“Excellence!” 5 of 5 stars

The White Hart
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Poole Street, Great Yeldham, England   |
“Excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I live locally to the the restaurant and me and my husband decided to splash out on the a la carte menu one Wednesday evening. This was a treat for us and we have to say we were pleasantly surprised. We were warmly welcomed and the 6... (Yes 6!!) course menu was clearly explained to us by the waitress. We were amazed by each course as they were perfectly presented and tasted delicious. The service was quick yet informative as the manageress Hayley informed us on the the local area and where they get thier produce (all fresh and local I have to mention). All round a romantic and delicious treat.

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

ving locally, I drive past this restaurant everyday on my way to work. After seeing their Sunday lunches advertised outside, I decided it would be a nice to try it out. The building and the grounds are beautiful, a huge beer garden where we enjoyed a drink before our meal. The food itself was lovely, plenty of choice for all tastes, even for my very fussy daughter! Staff and the service they gave was impeccable. The waitresses were very presentable, pleasant and made the overall experience brilliant. After our successful Sunday lunch, my husband and I decided to return to try their ala carte menu. We had an amazing evening; the food was outstanding, the staff were excellent, offering extensive knowledge on the very complex dishes and friendly chit chat during our dining. We had a lovely evening and I would highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed March 2013
Cambridge England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to a Wedding here and stayed here for the night. The room was excellent clean tidy and very well decorated. The Wedding was excellent the staff were so good. The only down side was that we thought breakfast was included and it wasn't so had to pay for this on top. This is only a minor issue though as overall it was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Halstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I came to the White Hart for a sunday lunch with my family having previously visited and tasted the A La Carte menu which was superb and the food once again did not let me down. Not only was the food fantastic, main and dessert, but the staff were incredibly attentive and helpful, frequently checking if there was anything else that we needed and ensuring that our visit was an enjoyable one. Service was perfect, the food was brought out swiftly and our plates clearly quickly too. The staff were incredibly happy and made every effort possible to make sure that we had everything we needed. Really was service with a smile! I cannot praise the staff enough for the wonderful experience that my family and i had at The White Hart.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Six of us went for Sunday lunch and we were all disappointed. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't as good as it should be for the price and location.

I had soup of the day to start which had evidently not been tasted by the chef or seen any seasoning. When our main courses arrived the staff had splashed the gravy all over the plates on the way to the table. We were asked if our food was alright before we'd had chance to taste it. The roast potato portions were stingy (2-3 small potatoes each) and the vegetables were just... dull. Glasses were removed from our table before they were empty but we were never asked if we wanted any more, in fact the same waiter came to our table for glasses about three times in the same five minutes!

Two members of staff were wearing smart uniforms but the rest looked scruffy. There were a lot of staff working there but only the two wearing uniforms seemed to know what they were doing or care.

You have a fantastic location, don't let it down!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Halstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We recently had our civil partnership ceremony in the barn at the White Hart and I have nothing but praise for the venue, the food and the staff. From the very outset we had regular discussions with Laura and her team and the arrangements were made to suit our requests. On the day Hayley and Laura and the whole team made us and our guests so welcome and did their utmost to make our day perfect. From the time we and our guests arrived the atmosphere was superb, the welcome warm and the staff friendly. The wedding breakfast was of a high standard, the venue wonderful (if a little warm but resolved easily by opening the doors!) and everything went without a hitch. All in all a great venue for a civil partnership or wedding ceremony and reception and one I would highly recommend.
(In respect of a comment bu

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to not only the superstar that is Hayley but all the other staff too at The White Hart hotel for making our stay so special.

We've stay at a lot of other hotels over our years together and none have come close to the friendly and attentiveness of the staff at The White Hart. They make you feel as you are important to them and not just another customer.

We stayed at the White Hart on the 17th April 2013 for our 3rd year wedding anniversary, We had our wedding reception in the barn three years ago and I also proposed to my now wife in the barn. So The White Hart holds more than a special place in our hearts and every time we go we are made to feel so welcome, it's the attention to detail from our wedding that helped make our friends also book and have their wedding at the barn too (which was also amazing!)

From the minute you walk in, The White Hart is a lovely relaxing atmosphere, the comfy and cosy seating areas around the bar to the fine dinning experience in the restaurant, but what's also great is you can also grab food from the bar it you don't fancy finer dinning but the bar food is also amazing so it's win win really.

We booked the honeymoon suites and the A La Carte menu in the restaurant. We would highly recommend the A La Carte menu it blew us away it was amazing!

The room was excellent lovely and romantic exactly what we wanted, I need to find where those pillows are from as I could have slept for a year in that bed if it was not for the breakfast in the morning...

Breakfast was lovely and served to you in the bar area which is as I said early really cosy, with a selection of juices, tea and coffee on the bar along with a number of cereals or you can order a full cooked breakfast which we both did and it was lovely.

I would definitely recommend booking a break away at The White Hart, but if you don't fancy a break then just go for a meal or even just a drink!

Thanks again guys we'll be back real soon!

Norman & Charmian

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The White Hart? Share your experiences!