Quiet location, end of the road in a tiny fishing village. Excellent seaview, behind only mountains. Lobby contains WiFi, rest of the hotel not. Lobby is ok but very dark and TV is usually loud on sports. Reception is ok and staff are friendly and speak good english. Rooms are spacy, beds are a bit hard and springy but clean, too little light. Bathroom is ok but dark too. I guess the hotel is saving on electricity. But this is too much savings. The inside and outside pool are cleaned daily but cold, we were in wintertime. Luckily the whirlpool is nice and warm.
We did not try the breakfast or dinner. The rooms have an electric cooker with two heating places. The equipment in the kitchen is absolutely minimum. Only two of everything. If you have kids, take your own stuff. No coffeecooker. Sufficient parking spaces available on the property and otherwise along the seaside road. Two small bars right around the corner, nice for sundowners, two restaurants in walking distance. You will need a car for groceries.
Sometimes when there are a lot of waves the seanoise can be a bit too loud, but what do you want with this kind of seaview?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ApartHotel Paul do Mar, situated in the picturesque and tranquil village of Paul do Mar is a very special hotel, ideal for those who want to feel the real Madeira. With such a wonderful setting, the building of Hotel Paul do Mar was carefully designed. It's a lovely hotel just a stone's throw from the sea and next to the Nature Park. It is a perfect place to find yourself in harmony with nature, surrounded by the most spectacular cliffs and sea views. Hotel Paul do Mar enjoys one of the most impressive locations in Madeira. It is located at the base of a cliff on a gentle slope towards the sea in the quiet village of Paul do Mar... Quiet but lively with several local restaurants and bars, a small supermarket and a pleasant promenade by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Aparthotel Paul do Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paul Do Mar Hotel Calheta
- Aparthotel Paul Do Mar Calheta
- Aparthotel Paul Do Mar Madeira, Portugal