“Oldie, but Goodie” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bradley
Okawville
“Oldie, but Goodie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is an older, conference-style motel which has been maintained well and affords many very nice amenities. It is located in an area with name-brand restaurants and businesses and is easily accessible. The rooms are comfortable and clean, with average-comfort beds. We stayed in a suite and it was very large, roomy and complete with two tvs, microwave and refrigerator. The only item in the room needing attention was the sink faucet, which leaked and was extremely difficult to operate. The desk clerk was informed and expressed appreciation for bringing it to their attention. The staff was also friendly and helpful. They get high marks for the fitness center, which has excellent equipment of all varieties, as well as a large pool area. Towels need to be checked out at the front desk and might be more convenient in the exercise room. The other high mark is for their made-to-order breakfasts. Having a restaurant attached to the motel, they provide a meal ticket to allow you to order omelets and waffles, as well as having a hot buffet, juice, coffee, etc. Very good and a nice change of pace to the busy, "elbowing-in" breakfast areas normally found in the motel. I give them an A grade for the overall stay.

Room Tip: First floor is most convenient for pool, fitness center, restaurant, etc.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for a Scuba diving weekend at Haigh Quarry and I chose this place because of the proximity. I should have drove the extra half mile, to stay at a hotel that didn't smell like urine, have stained walls, and elevators that didn't work. The only good thing was Oliver's Sports bar. Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bloomington, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was central location for a family get together. Room 503 cielings/walls are so stained & gross to look at. The only good thing for a change is the sheets and the tub was very clean. Other than that the rooms need major updating and the smell makes your stomach upset because it is all thru the whole hotel. We would have left to find another but we were in town for a party and by then it was too late anyway. The carpets and furniture in the need major cleaning or better yet replaced! And updating. It did not matter what door you came in it still smelled and entry ways are not pleasing to the eye. That was very disappointing!
I really do not know how the employees can stand it. I know I could not work there for this reason.

On the other hand, Oliver's Restnt., food was very tasty but again the carpet is gross & needs to replaced.

Room Tip: Read this review before you go. I sure hope the Quality Inn's do a major upgrade soon!! This h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Moline, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I made reservations at this hotel for a week, only to check out after the first night. The hotel is old and in need of may repairs. The lobby was fairly clean, however the sofas in the lobby have furniture covers on them. After looking at the hallways and the room I had, I kinda wonder what they were covering up with the furniture covers on the sofas in the lobby. My room had a clean appearance but a very damp smell in it. When I walked down the hallway the dampness in the air takes your breath away as I ended up coughing and hacking by the time I got to my room. The carpet was old but looked like it was cleaned. The hallway carpeting is old and stained bad, The shower head was quite encrusted in limescale build up. I would not recommend this hotel as there are much nicer places down the street for the same price.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Champaign,Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had a feeling about this place before we even checked in, and I was right on the money! Don't waste your time...book someplace else. Even though it was the only room in town we checked in and right back out and drove 90 miles home. First the room was down a "long" dirty and dark hallway, up around some corners, which had you feeling you were gonna be mugged at anytime!
The whole time we were walking down the hall to the room, we encountered buckets catching water from the leaking ceiling.The room was old & smelly, the carpet & furniture was dirty, it was just a gross dirty hotel! The TV remote did not work as well as the a/c. The people in the room next to us were going in, just as we were going out & they were just a disappointed as us in the room. They however were going to stay "one night" b/c it was already paid for by a family member, as a gift. Yes, the young man who checked us in was very nice, but I would also like a clean fresh relaxing hotel to go along with that. It was one of those places where you wouldn't dare take your shoes off. If the suites are this way, I can only think what the regualr rooms are like. Just pick another place and save yourself a headache.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I had to say something because of some of the reviews I've seen. We came in to town for funeral for my mother. We stayed for 6 days and was always greeted with a smile every morning at the front desk and the staff made my whole family feel like we were their family. Outside updated was needed. Rooms are a little dated but were very clean and the beds were nice. Food in restaurant was always good, again the staff was great. At check out the luggaage carts were being used and a sales manager dressed in her suit and high heels, helped us gather all our bags and take them to our van and graciously refused our tip. I can't imagine a more wonderful group of people.

Room Tip: Weekends are busy in the conference center so the restaurant is packed and there is a wait.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fernandina Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The staff was was very accomodating to me and my family!!!! The rooms were very clean!!! The breakfast was very nice. The hotel itself was in disrepair needs some work done on the outside of building and had a bad smell near the elevator. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!