“Very basic hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bridgeview

You added Motel 6 Bridgeview to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bridgeview
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9625 South 76th Ave, Bridgeview, IL 60455 (Formerly Days Inn Bridgeview)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bridgeview
Mississauga, Canada
“Very basic hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was here with my family on a road trip to Chicago. I booked 4 rooms in the hotel. Let’s get down to logistics of the hotel.

Location: One of the main attraction on why I choose this place. It is very convenient as the highway is a minute away and it’s not too far away from Chicago downtown and other touristy areas.

Surrounding: there are a lot of restaurants in the area if you are driving and if not Denny's and McDonalds are just walking distance. There is also a wall mart not too far drive like 3 mins. For my Halal folks the whole neighborhood close to the hotel is known as little Palestine so there are plenty of Halal restaurant. Make sure you check out Al Bawadi Grill amazing food and great restaurant!

Parking: there is plenty of parking for the resident of the hotel.

Wifi: was very good and did have any issues with it.

Reception: This is where the hotel lost 2 rating stars from me. The lady checking us in wasn’t friendly at all; ask her for anything answer was NO! As we checked in we were a big group as I booked 4 rooms and we had kids, you could see she was annoyed by us waiting in the lobby.
In one of the room the bed just sank in to the extreme so we asked, if we could change the room, her answer to us was there are no rooms available.

The remote wasn’t working in one of the room and so I went to ask her if she had new batteries and she just started interrogating me.

My sister needed a baby crib and again same lady so we asked here twice at different days, her answer non available and yet the same day the other reception was able to give us within few minutes of asking.

It said in the rooms “complementary tooth paste available ask reception” so we forgot toothpaste and were going to buy it the next morning as it was night time. I go to the same lady at the reception asked her about the toothpaste (it’s those plastic packs where there is toothpaste of one person) and she gave me one, so as my family was big I asked for a couple and she looked at me weird. She just checked us in, I don’t know why she was hesitant on giving few more of the toothpaste (one person pack).

This last thing just pissed me off, on the first day we extended one extra day for all four rooms. The same lady did the processing made us sign the paper, I specifically asked her do we pay now; she replied no when you check out. The extra day comes and guess what they don’t clean our room we were out all day and we asked why, the staff at that time said you were suppose to check out this morning but your luggage was there so left the room as it is. They could find it in the system for that we extended.

In the end all I would say exclude the problems with that one receptionist; it’s a very basic hotel. Just there to crash in at pretty much leave just like hostels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sheena F, General Manager at Motel 6 Bridgeview, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a thorough response of our hotel. I am troubled by the issues that you faced with our one front desk associate. If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate if you could e-mail me a description of this employee so I can investigate. Thank you again for your review of our hotel. My e-mail address is gm@midwaydaysinn.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Before I reached to Hotel in the afternoon, I called from airport to make sure my room was ready and to inform them that I am on my way since I've done my reservation online. I was told by guest service agent that my name was not on the list, not to worry about and they'll find find something for me! Next day morning I wanted to go to post office and asked to front desk, told them that i have no ride and will walk and it was raining outside. A dark haired lady told me that it was just by the stop sign on the left. I started walking in the rain and couldn't get to the stop sign and when i asked a store on the way i learned that the stop sign is about a mile away, i decided to return since i soaked wet and called a cab to get there. Almost everyday i requested shampoo but more conditioner and soap left with 1 shampoo and i had to go out and find housekeeper to get it. c/o morning i forgot my sony vaio laptop mouse by the night stand and i realized when i got back home and called them. I was told they have it without asking what to do to send me. Looked like they want me to return and take it. I told them that i am planing to come back in 3 weeks so i would get it when i get there. Next day my business plan changed and i learned that i will do the next trip around christmas and i need my mouse. I called them and i was told that nothing in lost and found except a cheap mouse. So if its cheap in lost and found, if its expensive it disappears? Guest items whatever left behind should be seriously taken care of and keptregardless its value. It is so unprofessional and unethical. Overall it was an employee disaster starting from front dest staff to housekeeping. It is a beautiful hotel, i enjoyed the comfort in the room except few little details but I remember again; 'Employee makes a stay memorable!'

Room Tip: I stayed in 106 and it was big enough, quiet, clean and very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the confusion with your reservation. As for the post office directions, I was the one that provided them. The stop sign is one block down from our hotel and the post office is only about 3 blocks away. It was not raining at the time I offered the directions, and I sincerely apologize that you got wet. I apologize for the confusion with your mouse, but we only have one in lost and found. Everything gets turned in by housekeeping. We do take care of our lost and found and often mail forgotten items back to their owners. I apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfying.
New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed in this hotel during the Chicago NASCAR race weekend and the room was so filthy I ended up getting sick. The AC was full of mold, the bathroom was rundown and in need of a deep cleaning. The floor left our feet black, so we ended up in socks or flipflops whenever we needed to walk around. There were constantly groups of people just hanging out in the lobby and the entire first floor stunk of stale cigarettes and body odor. The staff was nice enough, but it in no way made up for the poor condition of the building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sheena F, General Manager at Motel 6 Bridgeview, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I apologize that your stay was less than satisfying. We have been working closely with our housekeeping staff to address the issues that you faced. We have been working on cleaning carpets and have been working on our maintenance schedule with the PTAC filters. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Been to Motel 6 Bridgeview? Share your experiences!