“Clean and gorgeous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodland Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carbondale
Woodland Cabins
Save Saved
You added Woodland Cabins to your Saves list
299-301 Green Ridge Rd, Carbondale, IL 62903   |
Decatur
“Clean and gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing weekend. Very clean and cozy! Will return as soon as we can! They thought of everything! Pond was beautiful and canoe was fun! Our bed was super comfortable too! Very romantic getaway!

• Stayed July 2014

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Booked white tail cabin for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. Jim and Leslie (the owners) were wonderful in helping make my parent's stay easy, comfortable and memorable. They had arranged two beautiful baskets of flowers and wine for them as I requested and sent me pictures of them the night before my parent's were to arrive. My parents said the cabin and surrounding scenery was beautiful. They enjoyed the hot tub, fire pit, and having breakfast overlooking the water. They had a full weekend of hiking, visited 3 wineries and enjoyed dinner at a few of the places Jim had recommended. Definitely plan on enjoying all woodland cabins has to offer with my husband sometime!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

A friend recommended Woodland Cabins to me. My husband and another couple were lucky enough to rent two cabins for a three day Fourth of July get away.We have rented many homes and apartments over the years and I wonder sometimes if the owner every really stays there. I think the answer at Woodland is yes, or if not,they know what they want and need to be comfortable. I appreciated the top quality amenities, great knifes, pans, dishes, A kitchen you can actually cook in. Comfortable beds and furniture. Everything inside is well thought out for your comfort. Very clean and well decorated. It makes it so much easier to enjoy the beauty outside your window. Which is just perfect. So peaceful and relaxing. Hiked the trails, went to the wineries(Blue Sky if wonderful) Had great meals at the cabins and then a wonderful gourmet dinner at Tom's in DeSoto. We hope to return soon. And Jim couldn't have been nicer. These are more than just cabins in the woods, they are a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We celebrated our anniversary and had a wonderful stay in the Woodlands Cabins. They were very clean, comfortable and felt like home. I can't wait for our next visit. The area is full of things to do: hiking, biking, and many wineries.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dieterich, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I spent a few nights at the end of May for our 15th anniversary. We had never been there and let me tell you it was nothing less than spectacular! The Cabin, scenery, etc. will not leave you disappointed! We couldn't have been happier. During our stay we visited Giant City Park, Southern Illinois Wine Trail and was able to go into Carbondale for some shopping! A must if you are looking for a southern Illinois getaway!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Minooka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our second time visiting the Woodland cabins and we chose a different cabin then the 1st visit and it was just a wonderful
Of a stay! Love that everything is there for your use that you really only have to bring clothing and food and drinks not much at all when traveling for a weekend from as far as we travel to get there! Just far enough away from everything but close enough for convenience! And locations to hike and wineries to visit are just a beautiful scenic drive away!! Look forward to visiting again soon!!

• Stayed May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

An absolutely wonderful place to stay. The cabin was superb with a very comfortable bed, complete with linens, towels, full kitchen, A/C and all. Close to Carbondale - only about 15 minutes from campus. Also right in the middle of the Shawnee Wine Trail. Did some hiking at Giant City, kayaking at Little Grassy Lake and stopped at a few wineries. The cabin with its hot tub was private, secluded and very quiet. I whole heartedly recommend these cabins to everyone (but would love to keep it a secret for ourselves)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodland Cabins? Share your experiences!