“Good food, nice atmosphere & friendly workers” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Northern Illinois
“Good food, nice atmosphere & friendly workers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I love going to this little cafe. It is very cozy and the food is good. I have eaten a variety of the food served here and haven't had anything bad. They have a great selection of desserts and wonderful ice cream. It is definitely the nicest place in town to eat. Very clean and I feel as if I can get healthy food, not just some fried stuff.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bloomington, Illinois
“Wish it could have been better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had given this little cafe 3 tries- I really wanted to like it due to its charming decor and it uniqueness in the community. However, this last visit kind of sealed the deal. I had ordered a Turkey Panini. There must not have been any kind of selection as to the condiments and how the sandwich is built. The young girl asked me nothing except for the side choice. She preceded to make the sandwich but without any gloves, instead, used her bare hands!! I would think the Health Department would have a problem with that, besides myself. I was told the sandwich would have cranberry sauce as a condiment. That sounded fantastic. Except...it wasn't. It tasted like jam, a sweet, sweet jam. Instead of complimenting the turkey -it over powered it and was so icky sweet, I thought I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Now-to the bread. A Panini requires a firm bread with substance since it will be pressed by the grill. I was given a normal airy, moist bread that you would make your breakfast toast with. It had a nice grill mark on it as well as the brown toasted color, BUT the bread was so limp that it would flop when you took a bite. The price was not the issue. I wouldn't mind spending $7.00 for a great Panini, but since I threw 1/2 of the sandwich away- I paid too much!

• Visited January 2012