“Fantastic holiday park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Towyn
Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Towyn Road, Towyn, Abergele LL22 9HG, Wales   |
Hotel deals
“Fantastic holiday park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am an owner on this park and spent the 6 weeks holidays in my caravan there is always lots to do for everybody and everyone is made welcome on this park the owners are very friendly and we are always willing to help everyone the GM Garry does an excellent job and is very helpfully and friendly the reception staff are very polite and are always willing to help the entertainment on this park is outstanding and tigger and her team always give 100% our last owners party was brill and would like to thank Garry GM tigger ents manageress and Josh team star for all there hard work time and effort they put in to make our night so fantastic I am looking forward to our next party .this is a happy friendly park and would recommend this holiday park to everyone we always enjoy ourselves and every time we are there we never want to go back home we always look forward to returning to our caravan x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you Maggie for taking the time to post your review regarding Ty Mawr and the Holiday Home you have here. It was lovely to hear that you and your family are continuing to enjoy the Park and all the facilities it has to offer you all.
I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto all the team and I am sure they will be extremely grateful.
I am sure we will all see you on the Park very soon and as always, our doors are always open should you wish to call in for a chat.
Once again thank you for your review, it is always great to hear comments from our Owners.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

thank you to all the staff especially michael the sercurity guard on the warren sight for giving us a lift down to the train station because we had too much luggage. so friendly and gave us a warm welcome and a cheery goodbye. we would go and stay again for them reasons he deserves a little reward.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi, thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent holiday here. It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto Michael our Touring Warden who gave you and your family a lift to the train station.
Once again thank you for you kind words and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back here very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have never written a review before, but wanted to say what a brilliant time we had. We came to Ty Mawr for just over a week and it was fun packed. The Team Stars work very hard and kept my children entertained throughout the holiday (we even joined in a game of rounder's) No matter how busy the Team Stars were they always had time to talk to you. My girls love you all, Tigger, Cookie, Buddy, Fizz, Joshy Bear and Sunny. The touring pirate show was first class and can't wait to see what you do next year. There is a good size park on the site, swimming pool and lots of different activities you can join in with. I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful throughout the stay. Kimbobs, Squareabs (thanks Buddy for putting that on their certificates) can't wait to go back and mum and dad think the same.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi, thank you for your recent review regarding your holiday here. It was great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your fun packed stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the Entertainments Team and I am sure they will be extremely grateful. The Pirate Show was new to Park Resorts this year and has been piloted on a few of our Parks. The feedback we have had regarding the show has been amazing and our Company our now looking at ways to improve the entertainment project even further for next year.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again very soon.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Saturday to Saturday 7 night break with my husband, our 22 month old daughter, my parents and my brother. We stayed in a private hire van. After reading mixed reviews on the site on here before we came I felt I needed to put one on.

The childrens play area is really well equipped and has a good mixture of equipment on for older children and our little girl really enjoyed the slide and wobble bridge. The pool is a good size for the site and staff ensure everyone show passes and take shoes off to keep the area clean. The changing rooms and shower area was clean and although tired, the pool and surrounding area was fit for purpose, staff where very safety contentious of allowing children on the slide if they where under a certain age had to do a short swimming test and they manned the slide to ensure someone went on only as someone had landed.

The farmhouse pub was very tired and although we didn't eat in there we enjoyed a family quiz hosted by Joshie and Buddy on the Sunday which was good fun. We understand there is a major refurbishment and new pub/restaurant coming for the 2014 season.

Having a young child we only went in the club room a couple of times without her, found entertainment for adults/cabaret best not to go in before 9pm as mainly childrens before then. Looking at the programme it seemed there was early kids entertainment, then bingo, then kids again. This seems impractical if you want to enjoy kids entertainment and not keep them quiet during bingo. I did see a lot of children using amusements in the evening as they were in/out of main room.

Our van was private hire so won't explain the accommodation but could hear disco very clearly until gone middnight on our first night at the site.

I have to mention the quality of the staff, Fizzy for the under 5s session at 930 in the Cocos club was great and my little girl enjoyed a certificate for taking part. It seems this club is under used, there was still a lot of children as not all schools would have gone back for the 1st week of September, this may be where the new bar will be.

Keep away from the club over the road, men in our party went over there and enjoyed the cheaper drinks but the type of people using it and how they treated their children was not nice.

THe shop was well stocked but expensive, to be expected on a holiday park. Grounds where well maintained and tidy.

Our days out where to Rhyl, the front has been done up and the beach was brilliant, a pleasant suprise not like Blackpool how I imagined. Landudno was another great day out and we went to the farm near the sea front which is free entry. Go to these places rather than the 10 min walk to the stoney beach as we found this was via another caravan site and over steps to a railway bridge.

Staff where fantastic and very helpful when I lost my purse, thinking it was in the Cocos lounge and then finding out a team member found it in the Farmhouse pub from the quiz, wouldn't give me back until I described it. I think his name was Jez, Thank you and well done Park Resorts team

Unfortunately had to leave 2 days early due to a poorly little girl but we had a great time.

Overall, staff fantastic, park needs some updating but is clean, yes we would go again.

Room Tip: Request a van with decking or some seating outside, we usually have this and was disappointed to fin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi Emma, thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback regarding your holiday here at Ty Mawr. It was great to hear that you and your family enjoyed the facilities on the park, although some of our venues are in the need of a little TLC, as you have confirmed we have just received some very exciting news and throughout the winter, during our closedown , we will be having some major renovations work carried out.
With regards to the entertainment programme, here at Park Resorts we do try and cater for all of our guests and provide a wide range of entertainment throughout the daytime and evening. Whilst bingo is taking place, our Team stars do try and encourage children to participate in activities taking place in our other venue room, which then allows the adults to concentrate on playing the game.
I have passed your kind comments onto Fizz our Team Star, she would like me to pass on her thanks and was extremely pleased to hear that your daughter enjoyed the under 5 sessions.
It was also great to hear that Jez, a member of our Catering Team helped you find your missing purse. Here at Park Resorts we do pride ourselves on the Customer Service that we deliver so it is always great to hear comments such as yours.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back very soon.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived weekend 30/08/13 and stayed until 02/09/13, we stayed in a Silver Plus Van. First impressions was a nice clean spacious van, and the complex seemed to be to a decent standard.

The local area was booming on the Friday and Saturday but come Sunday it was dead. The local attractions are great for kids, especially the Prince Fair which my kids loved. The beach was non-existent. The entertainment staff were friendly, particularly Buddy and Sonny who my kids took an instant shine to. My kids attended the entertainment most days and I have no complaints.

The three main drawbacks were as follows: the price of drinks. A bottle of wine was £15.50 for the cheapest, and a bottle of Stella Cidre was £4.60. The second drawback was the neighbours on the site. There were approx 12 people in our neighbouring van, but I presume this was privately owned as they never went to any of the entertainment events, or generally never left the van apart from kicking the kids out approx. 10am, which is something Park Resorts will have little control over. The van made lots of noise into the early hours. The third drawback, which Park, in conjunction with the local Council, may have some control over was the seagulls. I live by the sea but even I thought there was an awful lot of gulls, perhaps too many and a local cull may be needed. The gulls make a lot of squawking noise and banging noises on the roof of the van, at 5am each morning, which when led in bed in your tin pot van sounds like the world is coming to an end.

All in all it was a good break and I would return. Just a shame about the price of the drinks and the noisy neighbours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent holiday here at Ty Mawr Holiday Park.
It was great to hear that you and your family were extremely happy with your silver caravan and the facilities on Park. It is always great to hear guests comments regarding the service we provide, it was lovely to read that your children enjoyed the entertainment provided by the Team with a special mention for Buddy and Sonny. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the Team and I am sure they will join me in saying thank you.
Ty Mawr is ideally located should families wish to venture off the park and explore the surrounding areas. Although I was disappointed to hear that you could not find a suitable local beach, we do have a number of beaches in the area - some are within walking distance and some are a short drive away. I am sorry if you were not aware of this and may I suggest if visiting the park again, you call into reception and speak to one of the Holiday Sales Advisors and they will be able to direct you to a beach that best suits your requirements.
With regards to the prices of our drinks, we do try to compete with our local competitors and this is monitored and reviewed by our National Retail Managers.
I would like to apologise that you experienced some problems with your neighbouring guests causing a disturbance until the early hours. Unfortunately without your reference number I cannot see if you reported your concerns to a member of staff. Provided for all guests in their welcome packs, is our security number which guests can call should they require assistance or advice during their holiday. I would like to assure you that we are a family orientated Holiday Park and any guests not adhering to the Terms and Conditions of their booking will be spoken to and appropriate action will be taken.
Unfortunately we cannot remove the seagulls on the park. We do liaise with the local council regarding such issues and adhere to the advice we are given. We have added additional bin bays on the park to try and ensure that all rubbish is stored away at all times away from local wildlife.
Finally, I was pleased to hear that you would look at returning to the park in the future, if you would like to discuss any of the issues raised call the Park on 01745 832079 where one of the Holiday Sales Advisor will endeavour to answer any queries you may have.
Thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back here again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I dont normally write reviews but had to say what an amazing time we had. Just got home from a week at Ty Mawr and we couldn't have wished for a better holiday. The staff here work tirelessly around the clock to make it a great experience for everybody. We have been to holiday parks before and I can say that without a doubt the children's entertainers here were the best we have ever seen. They went out of their way to accommodate the children, even coming out from backstage to say goodbye to my daughter on our last night. They obviously love what they do and were never without a smile even when they had worked til the early hours of the morning and were up again first thing. I really cannot praise them enough. Even the security staff on the doors at night were friendly and did a fantastic job at making you feel welcome, you never felt that this was just a job to them. The kids had the best holiday they have ever had and even us adults will miss them. Just fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent holiday with us. It was brilliant to read that you and your family had an amazing stay with us and enjoyed the entertainment provided by our Teamstars. We are extremely lucky to have such a dedicated Team here who are a credit to Park Resorts. I have passed on your kind comments to all the Teams and they are all very grateful, they would like me to say a big thank you to you for taking the time to post your review and we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back here in the very near future.
derbyshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

i went to ty mawr friday - monday with my husband and 2 daughters 2 and 10. il tell you the good points first, our caravan was large and spotless, good kids park and nice amusment area. bad points our neighbouring caravan was up partying and shouting till 4am in the morning so we didnt get any sleep, there were taxis coming and going all night outside our caravan! the duvets and pillows that were provided were absolutley disgusting, pillows had yellow stains on them and the double duvet had a huge bright orange wee stain on it and mould! we didnt notice this until late and reception was closed so me and my husband had to try and sleep on the sofa! but didnt hardley get any because of the ignorant neighbours! i complained in the morning and the women in reception was really nice and apoligetic and got someone to come round and make our beds with new linen and duvets. we went to the pool as soon as it opened in the morning and there was alot of feathers floating around the water and they didnt switch on the slide so we got out within 10 mins but to make matters worse on our way out of the pool a lady walked past us with a dog in her arms ( how hygienic). the teamstars are nice and try there best but the activities they have on for the younger kids is appaulling, tots time in the club is a small tent with 2 ripped crawling tubes and a box if jigsaws!!!!! the surrounding area outside the park is old and run down and has dog poo everywere! i go to british holiday parks a few times a year and i know what to expect from them, but ty mawr isnt up to scratch and i definatley wouldnt return. also most of the caravans are owned but alot of them look very run down and dirty, i think it lets the park down and i dont think its fare on the people who look after there van.

Room Tip: dont stay in 15i nice caravan, very noisy neighbours
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, although I was extremely disappointed to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay and that your holiday did not meet your expectations.
I was extremely concerned to hear that although happy with the standard of your allocated caravan, you experienced problems with neighbouring guests causing a disturbance. Unfortunately without your reference number I cannot see if you reported your concerns to a member of staff with regards to the disturbance. Provided for all our guests in their welcome packs, is our security number which guests can call should they require assistance or advice during your holiday. I would like to assure you that we are a family orientated Holiday Park and any guests not adhering to the Terms and Conditions of their booking will be spoken to and appropriate action will be taken.
I would like to apologise on behalf of the Accommodation Team for the standard of linen provided in your holiday home. Although once reported this was dealt for you, this is not acceptable and I will now personally be reviewing the procedures we have in place to ensure that this does not happen again. I will also be speaking to our linen provider and I would again like to apologise for the inconvenience this issue caused you all.
With regards to the Swimming Pool, I am a little confused as to why a guest would be taking their dog in there, I will bring this matter to the attention of the Sports and Leisure Team and maybe look at displaying signs to advise guests that pets are not allowed in any of the facilities on the park, unless they are guide dogs or pets that assist their owners in some way.
We do have cleaning procedures in place for the Swimming Pool so I was disappointed to hear that you witnessed feathers in the pool. Once again I will speak to the Sports and Leisure Team with regards to this matter and ensure that the cleaning rota is being adhered to and followed at all times. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, it is with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve the service and facilities we provide.
We do have a scheduled list of activities for guests to join in with during their stay which can be found on the entertainments programme provided in your welcome pack. I am sorry if you felt that there was not sufficient entertainment provided for the younger children in your party. May I suggest if you visit one of our parks in the future, it may be beneficial if you speak to one of the Team Stars and they can suggest other activities that they children can join in with, with adult supervision and assistance.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, although naturally we regret that it was necessary for you to do so. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns with a member of staff please contact one of the Holiday Sales Advisors on 01745 832079.

Been to Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!