“WEEKEND TRIP” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Carbondale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“WEEKEND TRIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We check in late on Friday, July 19 and the clerk at the desk was very nice and helpful. I always request extra towels and the clerk at the desk gave me extra towels without a problem. The room was very clean. This is a nice Hampton Inn in Carbondale, IL The breakfast was more than enough for the group that was there. They let some people stay in the front area to play games and it was very quiet. Also, they recognized my memebership with the hotel and gave me free candy. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mount Vernon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had multiple problems, asked for money back and couldn't get it back because I paid with cash, which I was not aware that I couldn't of gotten a refund, if I had I would've just paid with my card. When I told a employee at the front desk about the first problem we had he looked at us like we were stupid and then just said he would tell maintenance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Decatur, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We needed to be in town for family. We were close to everything we needed. Rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful. We needed to stay an extra night and the staff was very helpful in getting us into another room. It was nice to have the extra plug in for computer's etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Lansing, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The room was very clean. The whirlpool in our room was awesome. The amount of space in the actually room was great. My hubby and I were extremely satisfied with our visit and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here after moving my daughter's belongings into storage between apartments. We all enjoyed the relaxing pool and hot tub after moving two truck loads of "stuff." The breakfast was more than enough for all four of us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staff helped me feel at home. My questions were answered by helpful, informed staff. I liked the pictures on the wall outside of each room and in the elevator. The pool had a little too much chlorine. The ice machine on my floor was broken, but the sign on it said "Sorry for any inconvenience". The waffles were good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is your typical Hampton Inn in a small town...meaning, it covers the bare minimums of providing clean, comfortable, no frills lodging. It is located near a couple other hotels (Holiday Inn and Quality Suites), but not much else in the immediate area unless you drive towards town.

The room was fine, comfortable bed and working space, clean bathroom. The fitness center leaves A LOT to be desired. 1 treadmill, 1 stationary bike...that's it! Hopefully more than 2 people don't want to work out at the same time.

There's really not a lot of options in the area, so this definitely fits the bill. I will say the front desk staff on checking in was very friendly and explained the property to a tee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Carbondale? Share your experiences!