“Ran by children” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Towyn
Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Towyn Road, Towyn, Abergele LL22 9HG, Wales   |
Hotel deals
“Ran by children”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend and
Rented a static which is lovely.The site itself is really nice but I haven't seen a member of staff over the age of 30. We went to the swimming pool and the staff were well I would say bullies to be honest. Park resorts really need to get a grip of there staff..I've heard so many bad comments about this site but didn't really listen to them... as I said lovely site, lovely static but immature and rude staff... get a grip park resorts

• Stayed September 2013
Park R, General Manager at Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent holiday here at Ty Mawr, I was extremely disappointed to hear that although you were happy with the park and the facilities, you were unhappy with the customer service you received from some of the team members on the park.
Here at Park Resorts we pride ourselves on the customer service that we deliver, so it is always disappointing to hear comments such as yours. I can assure you that I will now be speaking to all Managers on the park to ensure that they speak to their teams and additional training will be given to staff if deemed necessary.
I would like to apologise to you and your family for the inconvenience and distress these issues caused you all. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve the service we provide.
I do hope that you have not judged us too harshly in this instance and that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to one of our Parks in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Corby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a two week holiday at Ty Mawr in our touring caravans. Downfall was that my mum is disabled and needs to be near the toilets, we were told that would be fine but when we arrived they said just pick a spot {they were very busy at the time aswell}, we couldn't be sited next to each other which was also disappointing!
The really good point for us was the teamstar staff- Sonny,Buddy,Cookie,Fizz and Joshy bear who made are holiday great even though no other children turned up {rarely} they really kept the day entertainment going for my children! All of my children took really well to Sonny and as did my down syndrome nephew who struggles to interact with anyone and Sonny overcame this and made his holiday very special! They cried all the way home as they didn't want to leave their new friends! We all really enjoyed are stay at Ty Mawr and would love to say a big thank-you to all the teamstars who helped make precious memories for us!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi Denise, thank you for taking the time to post your recent review about your holiday at Ty Mawr.
I was sorry to hear that on arrival at the park, you were disappointed that you and your party could not find suitable pitches next to each other on our Touring Fields.

Here at Ty Mawr we do not allocate pitches for our touring guests, on arrival guests can choose a pitch that best suits their requirements and should a guest require assistance, we do have Touring Wardens who will help. I am sorry if this process was not explained to you when making your booking.

Unfortunately, we cannot reserve pitches, however should a guest contact their chosen Park before their arrival and advise us of their special requirements, staff on the park will endeavour to meet any requirements made, however this cannot always be guaranteed.

I was pleased to read that despite these issues, you and your family enjoyed your holiday, making a special mention to the Entertainment provided by our Team Stars. We are extremely lucky to have such a dedicated Team working for Park Resorts and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments, which I am sure they will be extremely grateful for.

Thank you once again for your kind comments. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back here again very soon to create some more amazing memories,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

stayed on the warren camp site in a tent...we were impressed with the shower/ toilet block..was very clean..the site itself was tidy better than the meadow site we stayed at two year ago..park itself was tidy...staff were friendly....but my advice is to take earplugs...as at night neighbouring tents etc people were partying till early hours ..so didnt get much sleep...this aint the fault of the park..but could do with signs asking guests..to be considerate to others keep noise down..at night after a certain time..

• Stayed September 2013
Park R, General Manager at Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hi Shirley, thank you for taking your time to post a review regarding your recent touring break with us. I was extremely disappointed to hear that despite being impressed with the facilities and touring fields, you experienced problems with neighbouring guests causing a disturbance until the early hours.
I have now passed your concerns onto our Touring Warden and Security Manager and additional patrols have been arranged on the park. I would like to apologise to you and your family for the inconvenience this caused and assure you that Ty Mawr is a family orientated Holiday Park and any guests not adhering to the Terms and Conditions of their booking will be spoken to and appropriate action taken.
Should you visit one of our Parks again in the future, please note in your welcome pack is a security number which guests can call should they require assistance or advice during their holiday.
Once again thank you for your review. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to one of our Parks in the future so your confidence in Park Resorts can be restored.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got back from a long weekend stay. We arrived an hour early and were told we could not check in until the stated time (16.00),unless we wanted to upgrade starting from £55.
I could see the point if there was a mass of people, but we were the only ones in reception !!
When we eventually got the van keys I could understand why they did not want to let us in.Everything from the floor to the work tops were swimming, it looked as though a monsoon had swept through the van.You could tell where they had just wiped around anything lying on the worktops or floors (as that was the only bits dry).On checking the kitchen utensils we were horrified to find the frying pan thick with grease and the plates and cutlery not much better.(we washed the dishes we needed).We were very disappointed of the cleanliness,condition (and staff attitude), of the van, as we have stayed in many of Park Resorts sites. Sorry to say I think it will be the last !!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review regarding your holiday here at Ty Mawr. I was disappointed to hear that you were unhappy on arrival with regards to the procedures we have for checking into your caravan. Please be advised that our check in times are in place to allow the cleaners and checkers time to clean and prepare all of our holiday homes to the highest standards.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you and your family for the problems you then encountered on arriving at your caravan with regards to the standard of cleanliness. I would like to assure you that your concerns have been taken seriously and together with the Holiday Sales Manager and Accommodation Manager , we are now reviewing the cleaning and checking procedures we have in place and additional training will be given to the team to ensure that this does not happen again.
Unfortunately without your reference number I cannot see if these concerns were brought to the attention of reception whilst you were on the park. We do encourage all guests to speak to a member of the Team should they have any issues, which allows us to investigate and resolve any matters as quickly as possible to ensure that guests can have the best holiday possible.
I would again like to apologise to all of you for the inconvenience caused, I do hope that you have not judged us too harshly in this instance and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to one of our Parks in the future so your confidence in Park Resorts can be restored.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am an owner on this park and spent the 6 weeks holidays in my caravan there is always lots to do for everybody and everyone is made welcome on this park the owners are very friendly and we are always willing to help everyone the GM Garry does an excellent job and is very helpfully and friendly the reception staff are very polite and are always willing to help the entertainment on this park is outstanding and tigger and her team always give 100% our last owners party was brill and would like to thank Garry GM tigger ents manageress and Josh team star for all there hard work time and effort they put in to make our night so fantastic I am looking forward to our next party .this is a happy friendly park and would recommend this holiday park to everyone we always enjoy ourselves and every time we are there we never want to go back home we always look forward to returning to our caravan x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Maggie for taking the time to post your review regarding Ty Mawr and the Holiday Home you have here. It was lovely to hear that you and your family are continuing to enjoy the Park and all the facilities it has to offer you all.
I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto all the team and I am sure they will be extremely grateful.
I am sure we will all see you on the Park very soon and as always, our doors are always open should you wish to call in for a chat.
Once again thank you for your review, it is always great to hear comments from our Owners.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

thank you to all the staff especially michael the sercurity guard on the warren sight for giving us a lift down to the train station because we had too much luggage. so friendly and gave us a warm welcome and a cheery goodbye. we would go and stay again for them reasons he deserves a little reward.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi, thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent holiday here. It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto Michael our Touring Warden who gave you and your family a lift to the train station.
Once again thank you for you kind words and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back here very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have never written a review before, but wanted to say what a brilliant time we had. We came to Ty Mawr for just over a week and it was fun packed. The Team Stars work very hard and kept my children entertained throughout the holiday (we even joined in a game of rounder's) No matter how busy the Team Stars were they always had time to talk to you. My girls love you all, Tigger, Cookie, Buddy, Fizz, Joshy Bear and Sunny. The touring pirate show was first class and can't wait to see what you do next year. There is a good size park on the site, swimming pool and lots of different activities you can join in with. I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful throughout the stay. Kimbobs, Squareabs (thanks Buddy for putting that on their certificates) can't wait to go back and mum and dad think the same.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi, thank you for your recent review regarding your holiday here. It was great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your fun packed stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the Entertainments Team and I am sure they will be extremely grateful. The Pirate Show was new to Park Resorts this year and has been piloted on a few of our Parks. The feedback we have had regarding the show has been amazing and our Company our now looking at ways to improve the entertainment project even further for next year.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again very soon.

Been to Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!