“I will not be staying again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn / Carbondale

You added Americas Best Value Inn / Carbondale to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn / Carbondale
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   700 East Main Street, I-57 at SR 13 West, Exit #54-A, Carbondale, IL 62901 (Formerly Motel 6 Carbondale)   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Carbondale
“I will not be staying again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was not happy at all.When I went to shower there was blood on the shower curtain from a previous visitor. The wash clothes didn't look clean, there was black specs all over it and also on the towels too. The picture frame had broken glass in it. The beds did not even have a fitted sheet on them. It was Just two top sheets. Overall the room just felt dirty.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lobby door propped open with rock as the door handle was missing. The check-in attendant was pleasant. We inquired about breakfast and was advised in AM between 7 and 11, in the lobby. The 'manager'(?) came from the back room to say that the control for the AC was on the wall. There appeared to be only 1 other vehicle in the whole parking lot. Although there was a pan-handler who just happened to be walking by as we parked. Room was in an uncomfortable state of disarray...as if someone(s) had just vacated the room and left the bed in shambles. AC was not on at arrival and took a long time to cool down the room. The TV did work and there was hot water. Yes the tub was chipped, but it held water. Tub grout was moldy and blackened at spots.Toilet wanted to overflow from the get-go. Beat Tired, we slept as best we could.
In morning(7 am), went to lobby for breakfast. Door locked. No one there and No Breakfast as was promised. Went back to room to pack and was locked out of room. Pounding on several 'staff only' doors and lobby windows finally got a response and a new key. We packed and vowed to "NOT BE FOOLED AGAIN." Wickedly poor, Mr Bloss, for hometown experience and personalized service. <Forwarding review to Mr Bloss and to his Guest Relations staff>

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel in area are a preferred choice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This place needs to be shut down. It's not motel but a crack house. While walking to our "suite" we passed an open room and it looked like something that would be on Hoarders! There was garbage literally piled to the ceiling. Our "suite" want much better. The placed reeked of urine, a tweeker asked my 16 year old for rolling papers, there were dead roaches lying around and I couldn't tell if it was feces or blood stains on the bathroom walls but didn't stay to find out. Got my money refunded and high tailed it outta there!

• Stayed May 2014
Joliet, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel, coming from Chicago to take my son for his New Student Orientation at SIU. I booked this room on their website based on its affordability and closeness to SIU. 1. They did not have my reservation. 2. The room still had someone else's belongings in it and some mouse droppings in there.
3. The unsavory hotel clientele, that apparently lived there, were not real quiet and also had a dog locked in what sounded like one of the bathrooms.
4. There was one single blanket for the bed (no sheet, except the fitted) and I was unsure if that blanket had been washed since being used recently.
5. My face and my son's face (both which are normally pretty clear) had terrible break outs of zits from using the pillows!
I am a skin therapist, this is caused from bacteria ridden pillows and linens. This place was disgusting!!! They offered a continental breakfast the next morning, my son and I didn't even want to look out of fear.

• Stayed May 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My family and I got back yesterday from this place. When I say it was horrible, that's an understatement. The outside itself will scare you off, but the inside is much worse. The walls were stained. The sheets were filthy. And the shower... I had to wear my flip flops IN THE SHOWER. The "white" towels were literally black. When we went up the stairs to our room, a pile of garage and a pissy carpet greeted us. I would've rather slept in our car. An inspector seriously needs to go and shut this place down.

Room Tip: Rooms outside are much nicer
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This place was DISGUSTING, and that's putting it mildly. Now, I understand why they were the ONLY hotel in the area with a room available during graduation. The concrete floors on the landing for the second floor was covered in urine. The room was filthy. I walked in, walked through, and immediately returned my keycard to the Bates Motel-like innkeeper, telling him that the room was filthy and there was no way I could stay there. Needless to say, his response was "OK." Do yourself a favor and stay far away!!!! GROSS!!!! They want to charge me for the room because they couldn't find anyone else to take the room. BULL!!! They couldn't give that room away for free. Needless to say, there is no way that AmEx will require that I pay for this room. Charge dispute coming. . . love AmEx

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This place is indescribably HORRIBLE! So much so that had I not arrived at 3 in the morning there is no way in hell I would have stayed here! This has to be the nastiest place that has ever put up a sign and charged people to stay. I found out from a family member that one of the rooms on her side has police tape and a no trespass sign on the door because the room had been used as a Meth Lab!

The sheets and bed covering (no way could you call that thing a comforter) were absolutely FILTHY. They were some sort of gray dingy color and had stains AND holes and smelled really bad. It was so was bad that I slept in my clothes in the chair that was only slightly cleaner. I could not, would not under any circumstance use the tub to shower, I really didn't want to use the toilet but I had to. Fortunately I had my own towel to wash up with, I didn't trust theirs.

Free is too much to pay for this place! Do yourself a favor and DO NO STAY HERE. A park bench in Central Park at night would be a better alternative! I was able to save two families from this hellish place when I was at front desk getting info on the owner and I hope you will take this review to heart and GO ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERE!!!

I gave this place one star because it is the only I can submit this review!

Room Tip: Go to a different place! Free is too much to pay to stay here!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn / Carbondale? Share your experiences!