“Wouldn't stay there again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Frontage Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527 (Formerly The Oaks Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Burr Ridge
Michigan
“Wouldn't stay there again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Not the cleanest. Carpet in room stained. Overall needs updates and cleaned. Reserved a king bed and didn't have one on arival. Put us in a temporary room and said would move us to king bed within hour. After 2 hours said no king rooms available. No compansation. You get what u pay for. Was very reasonably park & fly rate with stay 123.com.

• Stayed March 2012
GMIL379, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. As I explained to you on Saturday night we unfortunately had guests who did not check out as expected. While we didnt have any other king rooms we could assign you to, we did upgrade you to our best available room with two double queen beds. I just visited the room that you stayed in and did not find stained carpet, however the carpet does show its age and is a bit worn. We are working on a plan to make improvements in the coming months.

We provided you prompt hotel to airport shuttle services, a hot breakfast the morning of your departure and we have your car secured in our parking lot awaiting your eturn, all services you failed to mention.

When you return from your trip, please stop in to the hotel, I would love to discuss your stay with us in more detail so that I can pass along your comments to our employees so that we are addressing your real issues.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Traverse City, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We chose this hotel for its convenient location for our visit with our grandsons and for the indoor pool facilities. Much to our dismay, we found out after we checked in that the pool was closed. When we asked why the pool was closed, we were initially told it was a filtration system problem. As disappointed as we were, we thought these things happen and that's just the way it goes. On our second day, we decided to at least check out the pool area and were surprised to see the pool was filled and the water looked very inviting, but the closed sign was still out. When we asked again whether the pool was now open, we were told that a new requirement had gone into effect Jan. 1, 2012 that a lift chair for disabled people needed to be in place before the pool could be used. Our stay was Jan. 6-8, and no lift chair had been installed yet. Our complaint is that the hotel management knew about this requirement in advance and did not comply with it, but nothing was said at the time of booking our room about the pool being closed. In addition to the pool issue, the general condition of the hotel was unsatisfactory. Peeling wallpaper and dirty carpeting in the hallways, old, worn furniture in the rooms and paper thin walls. We were awakened at 1:30 a.m. by a group of noisy people in the next room, who sounded like they were in OUR room. Not a pleasant stay and we will not choose this hotel the next time we are in the Chicago area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side facing away from the expressway would be quieter, but just hope there are no noisy...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GMIL379, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thanks for your comments! Our pool has been closed due to an ongoing filtration issue, where parts for our aging system are harder to find each year. While it may appear to be safe, there are strict rules regarding pools and the safety of our customers which governs our ability to allow guests to use our pool. Our pool is not closed due to changes that require a lift be installed.

While our hotel appears dated the price you paid reflects the dated offerings we do have. We do maintain a clean hotel and banquet facility. I would have been happy to address your issues had you brought any problems to my attention during your stay. Feel free to contact me at the hotel if you require futher resolution to your stay.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

our work Christmas party was held here in the Garden Room and the staff couldn't have been more accomidating. Russell the GM was very helpful & made sure our room looked beautiful, there were compliments all evening about how nice the room looked & how good the food tasted. It may be somewhat tucked away but it is definatly worth it for events. If we have a party this year it will definatly be here again~

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
GMIL379, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Sherri,

Thanks so much for your comments! I know your employees had fun and so did we! We continue to strive to make every event and guest experience the best it can be! Hope you choose us again in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I knew staying at the quality inn would be much different than staying at an urban boutique or more popular hotel in downtown Chicago. I didn't mind it, because I would be spending my New Years Eve with loved ones.
On the day of my arrival, I called around 12p to request a refrigerator. The young lady confirmed it would be in my room upon my arrival. So, knowing this, I arrived around 830p or so with Carryout food I'd bought from Maggianos. We had an entire spread to eat now and save also for later.

I immediately noticed the room did NOT have a fridge. I called the front desk, the lady that answered, apologizes saying she was unaware of my request. This puzzles me that there is such a lack of communication in such a small establishment. She then says she'll have the guy bring me one but it's really busy tonight. Well my issue is that I'm a planner, and I expect my paid request to be fulfilled in a timely manner. It's not as of this is something in getting for free!

Then an hour or so later, i call again and ask for 2 toothbrushes and toothpaste. around 10 ish, in comes the fridge. I rush to put the food inside so i can make it to an event I was attending, and I see black spots in the fridge!!!! Omg, beyond DISGUSTED!!!! Also, no toothbrush or tooth paste in sight. The guy says he didn't know anything about it.

I call the front desk and ask if it's customary to NOT clean the fridges. The girl says no, apologizes, yet again. I ask to speak to a manager, she says one will call me back. really when...at midnight...on new years day?!?!

Then 30 min later, a guy comes with a fridge. He says he only delivers them, doesn't clean them and apologizes. There seems to be a lot of deferred blaming of others no true ownership being taken at all.

Around 11, we had to go to the front desk to get our own toothbrushes.

At about 1240a, I was so disgusted with this subpar experience, I requested a refund, and the desk manager says "we've replaced the fridge. The room is occupied now, no refund." Yes, the room was occupied, but they were notified of my displeasure IMMEDIATELY. it's funny that a business thinks its ok to treat their customers this way. This was a lesson learned for me though. I'll Never stay at or attend an event here ever again in LIFE!!!! It's pretty sad when you have to spend the beginning of your new year writing a review of poor service. I work in the customer service industry, and truly know when poor service is being given. It's such a shame, that in such a competitive industry, a hotel would be so nonchalant!

• Stayed December 2011
Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The hotel is in need of some updating and TLC, but the staff did do all they could to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. The room was very spacious, had clean and quality linens, comfortable beds, close proximity to restaurants (try Cooper's Hawk - it was wonderful) and shops. They had a decent breakfast selection. It's a good option for a budget trip to Chicago - the staff are excellent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GMIL379, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Steph,

Thank you for your comments. My staff and I continue to strive for clean rooms and the best service. While we are not the newest we continue to provide value for travelers coming to the Chicago area.

Thanks again!

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I just booked this hotel for a group of researchers who were using Argonne National Laboratory. I choose this hotel for the star rating and proximity to Argonne. They just returned from their trip and begged me never to book this hotel again. The expressway noise was loud, there were cockroaches in the stairwells and we will not go into the smell...and those were the good things they could say about the hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GMIL379, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Mindy,

Please contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay with us. I was not made aware of any issues during your stay with us. We would have gladly moved your room had we been notifed that the road noise was a problem. In addition I would like to discuss where you saw cockroaches because we have a pest control company who regularly comes through the property like all other hotels and these issues were never reported.

We are in the process of updating our public hallway lighting.

Thanks for you comments, please call me to discuss your issues!

Thank you!

630-325-2900
Ballwin, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Hotel was rated 3 out of 5 stars & there weren't many other 3 star hotels in the area so we tried it. Although our room was clean & the staff very helpful the hotel was old & in much need of repair. Our room had not been painted or updated in any way in years. Halls were dark & dank. It was priced right & if I had been expecting a 1 or 2 star I would have understood.

Room Tip: Get a room away from I-55
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!