“Surprisely good chicken” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois
“Surprisely good chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have gone to WoodGrill 4 times, all was good especially the pizza and fried chicken. But the last time we ACTUALLY asked them to tell the Chef to fry the chicken 2 mins. less so it won't be TOO hard. Now we loved it hard, but it had been too too hard. We got smaller pieces of chicking than usual and there was NO None seasoning what so ever on the chicken AND it was harder than EVER. Maybe it was just an off day....but they are quiet expensive and we have not gone back .

Visited August 2012

61% Recommend
Ohio
“Great Lunch Buffet; Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

After looking at a few of the reviews of this place, I was surprised to see some think it over priced. I stopped in here expecting to just "order" something. I was surprised when I found a buffet. 2 buffets and 2 pepsi's were about $25.The buffet table was probably 30 feet long and started with some really good vegetable soup. Next was the salad stuff, which I did not partake of, but it had good selection and looked good. After the salad stuff came the broasted chicken and potato wedges, spaghetti with tomato sauce and alfredo sauce. Then came the pizza's all 10 of them. I was actually in Bourbonnais back in December and drove past this place about 10 times and never stopped in. After having lunch there today I really missed out. If you have a choice between here and the other buffet place down the street it's a no brainer-go here!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The place and staff are great. The food was not what you should get for the price. Better places in town to eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
illinois
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We had hopes that this restaurant would interesting but value-oriented, and I have to say we've been disappointed. Upon ordering one item directly off the menu, we were told that the no one on staff could make that and we had to order something else. The pita chips and salsa arrived with a giant platter of chips and a tiny cup of salsa. Upon requesting more salsa, we were told no, we couldn't have it. The pizza marghetta arrived with no basil, and the Italian beef did not have any Italian spices, but was merely roast beef. I can't say that the food was prepared badly, but it was certainly not as expected. We decided, after three visits, that this place is certainly not worth our effort or money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Great service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I have been here about three times in the last several months. Each visit was great. My husband is picky about his steak and he had steak 2 out of 3 times...cooked just the way he likes it...medium well, not overcooked and very tender. Our service is always spot on..waitress is friendly (we've had someone different each time) and very attentive, even though they are busy. We will definitely keep going back!

• Visited October 2012