“Simply The Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Torrence and 159th Street
Transit: Visit the PACE website for more information on these three bus routes to River Oaks Shopping Mall http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/default.asp 1. Route 358 - Torrence 2. Route 364 - 159th Street 3. Route 353 - 95th - River Oaks/ Homewood
Description: Siam Marina is already known to thousands of loyal customers who have been regularly dining at our River Oaks Mall location in Calumet City for over ten years. Our menu is primarily Thai cuisine augmented with Vietnamese favorites. Tammy Pham is executive chef, was raised in Saigon and is married to Sapion "Sam" Chung, who also grew up in Vietnam. Sam manages both of the couple's restaurants, including Asparagus in Merrillville, Indiana. Siam Marina was recently featured on Check Please! receiving rave reviews. Come experience our extensive menus, our innovative martini bar with many signature drinks created by Tammy, complemented by Sam's knowledgeable, lovingly selected array of wines and beers that pair so well with the many dishes on the menu. The welcoming decor features many fine Asian artworks collected by the owners, lovely fresh florals and crisp table linens. The summer patio and garden provide a beautiful, restful oasis.
Northwest Indiana
“Simply The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I love this place. The owner know us because we've been there often. Pad Thai and Mussaman Curry are our favorites. The best time to go is when they have live jazz or anytime at all because the food is so good. Atmosphere is romantic and relaxed. Service is attentive and professional. Claypot Tilapia and Drunken Noodles are also winners. Try most anything on the menu and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I have to force myself not to order the same thing because I like it so much.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Homewood, Illinois
“Unbelievably Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is truly a hidden Gem in the south suburbs. Tucked away behind River Oaks Mall. The food was fresh and the service was top notch. I must tell you I am a Thai food Lover, and this restaurant did not disappoint. Matter of fact is was so good my husband and I were speechless. A must try no matter how far you have to drive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan City, Indiana
“Fresh Ingredients, Authentic Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We ordered the spring rolls, chicken satay and pad thai. All were excellent with just the right amount of spicy flavors - not too much, not too little. While River Oaks is a sad shadow of what it once was, the restaurant itself was cheery, hostess and wait staff pleasant and the patio was simple but inviting. Cocktails were generous and not watered down, which is so often the case. We'd definitely return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Just a little better than average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

This is definitely one of the nicest places in the area but, it ain't all that! Asparagus is another restaurant owned by the same owner of this place. Asparagus is awesome! They have dropped the ball here a little bit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

It received high marks, on a television, restaurant review, maybe I was there, on a bad day. However, I was there for lunch, and with only two tables taken, service was very slow and the food average in taste, and less than warm. The hostess, seemed to have an attitude, seated me as if, I was a bother, flopping the menu, on the table. Maybe I expected too much, having seen the review, on PBS.

Visited August 2011