“Super 8 feedback” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Of the hotels in the area, the Super 8 was closest to my dive location and had the best rate. I was somewhat hesitant to book there when I was given the option of smoking or non-smoking rooms. As a person who suffers from watery eyes and slightly labored breathing when in contact with cigarette smoke, I usually book smoke-free hotels. I figured I was only staying one night and could request a room as far from the smoking rooms as possible.

I checked in Saturday evening and asked for a room far from the smoking rooms. The employee said there were only 10 smoking rooms on one end of the hotel; my room was on the opposite end, second floor. I asked about a room on the first floor as I had a lot of scuba gear to bring in. She told me there was not one available and the motel had not elevator. She suggested I drive around to the side and enter there, as the stairs were at the end of the hallway. Just be warned non-smokers, the cigarette smoke hits you the moment you walk into any doorway.

I took a look at the room before unloading my car. The room appears to have been updated within the last year or so – European (curved) shower curtain rod, neutral décor, comfy beds and pillows. The heating/air is individually controlled, which is a plus. The water pressure was great, although there is a trick to flushing the toilet – depress the handle first, allow it to fill, and then it will flush completely. Initially, I could not smell smoke in the room. As the night went on, it made its way into the unit. The swimming pool was below me, so I was sure the smoke was not from below.

Complimentary breakfast was provided from 6-9 in the lobby. I didn’t eat anything although the selection was okay. There was not a lot of choice, but enough to tide you over, including juices and muffins. Checkout was quick and easy.

For 50% less than the price of other hotels, I probably would stay here again, but only for one night. For stays any longer than that, I would pay the increased rate for a different hotel. A rate of 2.5 would seem more appropriate, not poor, but not average either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Champaign, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I was on my way up to Wisconsin when my car broke down near Kankakee. It was Saturday night and even though they were busy, The staff moved some room assignments around so that I could have a ground floor room. I was very great full. The room was clean and smelled fresh. I slept great and the next morning had a full breakfast and was on my way. If it wasnt so close to Champaign, I would make this my every travel stopping lodge. I recommend this hotel to any traveler that is looking for a comfortable and fairly priced room.

Room Tip: No elevator so request ground floor to avoid using stairs
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bradley, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

i stayed at that hotel a few times and i had a greart time the pool was warm and it was a very clean inviorment and i had a clean room and the people that work were very nice and help me out if i needed any help with any thing and it was a great breakfest and i left there full.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
bourbonnais
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was a visitor at Super 8 Hotel for a week. The visit was a enjoyable stay and the Assistants at the front service was of quality. They were very helpful when I needed to locate a restaurnt to to have a good meal. They were helpful with all of my questions and the things I needed. The rooms are very clean and the environment, I enjoy every time I visit this hotel. I like staying at Super 8 more so than ever would I stay at the Motel 6 across the way from this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Motel Bourbonnais / Kankakee Area? Share your experiences!