I stayed at the Baymont Inn for 1 week. I have been staying there every year for the last five years, and this year was not good at all. The first day (Sunday) we arrived, when we pulled back the linen to lay down, we discovered there was something like Bar-B-Que sauce or ketchup on the spread. Housekeeping was contacted and we received (what we were told) a freshly cleaned spread. They said that they wash the spreads every two days, but obliviously even though the previous guest had left, this spread was not cleansed.
The next night (Monday) we noticed the ceiling fan blades were very dirty. We notified housekeeping that next morning, the blades were “sort of” cleansed. I notified the manager (Nina) that the blades were still dirty, and my husband has allergies (this is why he has been sneezing). Nina offered to move us to another room, with our choice being the same type of double bed room or an upgrade to a king suite. The double bed room had a moldy smell, so we accepted the upgrade to a king suite, which appeared very nice and spacious, and had a full size refrigerator. However, when we looked at the ceiling fans they too, were very dirty. We contacted the Nina again, to have the ceiling fan blades cleanse completely, and not be moved again. This task was done after two attempted by housekeeping. We were happy until that night when we tried to use the microwave, and all the lights in the room went out. We reported this to the night clerk, who rudely said she could not do anything about it, there was not a maintenance person available; he is not answering the phone, she is only an employee and doesn’t know what to do. When we told her that we knew that the maintenance person stayed at the hotel, and if the lighting problem was not corrected, we would be reporting to a higher authority, she told us (in a very rude manner) that we could just check out. Shortly, the maintenance person appeared in shorts and bare feet (approaching us in a very aggressive manner in the people filled lobby) asking what did we plug in. He then said not to use the microwave, with no other explanations. This entire episode took over two hours.
The next morning (Tuesday) the maintenance person came to fix the problem, which took TEN MINUTES.
On Wednesday, we had purchased various items for refrigeration, and discovered the refrigerator did not cool, so we had to pack everything on ice (which really doesn’t work with some foods). This was reported, and we were told that there were no replacements available, needless to say we ended up throwing all we could not eat.
Thursday, was pool day, but the chlorine was soooo strong you started coughing when you walked in the hall and the odor was seeping into the room. When this was reported to the front desk, we were told that “OK”, and that’s it.
Saturday, no complimentary breakfast. I was in the dining area, and the clerk said this was her first day and didn’t know what time breakfast was supposed to start (this was at 7AM). That night the chloride fumes were so strong several of us had to put towels to our doors to decrease the amount of fumes coming into our rooms.
This hotel had gone WAYYYY down in service. I will NEVER, EVER stay here again. The staffs are not hospitality type personnel, and need to be trained, retained, or replaced (which we suggested to the manager). The manager seemed very nice and accommodating, and said everything we wanted to hear to be pacified. She stated could not compensate us, because we had already been given a discount at the senior rate and we had been upgrade with room. I told her the room was discounted at reservation time, and the room upgrade was at her insistence. All that was need was cleaning the ceiling fans.
I repeat, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!
When we were leaving, I met with Davina, and conveyed her apologies. Due to family illness she had been off the entire time we were there. She did manage to discount our rooms, but I did let her know I will not be back. Good Luck Davina, you are a sweetheart, and your work is cut out for you.
Finally, everyone had on an ID badge that only said BAYMONT, no other name, so you did not know who you were dealing with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *PARDON OUR DUST AS WE UPDATE OUR FACILITY* Close to Downtown Chicago With Heated Indoor Pool And Free Continental Breakfast Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago / Calumet City hotel is a comfortable, convenient place to begin your adventures in Illinois. Located less than 30 miles from Chicago at the state line with Hammond, IN and offering easy access to Interstate 94, our hotel makes it easy to reach all the Windy City has to offer. Enjoy thoughtful amenities like free Wi-Fi Internet access and free continental breakfast every morning. If you are here on business, take advantage of our meeting space and business center. In your down time, take a relaxing dip in the heated indoor pool. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult, and free parking for vehicles of all sizes is included at our Calumet City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites - Chicago Calumet City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites - Chicago Calumet City
- Baymont Inn & Suites - Chicago Calumet City Hotel Calumet City
- Baymont Inn Calumet City
- Calumet City Baymont Inn