“Decent hotel - HOT room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale

You added SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Burr Ridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Green Bay
“Decent hotel - HOT room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night. I did use the fitness room and it was adequate. The hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. My only gripe was the temperature in the building, especially my room. It was so very warm in my room and in the hallways with the exception of the first floor. I honestly thought I might be experiencing hot flashes! That is until I heard another guest making the same observation. Nice hotel, but turn down the heat.

• Stayed November 2012
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hi Sacci.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I will definitely look into your heating comments and try to figure out why that was and if it can be avoided. It may have just been our heating/cooling units having a little trouble adjusting to the different temperatures since it hasn't happened since. I am very envious! When I travel, I always mean to use the fitness room but it just never happens! I wish I had your will power! Thank you again, safe travels and happy holidays.

Sales and Catering

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Parkland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here in late October for a weekend in the Chicago suburbs visiting friends and family. Friday night was fine. Saturday night was very different as it was constant partying just outside my room. The Hotel's General Manager advised me after my stay that this relatively small hotel hosts weddings most weekends. Unfortunately, my recent stay coincided with such. Below was my follow-up e-mail to Marriott's Customer Care Center (minus specific names of the employees involved):

I have tried on four occasions to reach out to the hotel's General Manager, regarding the following situation:
Regarding my recent stay at this suburban Chicago. It was impossible to get to sleep as there were loud parties going on throughout the hotel including just outside my room. I called the night desk clerk at 11:30 PM to inquire if there was anything he could do and also advised him the exact room number of one of the loud parties. He advised me that "you need to understand there are two weddings going on, but I will look into it." The loud noises never stopped. There were people constantly in the hallway yelling and causing commotion. At 3:15 AM I checked out of hotel and uncovered that the hotel also had many people outside in the parking lot partying. This was not a safe situation, let alone one in which anyone could get any sleep. When I spoke with her on Monday, the General Manager would not speak in depth with me about the situation until she confirmed it with her staff. A day later she left me a polite message apologizing and also placed some miles for the night into my rewards account. She has yet to return my follow-up call and I did not ask her for the miles as it was not the reason for my call. What I want to know is WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE IN THIS SITUATION? SHOULD I HAVE CALLED THE POLICE? A hotel full of unruly all-night partyers (some underage?) -- inside, down the hall, across the hall and in the parking lot -- is not a safe, acceptable place to stay. You've got dozens and dozens of loud drunk partyers inside the hotel (some outside) in the wee hours of the morning causing constant disturbances and apparently one lone desk clerk to ineffectively manage the situation. His "management" of the situation was to make sure the wedding people were able to party. As a 17-year Marriott Elite Member, I am alarmed that nobody at this hotel seems to take this seriously. Why do the wedding people's rights to loudly party all night trump my right to relative quiet and safety at your property?

Here is the bulk of the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge. I am sorry we could not remedy the situation for you, what you did was appropriate by contacting the front desk. Sometimes we can not control what other guest are doing or how they are acting, but we do try our best. I apologize that we were unable to resolve this situation during your stay. We have conducted some additional staff training, highlighting some of the issues you brought up.

Room Tip: I was advised after my stay that this relatively small hotel hosts weddings most weekends. Apparent...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vkroll, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Paperbag41,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge. Because every guest is staying with us for their own unique reason we try to ensure that each guest has a great stay. It is one of our biggest challenges, as it is with many hotels. We try very hard to ensure each guest enjoys their stay at our hotel and I am so very sorry we did not meet the expectations of your stay. We always look forward to hearing from our guests, both positive and negative, it let's us know how we are doing and where we need to improve.

Best Regards,

Vicki Kroll
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Although our room was tiny for a "suite", it had all the necessary features...comfortable beds, soft pillows, small sofa, a desk, one large TV which straddles the sitting area and bed area, very small frig, and a microwave. The pool area is nice, but the pool could have been warmer, and the shower on the wall was ice cold and would not turn off. Pool towels are supplied, so you do not have to drag one from the room. The popcorn in the lobby is a nice idea, and there are 2 lobby stores. One has snacks and juices, one has beer and wine. The breakfast was fine, except for the scrambled eggs. As others mentioned, they are horrible...hard, rubbery, and tasteless. I doubt that they are actually made from real eggs. The second morning I discovered the hard boiled ones in a container on ice by the yogurt, and these were fine.

One warning: Google and GPS cannot find the frontage road address, for map purposes the correct address is 6900 Veterans Blvd. Getting lost did lead us to find the very famous Dell Rhea's Chicken in a Basket restaurant, which features the most wonderful fried chicken ever, and has a buffet lunch on weekdays. Everything was delicious. It is apparently a historic landmark, and a famous spot along the old Route 66. It is located south of the hotel on the frontage road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hi PTW2412.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. While I do apologize that the suite was not as big as you had hoped for, I'm glad you found that it had everything you were looking for. All of our suites do include a microfridge, microwave, flat screen, iHome, Paul Mitchell products and pull out sofa sleeper. I will look into the pool temperature but I know there is a certain temperature mandated by the state that we keep it at and I will definitely bring it to housekeeping's attention to make sure they are replenishing the towels. We do have two 24 hour markets that sell a number of useful things from food to items possibly forgotten at home. We are working to try to correct the GPS issue, some have our location, some don't and we do encourage people via our website and our front desk to plug in the Veterans Blvd address. The Chicken Basket is famous and fabulous- so glad you were able to try it! Thanks again and safe travels!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights. Hotel was good, rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I especially loved the view from our window. The Pond or water view in the front shining when the sunlight falls on it was mesmerizing and peaceful. Hotel Staff was very helpful. Complimentary breakfast was decent and indoor pool looked inviting and big.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors facing the front (water) offer good view and sunny
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Neha M.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed a spacious, clean and comfortable suite and the view from the window. We are around a number of parks, trails and a pond that make for a scenic and peaceful atmosphere. Our Hotel staff prides themselves on providing good service and will be happy to hear they've succeeded. The indoor pool is always a favorite with people and one of these days, I'm hoping to try it out! Thanks again and safe travels.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

As a frequent business traveler I've found Springhills to usually be good places to stay. Unfortunately this one was a major disappointment. While the room was spacious, the furnishings were worn and the bed wasn't very comfortable, and I had several maintenance issues. It took a trip to the front desk plus a visit to my room from maintenance for me to get a working TV remote control. The climate control system wasn't working properly in the room-- there was no way to turn off the fan, meaning I had to listen to a constantly roaring fan throughout my stay. The tub drain was very slow, and even after bringing it up to the front desk staff, the problem was not resolved at all during my multi-night stay. One sign of a declining property is cutbacks on maintenance, and that was certainly evident during my stay. For $150+ a night I expect much more.

Hi Rams1994.

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with our property as our goal is to wow every guest that walks through our doors. We apologize about the maintenance issues (specifically the television remote and the tub drain) and will definitely investigate into them further. We hope you will make a return visit and give us another change to redeem ourselves and wow you. Thanks again.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Used to live in this area and stayed nearby at Marriott, but wanted to try something different. Overall, would say that it's a good option. Hotel is extremely clean and staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast is about what you would expect. Someone really should take the young lady aside and tell her that she's overcooking the eggs when they fall apart there's not enough moisture. But the rest of the food is fine. Rooms are spacious. Doors, I really have to say, are S-O-L-I-D. No hollow core here! The A/C as someone said in another review is noisy and not terribly efficient at heating either. Put on more blankets and shut it off. Shower is high powered. Kitchenette has small fridge, bar sink and small mike, but it works. You can shop at Brookhaven down the street and pick up all sorts of deli, gourmet salads and meats, plus a nice selection of beers and wines. The staff is handy with a wine bottle opener which I wasn't carrying because of airport security. Convenient to Burr Ridge shopping, I-55 (Stevenson) and I-294 and I-355 plus both O'Hare and Midway.

Room Tip: Four rooms around the elevators might not be my first choice, but...I got top floor 616. So 617, 61...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ANelson7530, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi JoKope.

Thank you for staying with us, for writing a review and for giving us a change. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed us in many ways (location, our doors, guest service, etc). I will address your concerns in regards to the overcooked eggs. Safe travels and we can't wait to see you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice staff, decent breakfast - complete with rubbery eggs, and several pretty good alternatives.

Nice lobby and helpful staff, good location - with easy access to nice restaurants, freeways, and the downtown area.

Would I stay again??? I would - but would prefer to stay in the Bolington Springhill Suites location due to the loud Air conditioning units and the sometime loud freeway noise at this location

Room Tip: stay on the side with room facing away from freeway... might help reduce the noise factor
Hi Randy R.

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. I am sorry that we were unable to completely wow you during your stay. Our staff, location and condition of our property are some of our best features. I apologize that the eggs were not to your liking but am glad that you were able to find other suitable alternatives. Thank you again.

Sales and Catering

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge / Hinsdale? Share your experiences!