine on out floor was not working, and by its appearance looked like it had been out of order for a while.

The Hot Tub by the pool, a nice touch, especially after a long day was the same temperature (roughly) as the pool, not sure if this was because it needed repair or was set so low that is was really a luke warm tub.

Breakfast was OK, and we actually were fine with the choices and did find something to eat that was more than adequate, but several issues here made us a bit nervous. First the little fridge that they used to hold the yogurt, milk cartons for cereal and hard boiled eggs had a layer of frost on the back about 3 inches thick, this apparently caused the unit to not cool correctly as the temperature according to the gauge was in the high 40's, as a result the milk was barely cool and we were worried about pathogens so avoided all of that. The eggs on the hot tray were powdered, which is not bad in and of itself, but were cold, dry and essentially tasteless, the ham slices were round, very dry disks, essentially inedible. But they did have cereal, oatmeal, waffles, juice, coffee, pastries etc, so a decent breakfast could be arranged.

Overall, the place is OK, especially for the price,and in a pinch, I would stay there again, but not the best Hampton experience I have had. A little attention to the details and this place would be a nice option.

Ind
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here last year and wanted to stay here again. Great hotel, very clean and wonderful free breakfast.
They do have 2 sizes of rooms with 2 beds. I had actually paid for the Larger room thu Travelocity. BUT since the hotel was fully booked(girls soft ball) got the smaller room when I checked in at 4pm. Showed receipt that I paid in advance for larger room.Was told from hotel Travelocity does not guarantee room size. Shame on Travelocity. Should had booked the smaller room for less $$
Did call Travelocity and made a complaint, they only said "sorry", will never use them again.
Other than that snaffoo with Travelocity, great hotel

Room Tip: They do have 2 sizes of rooms with 2 beds. I had actually paid for the Larger room thu Travelocity...
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The lobby of the hotel is beautiful.Checking in was slow and the young fella that checked us in was not very personable. The room was a good size and updated.The area the hotel is in seemed really nice, except that it is on a way one street so to say. The Hampton Inn has free wifi but we had an issue connecting. i called to the reception and Jaime tried to walk both my husband and myself through the process. After a few minutes I think she could tell my husband was getting frustrated so she asked if it would be ok for her to come and show us. This young lady was what us Texans like to call a gem. She had a smile on her face that never left. We saw her the next setting up breakfast and she still had that huge smile on her face, not to mention she greeted everyone with a 'Good morning" The breakfast we good, and we enjoyed the cookies.We visit the area quite often and would stay here again.

Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I called ahead to find out if there were any decent restaurants close to the hotel and was told there were plenty of them. I'm afraid White Castle does not qualify as fine dining in my book. The hotel is dated and the room was dirty. Dried mud on the carpet, dead insects in bathroom on floor. What really ticked me off was that I asked for restaurant recommendations and had a piece of paper shoved across the counter at me. Apparently English was not the desk clerk's first language. I tried three of the restaurants on the sheet in my GPS and none of the addresses came up as a good address. It would not be a big deal, except I did go to the trouble of calling ahead, not being familiar with the area. Hampton Inns are usually a very safe bet-you know what you're getting. This one definately is an exception and I cannot recommend it. Not at all a good value for the price. A dump.

Room Tip: Try another hotel-I don't think there is a room worth recommending at this property. Sad, really...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Carol Stream, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good Hotel for the price was pleased with my stay will use again in future. Staff is friendly and helpful, I enjoy the breakfast. Not all T.V. channel's where available during my stay staff stated they were having problems with Directv not providing them all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-Carol Stream? Share your experiences!