“Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Illinois Highway 50, Bourbonnais, IL 60914 (Formerly Americas Best Inns & Suites Bourbonnais/Kankakee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I liked the workers there, they were all very nice and got me everything I needed, the room was clean and had coffee,microwave, and refrigarator that came in good use. My kids and I got to go swimming and cost was not bad very comfortable place, and love the beds very comfortable would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here one business travel upon check in the place looks fairly nice and the staff was friendly, the front desk associate has only been in the states for a month so she didn't know a lot so check in was a little slow. After infer my room key I go toy room which was a queen suite and the air didn't work, the room was pretty shady looking so I attempt to call the front desk, but there's no phone. Actually there's a lot that was missing. So I walk back down to the front desk, explain this to her and she gets me another room and she explains to me that this floor was just remodeled. I go to the second room and it was no better. It had a phone that was disgusting, no hangers to hang my clothes, the furniture was galling apart and the hutch had a huge chunk out of it.

I have a feeling that in the near future this location will lose choice hotels or be downgraded from Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn or Econo Lodge

• Stayed October 2012
Chisox1212, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I want to introduce myself, I am the new manager of the hotel as of November 2012. The remodel is complete and we would very much love for you to return and enjoy a night on us. The stay you had was during some unforseen circumstances with the remodeling of this beautiful new hotel. I promise you a much nicer stay the second time around.

Travelers are raving about these Bourbonnais hotels

Decatur, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Check in was great, the woman at the front desk was nice and accommodating. Got to my room and the first thing I noticed was how the beds were made. There is a sheet, a blanket then another sheet on top...no comforter or duvet. There was a live fly in my room and I don't think the sink in the bathroom was cleaned after the last few guests...also my telephone is very dirty. I am in a remodeled room but can't give it more stars due to cleaning issues. If it was clean and had better linens on the bed, it would be a five star rating...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Pros
1 Very helpful & Friendly Staff
2 Comfortable Beds
3 Surprisingly quiet

Cons
1 Garbage All Over Parking lot Including construction Materials Everything from nails & screws to Tiles and empty paint buckets)
2 Hotel under renovation by sub-par contractor
3 Advertised WiFi Not working on 3rd floor
4 Furniture (New & Old) All over hotel
5 Many safety issues throughout hotel
6 Direct TV but only 26 channels (Basic)
7 Filthy breakfast area
8 No working Ice Machines on 2nd & 3rd floor
9 Old bedding on brand new mattresses (ourd had burns)
10 Overpriced
11 Grafitti on tarp coving commodes and refridgerators in lobby makes pretty lobby look like a crack house

Room Tip: Don't stay at either far end if yoou require WiFi. Bring Slippers (floors have not been redone i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kankakee, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The hotel was under construction and there was debris all over that could have been cleaned. The jacuzzi wasnt working and couldnt be used. We asked for more towels several times were told that there wernt any more. The front desk clerk was rude to our concerns. The breakfast was absoultly the worst! The juice machine was out of order as well as the jacuzzi and the womens bathroom at the pool. What few items they had on the breakfast bar went fast and was not replenished. The price of the room was good but we will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Caribou, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Even with a major face-lift going on during my stay, I have no complaints. Front desk staff were friendly and fantastic in answering questions. My room was very comfortable, and the price was definitely a consideration which was the best I could find in researching. A few cosmetic issues, but as I said, these things are being worked on now and by the time I go back, and I WILL go back to this hotel, I am sure they will be taken care of. The only negatives--breakfast was slightly less than what I expected for a continental breakfast, but that's it. And other guests who felt it was ok to walk down the halls talking at the top of their voices and slammng doors, but hotel staff can't teach people manners. And if that's the worst you have to put up with, that's not too bad. :) Thanks to all for such a great stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Srinagar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Out of all the hotels in the area, we feel this one really offers the best value! The lobby is beautifully done and the entire hotel including our room was quite clean. The two queen beds comfortably slept 4 people. Our favorite part of our stay was getting to use the pool and hot tub. Only negatives: the bedspreads are old and worn out and need to be replaced. Our quilt was actually ripped on the underside. Also, the free breakfast is pretty lame- weird-tasting bread and bagels and cereal/milk. Along with juice and coffee.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!