“No hot water every morning! Minimal breakfast items. Property is outdated.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Bradley / Kankakee

Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Chandler
“No hot water every morning! Minimal breakfast items. Property is outdated.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It is unacceptable for a hotel not to have hot water for a shower every morning. The internet was slow, and there were no outlets for computers or phone chargers. This hotel is outdated and in need of repair. Not up to the Hampton Inn standards. I am a Hilton Honors traveler and will not stay here again. There is a Holiday Inn Express right next door. I feel smarter already!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bradley / Kankakee, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I am sorry you had to deal witht the issue of the lack of hot water here at the hotel . We have had the situation looked at and are working deligently to repair the problem. Our hotel is actually begining a remodel in the next 30 days and it my hope you will return to visit us. I want to thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Rooms are a little smaller than other Hampton's I've stay at. No real complaints, but nothing to really rave about. It is just across the parking from a fairly nice mall and plenty of local and chain restaurants near by-some within walking distance. Flat Screens with Direct TV, limited premium channels though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bradley / Kankakee, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good afternoon, I am sorry to hear that you felt the space in our rooms was a bit small. Although they are small we are confident that the hotels amenities, location and service are an asset. In the next few months we will also be remodeling our lobby to the New PerfectMis Lobby and breakfast area.I do hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I just finished staying at this hotel for two seperate weeks in December. The location was good. It is right off of the interstate. It also located next to a mall with several eating places in close proximity such as TGI Fridays, Lone Star, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Olive Garden, Buffalo Wildwings and few local places. On the other hand there is a lot of road construction on this exit that was bit of hastle, but you can not blame the hotel for this but it was an inconvience. However, there were a quite a few controllable issues. The facility is need of carpet replacement. It is worn and in need of replacement. I reported that my smoke alarm was hanging down from the wires and it was not addressed. The water did not get hot on 2 of the 6 niights that I stayed there. In 90% of the hampton inns they place the paper at your door. Not this one. They did not have the to go bags on 2 of the 6 days that I stayed there. When I asked for a bottle of water on those days they said I would have to get one out of the vending machine. Two more thing on the positive side, the ladys that were in charge of the breakfast area were very friendly and attentive. In addition, I left a tip for the cleaning lady and she wrote a very sweet thank you note back to me. That almost never happens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bradleyhampton, Manager at Hampton Inn Bradley / Kankakee, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I am sorry to hear you had problems with the water at our hotel. I have since had our maintenanence look into the water heaters and we have done a through check up on it. Also I just wanted to make you aware of a couple changes at Hampton Inn's which is a standard for all of us now. The breakfast bags are only out Monday- Friday. As for the USA todays Hampton no longer have us put them under or at the doors. They are giving the guests option of electronic or we now will have them a the Desk or in the breakfast Kiosk. I hope this response gives you a bit of clarity. I havebalso how ever spoke to the staff about bottle water.Although we do offer it in the machines, I told the staff to judge each situation as it comes..Sometimes a siomple act of kindness goes a very long way. Thank you for allowing me to respond and Thank you for your response to your stay. I do hope you will see us again soon. Linda
Wauconda, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I love Hampton Inns and they are my preferred hotel of choice. The minute I entered their lobby, I could tell it wasn't going to be up to the standards I've come to expect from Hampton Inn. It's dated and in need of an overhaul. Their staff is sub-standard, and the entire experience was just downright disappointing. The one good thing was the woman working breakfast each morning - the loveliest person, cheerful and accommodating to everyone.
Another disturbing item, I had originally asked for a roll-away, which was in my room when I arrived. I told the desk personnel I didn't need it and she indicated she'd have it removed. Imagine my surprise when it was her! She indicated she was the only person on staff and that it was typical (she looked 12, was probably 25 at most and weighed 100 pounds)... that's a safety issue for me!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My complaint was simple, I had asked for more towels and was ignored by staff. I know why - I tried to bring the attention to a manager (who never seemed to be there) and she was very rude to me. The staff must be learning by example. I saw her later being rude to another guest and yelling at them. I can have people be rude to me anytime, why pay for it? Had it not been for that I would have had a great experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Terre Haute
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

About 1 hour south of Chicago you find this hotel on I-57. It is a little outdated and the beds were not as comfy as other Hampton's we have stayed in. The hotel is located next to a large mall and many restaurants. There is major road construction located off the 315 exit, so beware of traffic congestion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bellaire, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and daughter and I stayed here last night. We had no problems with our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. Parking was easy. Breakfast was good. They had sufficient luggage carts. Free internet and refrigerators in the rooms.
I stay at Hampton's pretty regularly because I like the quality. This one was as good as the others.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Bradley / Kankakee? Share your experiences!