“Great place for extended family stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale

You added SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 W 90 North Frontage Road, Burr Ridge, IL 60527   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Dunlap, Illinois
“Great place for extended family stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites while hosting a family reunion in the Chicago area. It was a great set up for family. We had three rooms, and each had a sitting area so we had plenty of places to relax and have coffee or wine. Two rooms had king beds, and one had two doubles and a sofa, so all the kids piled in there. I would highly recommend Spring Hill Suites for large family groups. The Burr Ridge area is great for walking. We walked to a small park, a concert, and also around the shopping area. Great location!

Room Tip: All rooms were large with nice sitting areas. Our only complaint was the noise from the fans in bedr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hi Carolsviews.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that we helped make your family reunion a success! I agree- our spacious suites are perfect for families and Burr Ridge is an excellent location with lots of things to do! Safe travels and may all of your family reunions be just as wonderful!

Sales and Catering

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is not in downtown Chicago, so if you are looking to have fun in the downtown area, this is not the hotel for that. We wanted a quite place near the Midway airport and this hotel was selected mostly for that. It is about 12 miles from MDW and traffic wise, it is not bad to get to the airport from this hotel (or the other way round).
We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The hotel decor was nice and pleasing with a pond nearby that adds to the surroundings. Parking was free and abundant.
Rooms were spacious and we had connecting suites. It had lots of amenities and our stay was quite pleasant. Note that there are no great food options on site (hotel does have some stuff for sale) and you need a car to get around. Its location is good enough to get around easily by car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Bondj303.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Our location is convenient in that it is close enough to downtown, O'Hare and Midway without having to deal with all of the hussle and bussle that comes with being directly in those areas. We do have a deal with Airport Taxi where it is $24.00 to/from Midway and $32.00 to/from O'Hare. We also provide shuttle transportation to/from the Hinsdale Train Station for those hoping to do downtown. I am glad to hear that we were a pleasant surprise and that you enjoyed our scenery and our suites. We do have a lot of great dining options within a one mile radius that we will happily shuttle to/from. Thanks again and safe travels!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was a very comfortable hotel and great service. The bed was comfortable and the room very spacious. My husband and I was their for a wedding. The whole family was their and we had a great time. The kids loved the indoor pool. My husband waited late to ask for housekeeping and was told they left for the day. Later I ran into housekeeping in the hall, she was leaving for the day but came and cleaned our room... and did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Michigan48180.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and the wedding that brought you to the area as well! Our indoor pool is one of the nicest in the area! I am also very glad to hear that housekeeping was able to accommodate you! Thanks again and safe travels!

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding last Saturday night. I commented that it would be nice to come back again and spend more than one night since the room was more than adequate. It felt like an efficiency apartment with a living area with couch, desk area, kitchen area, and bedroom area. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Someone commented that they didn't like the two side tables put together for a coffee table. However, I thought that added to their flexibility.

Some commented that noise bothered them, but that was not the case for us. In fact, when coming back into the room, my husband commented on the soundproofing as he'd heard a baby crying in the next room from the hallway and we heard nothing in our room.

The breakfast was good with a nice assortment of items similar to other hotels. Although there seemed to be plenty of seating, it was not really enough for a morning after a sold-out night. Fortunately, a few people left and our group ended up being able to sit together.

The only problem we had was with a slow elevator. We think one of the elevators was out of service for most of our stay and the other seemed to be slower than what would be attributable to a normal getting on and off process.

The sign on the front of the hotel is not readily visible from the side of the street nearest it (north?), so keep your eyes open. We drove by the first time.

The hotel provided shuttle service to the wedding reception that we were attending, so that was a nice extra.

We were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: We were in 511 and did not notice elevator noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi DebbieRH.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. Congrats to the happy couple! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our suites and the breakfast in the morning. I apologize for the fact that seating was limited and that one of the elevators was indeed shut down for repairs. I agree with the sign placement as well but it's a village ordinance so we are limited in our capabilities. Thank you again and we can't wait for you to return!

Milton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful but the rooms were not up to expectations. The location was great and we loved the outdoor mall just minutes away with decent dining options. We had 2 rooms on the 6th floor, 614 & 615. The walls must not be insulated very well as the bell from the elevator in the hall was a disturbance throughout the night. The rooms were of average size and had all the needed elements but the carpeting was damp and sticky through the rooms and the furnishings did not reflect a hotel I thought was recently renovated. Picture holes in walls and 2 end tables pushed together to make a coffee table are things I would expect to find in a 2 star hotel. The a/c heat unit fan is very loud and even had a funny smell when we first turned it on in one of the rooms. The breakfast that was included was very nice and exceeded expectations, although the hotel was fully booked and breakfast seating was hard to come by.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms located near the elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi MaryLollen.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both our staff and location. I do apologize that the room was not what you had expected and thank you for providing the suite numbers so that I can go inspect them. I am not sure where you got the impression that the Hotel was recently renovated. Our last renovation was in 2007 and we are still one of the newer properties in the area. Thank you again for your feedback and I will definitely address your concerns.

Smithville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay! Rooms very clean with no odors! Very quiet! Very comfortable beds although hide a bed could have been more comfortable. I was amazed how accommodating it was. Front desk was super! Breakfast was fresh, tasty and adequate. In spite of the pool being renovated. they made arrangements for another facility. I liked the safe feeling of the area. I Would stay there again,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi Kelley R.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you were so happy with our Hotel and again apologize that our pool was closed for repairs but am relieved to hear that you were informed of the alternative swimming accommodations that we had set up. Safe travels and thanks again!

Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been so fortunate to stay at the SpringHill Suites Chicago Burr Ridge numerous times over the past two years. Their staff is amazing !! Onone visit when I became ill, they treated me like family. They would call to check on me, offer to assist with insuring meals and getting medications for me and truly showed absolute concern for my well being and comfort. They continue to exceed all expectations for customer service and comfort. I truly look forward to staying at this hotel while traveling.

Mary FL

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Mary W.

Thank you for making us your second home when traveling and for writing a review on Trip Advisor! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to hear about how our staff not only exceeded your expectations but also make you feel like family when you became ill! Hopefully you are feeling much better these days! Thank you again and safe travels!

Sales and Catering Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale? Share your experiences!