“I'm NOT going to let this hotel ruin my trip, though it easily could . . .” 2 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 W 90 North Frontage Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Burr Ridge
Traverse City, Michigan
“I'm NOT going to let this hotel ruin my trip, though it easily could . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I'm writing FROM the SpringHill Suites at Burr Ridge where my suite is located on the first floor--near the breakfast nook--and so I am awake because of the staff using the ice machine to get copious amounts of ice for breakfast. There are children screaming outside the room, I can hear the phone at the front desk, and the staff are speaking loudly to each other. I can't BELIEVE the amount of money I am paying for this lousy experience. The pool is dated and has algae in it--though the water is warm which is a plus. The pull out bed is surprisingly comfortable--but what's the use when there is so much noise outside of the room. There are plenty of other decent hotels in this area--save your money and your sleep and avoid this one.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
vkroll, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you for your comments. I always appreciate feedback from guests so we can continue to work on the service that we deliver to our guests. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us due to the excessive noise that you experienced with your room on the first floor near the lobby. Again, thank you for your comments, the staff & I greatly appreciate them.

Vicki Kroll

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
St. louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I are parents to an 18 year-old college student, who is currently studying at Columbia College in Chicago. At $36,000 per year -- coming straight out of our pocket, we are always looking for ways to save a few dollars. Traveling to Chicago can be as expensive as traveling to New York City. So this trip, we decided to look for hotels outside the City. We found the Springhill Suites at Burr Ridge, a very nice, newer hotel, only $109 a night, with a sitting area, microwave, refrigerator, big bathroom and king size bed that was very comfortable. The room was very clean, the breakfast in the morning very pleasant and the staff couldn't have been nicer. A quick hop onto the highway and we were in downtown Chicago in about 25 minutes. No, it's not like being right downtown and walking out your door onto Michigan Ave., but the cheapest hotel room I could find -- a decent hotel -- was $198. Add the $48 parking fee on to that price and it's not cheap! The money I save I spent at IKEA which is just a few exits back from Burr Ridge. I'm happy, my son was happy - I brought him Halloween candy -- and I saved some money! Would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
vkroll, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We always enjoy hearing from our guests.
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

This hotel has a nice lobby, although it is on the smallish size. The rooms are fairly large and have plenty of room to move around if you like. The hotel staff is adequate. Although if you need help with directions they are rather difficult to work with. When I asked the person at the front desk for help getting to Milwaukee, WI, he told me just follow the signs. I know it's fairly simple but my fiancee and I wanted to take a stroll through downtown Chicago, and there really aren't any signs heading you to Milwaukee downtown. Although it was something small it definitely changed my opinion of the place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

The hotel looks very nice upon entrance. There was a bit of a line to check in but the staff quickly checked everyone in. The hotel room was nice, the carpets seemed a little damp at first, but I guess at least they had been cleaned! The computer desk was very wobbly and there were about a hundred screws in the back of the bathroom door, but nothing to make the stay uncomfortable. Just things I didn't expect to see by my first impression.

Unfortunately I came home and found I have been charged an additional $161 for a stay I had already paid $195 through Travelocity.com. I have been assured a manager will call me in a day about this, and I hope it is remedied. I know there was no damage to warrant any charges. I did have to get shuffled through 4 people and a voice mail to get any help with the problem, and then the help was just a promise of a return call. Hoping it all works out though. Overall it was a nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Billings, MT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I am very disappointed. I had higher expectations from a Marriott property. The room was very dated and the vanity and shower areas were small and poorly kept. I found pubic hair on the floor and in my shower upon arrival. I scheduled a three night stay however I canceled the third night's reservation because of the unkept and dated accommodations. The window air conditioner unit was laughable. Not only was it a spectacle but it was so loud that I suffered in heat because I was unable to sleep due to the noise level of the unit. It appears the room might have been updated at some time, but more money should have been put into the remodeling of the bathroom and kitchenette. I will never stay at this lodging again. I read through some of the reviews and I agree unless one has a car rental, access to restaurants is difficult. The lodging does however offer menus from the local area for delivery. On the plus side, the lodging is located in a very upscale beautiful area. The breakfast options were terrific. The lobby was nicely kept and very clean. The amenities/snack area was a true asset and a plus to my stay. The staff was very helpful in providing local maps and direction to shopping and restaurants. My gripe is primarily due to the poor condition of the room.

• Liked — breakfast options
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness and dated rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Love this hotel. I stay for business. Always a nice clean room, big comfy bed, separate living room area in suite, good breakfast, nice business center setup, close to good shopping and restaurants. Will always stay here when in the area, no need to look further.

• Liked — clean, friendly staff, large suite, comfy bed, good breakfast, good location, good shopping nearby
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stayed here as part of a large wedding party - one of two in the house at the time - and this hotel was, in a word - aequate.

I expect a clean, attractive lobby, a good, hot breakfast and a clean room and this property provided that - just that. The location was excellent for our purpose and I was able to get some exercise in the immediate vicinity of this hotel (sidewalks along the roadways and a large manufacturing facility nearby - CNH- with a huge parking lot that was .5 miles in circumference). As I have come to expect, the exercise room was laughably small.

Our bed was a joke - lumpy, not much support and a bottom fitted sheet that barely covered the mattress. Marriott ought to pay more attention as the Hilton and Westin brands have done wonders with their beds. When we asked about a replacement the staff indicated they didn't know how to go about something like that as no one had ever asked...

And the in-room HVAC unit was like sleeping with a helicopter hovering outside our window. It was a constant drone that got even louder when the compressor kicked in to blow chilled air. Good thing we always bring earplugs.

Davooda

Stayed May 2008

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale? Share your experiences!