“Some quality at the Quality Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Conference Center

You added Quality Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Frontage Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527 (Formerly The Oaks Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
milwaukee
“Some quality at the Quality Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here July 12-13th and took advantage of the stay, park and fly package. We were kinda hesitant based on previous reviews but they seemed to have the best price ($116). Check in went smoothly and the young lady behind the desk asked all our questions...very friendly. The problems started right when we walked into room104....peeling wallpaper, cracks in the ceiling, dust behind the bed, leaky pipe above the tub and a mildew smell. We immediately called to the front desk...the young woman sent someone down to fix the pipe. By this time I no longer wanted to stay in that room. This is where excellent customer service came into play.....I called back to the front desk and requested a room change which was granted, no issues, no questions, no attitudes from the staff. Our new room was 106 and it was the complete opposite of 104!from that point on everything was great...clean room, comfy beds, great breakfast, friendly shuttle driver (from Florida), front desk staff (helpful great attitudes and friendly) and the lady working the breakfast area made this stay enjoyable. Even though the rooms were "dated", there were some good qualities about this hotel and I'd stay here again if flying out of midway airport. The staff we encountered should be commended...excellent service. They made the stay great!

• Stayed July 2013
Russell S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments this hotel is scheduled for a full "Quality" Renovation starting in September 2013 and expected to last through April 2014. This renovation will feature all new bathrooms, new beds and tv's, carpeting and new drapery through out. In addtional our lobby, breakfast area and ballrooms will completely be renovated and upgraded as well.

I encourage you to stop back and see the improvements being made, this hotels location and service is outstanding. We are excited to get this project started. Feel free to reach out to me if your in the area again, I want your feedback when this renovation is completed!

Russell Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Would not recommend at all! Bathroom light and plug shorted out..did not work. They "fixed" it and it worked for 1 shower! We had four people! Hair dryer did not work. Tv sound did not work. We had a phone but no cord! Complaints to front desk seemed fruitless. Had to chase down toilet paper/tissues from housekeeping. Had to walk down hall to elevator to use house phone to call front desk. Tried to change rooms, was told none were available. Tried to discuss reduced rate or credit upon check out but was told manager had to approve that and Russell was not in. Left a message for Russell to call me...three days later and six messages later he has yet to call. Spoke to choice hotels and they offered 5000 points to resolve issue...that won't even pay for half of a night at this crappy hotel! Spoke to them again,they offered an extra 1000 points to "resolve" the matter. Only the manager..."Russell" can decide to comp or credit the guests. And we'll...he apparently... According to his front desk personnel is a very busy man!! I would not recommend this hotel for any kind of stay much less a conference!! I did not even mention the fact that the hotel was WAY outdated!!! I could have lived with that and it was never a part of any complaint!! 100.00 per night seems to be a bit much for less than adequate accommodations...BTW.. I TRIED!! To resolve thos with the hotel before taking it to corporate and then public... Guess they don't mind the bad publicity!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Russell Smith
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is an older Hotel. You can tell that in days gone by. it was a classy place. The room we had was spacious and clean. The breakfast was great and there was plenty of food to go around. Front desk ad housekeeping staff were courteous and helpful. Like I said this place needs a renovation but for the price it was a decent place to stay. I can tell they are working hard to get it back in shape.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent one night, taking advantage of the stay, park and fly offer. The staff and shuttle driver were nice. The hotel needs some serious improvements. The shower water never got to a temperature of more than cool. My nephew had a spider crawl up on his bed. And, we found an outside sitting area (always a plus for us), however it was very overgrown, except for the planters...they were full of water and weeds.

This hotel is in a very nice area, Burr Ridge, but it doesn't seem to fit in it's environment. It has tremendous potential.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DeWitt, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before flying to the Dominican for a week long vacation. It was a great deal for park and fly and the rooms were acceptable. The shuttle driver on the way to the airport made some very politically incorrect statements that made us feel very uncomfortable. The driver on the way back from the airport had some serious road rage and was yelling at the cabbies when he was loading our luggage. Both experiences were unpleasant. I was also a little disappointed that hotel didn't offer us any sort of breakfast since we departed thirty minutes before their continental breakfast started. In the past I have been in this situation and have at least been offered something pre packaged to get us through the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Normally I take the time to read reviews before booking, but we were in a hurry and booked the stay, park, fly option without checking out the reviews ... mistake! This hotel needs some serious upgrades to say the least!

The lobby area wasn't bad and I didn't go in the bar, but it looked rather nice and that is where the list of good things stops. We were greeted in the lobby by a sign that read something along the lines of "We are currently assisting another guest we will be back shortly". I've watched enough Hotel Impossible and checked into enough hotels to know this is a problem, but we are patient people and we waited ... and waited. After about 15 minutes the lady finally came inside the front doors and explained that a guest was having some trouble so she was assisting them which is fine expect now there was a line in the lobby with guests waiting to check in and I immediately realized the place was understaffed.

The hallways smelled pretty bad and the carpet was due to be replaced about 10 years ago. Everything in the room is outdated from the old tube TV to the lamps. Just like the hallways the carpet in the room should have been replaced long ago. There were holes in the wall from what we guessed were old lamps that no one bothered to patch and paint. The wallpaper on the walls was pealing all over. The worst part was the bed which was highly uncomfortable and was sagging in the middle when my girlfriend and myself laid down (we are small people so I don't think weight had anything to do with this). The only positives from the room is I didn't find any bugs or rodents! We could have asked for a different room, but we were only sleeping for 6 hours and looking around I can't imagine the other rooms were all that different.

I really am not too harsh on hotels when I intend on just sleeping for a bit and leaving, but this place is in such bad shape I can't even recommend it for a pass through stop.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rockford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

It is noticeably shopworn, but the staff was courteous, the breakfast was good (except for the broken toaster), and the room was quiet despite being only a few yards from I-55. There was no fridge or microwave in the room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!