“Pick-up Not so Good” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Carbondale, Illinois
“Pick-up Not so Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We ordered for pick up. I did not care for anything that we ordered from Harbaugh's. I thought that the amount of food for the price was just not worth having again.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
St. Charles, Il
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is truly the only way to discribe our visit. My husband and I were visiting our son at SIU. Read the previous reviews regarding breakfast and thought we'd give it a try. Our server was wonderful. We told her it was our first time at Harbaugh's and wanted to know what she recommended. We took her advice on a mexican style scramble and a ham and cheese omelet. My husband asked her about the biscuits and gravy. He views himself an expert on the perfect biscuits and gravy. I myself am not a fan. The server brought a us a side "on the house" because she felt these were the best you can find anywhere. I thought my husband had reached Nirvana upon his first bite. He said they truly were the best he had ever tasted. Of course I was forced to try a bite. Needless to say, I ate the majority of the serving and was scraping the dish for the last remaining bits of gravy. The biscuit was the lightest, fluffiest biscuit I had ever tasted. The gravy was so tasty. Not at all like the flour paste mix most places try to serve you. Neither were greasy. We are coming back to Carbondale for Family Weekend at the end of the month, and I will be ordering my own serving. I have had dreams about this dish; it is just so wonderful. Back to the rest of our meal... My husband loved his mexican scramble. I had a great omelet. It was cooked perfectly (I don't like those big fluffy omelets many places serve). The roasted potatoes were fantastic!. I usually don't eat the potatoes at breakfast but they seemed to be calling out to me to try them. I ate them all and wanted more (not because there wasn't enough food, they just tasted so good). Again, I am looking forward to our return to Harbaugh's and maybe we will even try lunch. (The waitress swore by many of those dishes also.) Remeber - it is cash only.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had lunch on a weekday after running an errand, so didn't have much time to get back to work. The waitress suggested the chicken salad sandwich, which was very tasty and served quickly. Rather than fries, the side was two kinds of melon. Love that I wasn't subjected to wasting food - I rarely eat fries 'just because they come with the food'. I was in and out pretty fast, but didn't feel rushed - and even had a few minutes to spare getting back to work! I'm looking forward to returning and having something more substantial.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice find, service lacking and cash only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was looking for a fun place to take my daughter and her friend. We all loved Harbaugh's. The food was great. They shut down around 2, and our waitress was more than annoyed with us showing up at 1230. It was obvious she didn't appreciate tourists/non-locals coming in at the end of her day. She didn't want to answer any questions and barely came back to check on us. She was too busy closing sections for the day. Too bad that left a bad taste in my mouth because the food was good. She acted like I was an idiot when I pulled out my debit card.....CASH ONLY! How would i know? I payed in cash and left, annoyed but full.
Kids liked it too.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Breakfast and More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well, if you're in a hurry, don't try coming here on a weekend morning. It's BUSY!

Food is funky-cool and good for ya, for the most part (just leave off the bacon)!

Decor is... well, hard to describe. Kitchy, college-crowded, I donno. But I do know that it's the place to go if you're hungry for a good breakfast.

Prices are a little high compared to the restaurants around, but the food is definitely a cut above, so it's worth it.

Very friendly staff, too. Give it a try.

Visited May 2012