“No problems” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Carbondale
Niles, Illinois
“No problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

My parents always stay at the Hampton when they come to pick me up from school. So far, they have not had any problems. My dad always gets the best deals on the rooms, the rooms are always clean and the service is good. I have yet to see any bug in that place. The Internet works perfectly too. I def recommend the Hampton. They put out a decent spread in the morning too.

Just recently I was staying there because I had no electricity in my apartment and they were friendly and kind about the whole ordeal, they didn't kick me out even though it was move in weekened and they were packed.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed here during Labor Day weekend with wife. Upgrade to large King room on 3rd floor (312).
Room was quiet, air conditioner worked superbly, and room was very clean with no signs of wear.
Previous person who mentioned fleas in 310 must have stayed in a room with a dog that had them before, in that we did see many well behaved dogs on the property. We did Not have fleas or anything of the sort. Breakfast was one of the best we have had at a Hampton, and the staff was very friendly. Great location, very nice landscaping. Nice view of trees in the back. Would be my first choice again to stay here. Thank you Hampton, for a nice experience.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

From the bubbly Red Head at the desk checking us in, to the housekeeping staff that went out of their way to accomodate us, we really enjoyed the service we got here as we traveled along the Wine Trails in Southern Illinois. We are planning a trip again next year and we sure hope to see the same smiling faces next year. WHAT A GREAT GROUP!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
St Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stay away from this true flea bag hotel. Stayed there Aug 11,2011 room 310 and woke up with fleas all over feet and ankles. Checked out as quick as I could, noted the condition with the front desk clerk and was told I wouldn't be charged for the room. Checked credit card statement this morning 8-15 and sure enough I was charged for the room. After another call I finally did get credit. I think I will stay at Marriott from now on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Staff was friendly, hotel was clean and run well. Really enjoyed our stay. Close to SIUC. Already have reservations to stay again.

Room Tip: Hotel is set up well. enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this property. Have family in the area and was in town for the weekend. Reserved two rooms - first issue charged different rates at check in for 2nd room. Requested foam pillows - not an extra pillow in the hotel on any of the three nights I was there. On 2nd day they only cleaned half the room - made one bed and took the used towels but didn't replace with clean ones or replensih cups. Breakfast was good, decent variety. Staff was friendly enoughw when you could find them- the front desk was unattended twice when I went to ask for pillows and phone rolled to voice mail when I called about the towels.

Room Tip: ask for a uppr floor room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We just spent 3 nights at this Hampton Inn. We stayed in 2 different rooms. For $68 we got a smallish room with 2 queens beds. For $148 we got a large room with a king size bed and a bathtub right in the room. No kidding. It was bizarre. A whirlpool tub in the room itself. If someone above or below you turns on the tub you would swear that there was a jet plane in the room. There appears to be no soundproofing between floors so make sure that you are on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Carbondale? Share your experiences!