“one night stay close to Midway” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7887 W 79th St, Bridgeview, IL 60455   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bridgeview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here from August 22-24. When I first arrived I found the front desk staff to be very polite and helpful. Housekeeping was polite as well. My room seemed clean, but when I went in the bathroom the toilet seat was filthy, the light didn't work either. The beds seemed clean but apparently they weren't because now I'm covered with bed bug bites. The walls are very thin. I could hear everything outside of my room. The location was fine for me as we'll as the price. I definitely will not stay here again however.

• Stayed August 2012
Kentwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I needed a cheap place to stay and made the mistake of lodging here. The room was absolutely disgusting: major carpet and furniture stains, burn marks on the linens, a broken toilet, and dirt/crumbs/dead bugs in a fold in the side of the mattress protector. Yeah, it's a Super 8 but you still expect some basic cleanliness. Add to that thin walls and noise all night in the halls. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

All things considered, this property was adequate. Very "Spartan" but for the most part clean. I stayed here one night in room 123. This rating is compared to other ECONOMY hotels, not Hiltons.

PRO'S

Fairly clean
Micro Fridge combo
fresh paint
in decent shape
Price
courteous staff

CONS

Horrible work area, chair and table are useless for laptop work
NO outlets
noisy bed
cheap lumpy pillows
strong "soap-like" odor in room
reclining chair frame broken, unusable

The breakfast was the bare minimum and not very impressive. Cold cereals mostly.

I’d rate it a 70/100 overall and a 80/100 for value. The Chicagoland area tends to be pricey, with a Red Roof Inn starting around 79.00 a night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Having spent a couple weeks at this hotel, I wanted to say how wonderful the staff was on a daily basis. Nothing was too much to ask. The breakfast was pretty impressive for Super 8. The staff had a pleasant family atmosphere about them. We had to stay for a longer period of time and they made every effort to make our stay comfortable. It was a reasonably priced
and great home away from home.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms were convenient and very quiet considering the traffic on the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Not by any means a two-star lodging.

I reserved a room online. Had a confirmation code. Lady at desk was able to access my reservation with my last name. Then she claimed I had reserved a smoking room when I had not. She didn't care. Said all the non-smoking rooms were reserved even though it was very late when I arrived on a weeknight.

The most annoying thing about the whole interaction is that she really could not have cared less about my inconvenience. She just didn't care - she wasn't angry at me, she was totally apathetic. I could have been lying there having a heart attack and I'm sure she would have moved just as slowly and been as utterly detached from everything.

I was going to look for another motel but since that would take 30 minutes to find and to get to and I had to get up in a few hours, I asked to see the stinky, disgusting smoke-filled room.

It stank. It was dirty. There were cigarette burns on the furniture. The bathroom fan didn't work and it was clogged with smoke stains and smoky dust.

I don't know how the non-smoking rooms are. I will never see those because I will never come back to this dump. I hope that once I prove to Super 8's corporate offices that I did indeed reserve a different room they will give me my money back. But what I really would have liked more than the $50 is a good night's rest in a clean smelling room. But this Super 8 and their indifferent front desk person couldn't manage that for me.

If you're a smoker this place will be heaven for you because you can't smell anything anyway. It stinks just like your home might.

If you're someone who would like a nice place to stay with responsive staff, don't stay here. Run away.

Room Tip: Get a bulldozer, tear the place down and rebuild?
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Very gross hotel! Pretty sure they have bed bugs also...never going back again!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area? Share your experiences!