“Poor rating” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buffalo Grove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here one night after our air conditioner went out during the heat wave. My father stayed one extra night than me. Picked the hotel due to it being close to the house. The rooms were very nice, spacious and clean. The beds are amazing. Over all we found the stay very pleasant and COOL!

A few complaints, the duvet that covers the amazing down comforter does not cover the whole blanket, and I found an icky stain on the blanket. Would benefit from a full duvet cover that can be washed. Also, the shower curtain had shampoo and soap stains on it, but the bathroom was clean and well stocked. The breakfast, just eh... you can get better down the street a Buffalo. The T.V.'s, just gotta go. And the satellite service sucked. There were storms the night I stayed there and we kept losing the satellite signal. I have read other reviews and the managements replies, so I do know they are working on rehabbing the outside, but a HUGE glaring security flaw is the courtyard, door number 7 (I think) across from the pool. It doesn't shut all the way. I went out to smoke a cigarette and thought I had locked myself out, as there is no swipe thingy available at this door. I was surprised and sort of freaked that not only does the door not close, but anyone could just walk right in there. If renovations are going to be done, someone needs to either permanently lock this door, or fix it quick. It could be a huge liability.

These few issues aside, you get great value for you buck, there are restaurants two steps away with amazing food and the beds are yummy. Staff was great and I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I'm sure with the renovations, that the complaints will be addressed, as I'm not the only one who have stated the same concerns that others have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager60089, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Inn Buffalo Grove, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. As the new General Manager of the property, it provides an good indication of what areas we may need to address to ensure we are exceeding our guest expectations. We do have plans to correct the door that you mentioned, and work should begin on that shortly. We are also reviewing proposals for the televisions and cable service to upgrade those areas.

We appreciate the time you took to provide your comments, and hope that if the need ever arises again, that you will choose the Wyndham Garden Hotel
Charleston, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were here for three days and it was an excellent stay. Our room was large, and the room, bathroom, & furnishings were immaculate! The walls were fresh-no marks at all. The two chairs in the room were super--the desk chair was ergonomic, and the arm chair was very comfortable. The arm chair had a plug in outlet for electronics and swivle tables to hold your food, snacks, or computer. The bed was extremely comfortable and all the bedding felt fresh and clean. With the exception of the very skimpy s (thin) towels everything was excellent. Amenities included separate shampoo and conditioner. The TV, as others have said, is outdated. However, the picture was decent so it wasn't really a problem for us. Breakfast is not included- but you can do the buffet or order from the menu at reasonable prices. Food was very good.
Now, the hotel is located in a scenic and pretty area, but Lake Cook Road is very busy in the morning during rush hour. If you are a business traveler and need to head east, be sure to allow at least double your travel time.
If you are a senior, be sure and ask to be near the elevator.
My advice to the hotel is provide lids for the coffee in the lobby.
And finally, to the hotel staff, kudos--they are very customer focused. I spoke with Katie at the front desk and she was very informative,helpful, and pleasant. Thank you, Katie, for your assistance!
travel time--it is bumper to bumper.

Room Tip: If you are seniors, and you choose to be on the second floor, be sure to ask for a room close to th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. I am pleased that Katie provided the service that we strive for, and have reviewed your comments with our kitchen staff regarding you enjoying the food quality. Thank you for the time your took in sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.

Been to Wyndham Garden Inn Buffalo Grove? Share your experiences!