“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Very comfy rooms. Nice bar area and lobby. I would definitely stay here again. Stopped in for a night since I was flying out of midway the next morning. Work area was very comfortable and had what I needed to do my reports in the room.

• Stayed June 2014
Howard G, General Manager at Marriott Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Jbeattie45,
We are excited you chose to stay with us at the Marriott Burr Ridge while flying out of Midway. Many of our guests enjoy the comfy rooms and nice bar/lobby area just like you did on your recent visit. Hope the trip was a success and that you will come stay again soon at the Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night due to its location near Midway Airport. I didn't expect this hotel with such a high quality because the one day rental was only $100. When I arrived, I was surprised that the hotel looks very new and tidy. The receptionist greeted us warmly. The room was clean with good view. This hotel is very good value for money. I'll definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Higher level has better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard G, General Manager at Marriott Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hi Alex,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. We appreciate your feedback regarding our location being convenient to Midway Airport and us being such a high quality hotel. Many of our guests will agree with you that our receptionist will offer a warm greeting and our rooms are clean with a good view.
Have a wonderful summer Alex, please say hello next time you visit us at the Marriott Burr Ridge!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is very clean e relaxing. While staying in the room you are not disturbed by any rumour.
Suggested if you are looking for a relaxing stay with basic amenities like restaurant and fitness center.
Not suggested if you are looking for something to be close to downtown (Chicago is at 30 min drive by car)...

Hi Alessandro,

We appreciate you taking the time to share with all that our hotel is very clean and relaxing. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge while visiting the city.
Have a wonderful summer and make sure to visiti us again soon.
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Great place in an excellent location, especially if coming from the south up Interstate 55. Only 20 minutes from Lake Shore Drive. Definitely the place to stay if don't want to deal with high price and logistics of a downtown hotel.

WolfGang,
Thank you for making the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge part of your recent trip to downtown Chicago. Many of our repeat guests will agree when you say we offer a great place in an excellent location, especially if coming from the south up Interstate 55. Glad to hear it was just a short 20 minutes downtown from Lake Shore Drive to us in Burr Ridge. Thank you as well for adding we are definately the place to stay if one doesn't want to deal with the high price and logistics of a downtown hotel.
Safe travels to you this summer, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff. Easy access from the expressway. Located near a nice shopping area with quality restaurants and other other dining options.
Close to city attractions and other trendy suburbs.

Hi Denise,
We are thrilled to be your first review! Thank you for staying with us at the Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. Our staff strive to be friendly and helpful, glad you enjoyed that part of your stay in addition to the nice shopping and quality restaurants nearby.
Please come back soon and say hello when in the Burr Ridge area again.
Colchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

When I checked in I was greeted promptly and all my information was correct and on file. The cocierge was very accommodating. I was able to leave my room and have a nice area to watch a movie and have some snacks to hold me over until attending dinner in the Marriott restaurant. There is a beautiful patio outside where you can sit around a fire and
relax. When returning back to my room in the evening the sheets were turned down and there were chocolates on my pillow.

• Stayed May 2014
Howard G, General Manager at Marriott Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Lawson_sargent,
Thank you for choosing to call the Marriott Burr Ridge home while traveling from Connecticut. Everyone here at the Marriott Burr Ridge appreciates you takeing the time to share your thoughts with us. We pride ourselves on a prompt greeting upon your arrival and being as accommodating as possible. Summer has officially arrived in Burr Ridge, glad to hear you enjoyed our outdoor patio while sitting around a fire and relaxing.
Please let us know when you will be back in the Burr Ridge/Chicago area, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

To the good- nice people, tidy and mostly quite clean, except for the hair in my shower, but I cannot begin to forgive a mattress so old and worn I can feel the springs.
I also don't like paying for wifi. Yes, I can expense it but that isn't the point. If McDonalds can give me free wifi...
The decor is dated, but except for the filthy arms of the upholstered chairs, not in bad shape. Did I say the people are nice?
I lay this problem on the owners.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Howard G, General Manager at Marriott Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear 2ta,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. I agree that we have very nice associates at the Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge to make every guest's stay as perfect as could be.
I am very surprised to hear your thoughts on the cleanliness of your room. Numerous guests stop me in the lobby on a daily basis to tell me how clean their room is and that they absolutely love the decor of the Marriott Burr Ridge.
We wish you would have let us know the mattress was not ideal to your liking while you were here. Our team would have found a room with a mattress to match your preference and assisted with moving your luggage as well.
Please let us know when your travels bring you back to the Burr Ridge area, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott.

Been to Marriott Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge? Share your experiences!