“Mediocre at Best” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Joliet, Illinois
“Mediocre at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped in for the first (and probably the last) time last night, and was disappointed to find the place was poorly managed. The bar had 2 people sitting at it, and all the rest of the places were littered with past customer's drinks/napkins, etc. who had obviously left and the bartender didn't clean up after them. After wiping a spot for us to sit down at, it took the bartender 10 minutes to even notice us, she was no where in sight. Upon being seated, I noticed many (at least 7) tables where customers had eaten and left, had not been bussed, and all their dirty plates/glasses, etc. were left there for everyone to see. Additionally, the carpeting was messy, not swept and tidy. Booths were crammed in making you part of your neighboring booth's conversations whether you wanted to listen or not. The waitress, Lisa, was very personable and helpful, however, the food was mediocre at best. The best thing here is the aquarium!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Chicago, IL
“Great seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The kids love the giant fish tank! The food is excellent and the service is usually pretty good. The atmosphere is very nice, too!

Visited December 2011
Herndon, Virginia
“Dinner with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

It was on the early side, and we were seated right away. The decor of the different fish on the walls kept the conversation flowing through the meal. The starter bread was great - anything with sugar sprinkled on top will always get my vote. My 9 year old is obsessed with salmon and he gave theirs 2 thumbs up. He has nut allergies and they were very accommodating in altering his order to be safe for him. I got the (fried) fish tacos which were really tasty, and large - I couldn't finish the 2nd one. We shared a dessert of the kids' cookie ice cream sandwich - delish! the server was very nice and the manager came around making sure everything was up to our expectations. We were sad we didn't have time for another meal there. Next time!

Visited April 2012
chicago
“Nice Lunch..good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went here for Lunch Saturday. No wait walked right in we were given a great table next to the big fish tank, It was my Husband, Myself and our 6 year old girl.
We ordered the appitizer smapler which had clams, ribs, onion rings and spinich dip with artichoke with little pita triangles.
The clams were very good some of the best I have had in awhile and they came with a sauce that was orange and had a nice horseradish flavor to it. My Husband was impressed with ribs since this was a seafood joint. Onion rings were ok and the dip was nice not the best but no bad.
For our entrees my husband ordered the tourney burger which is a bacon burger, I did the cod and my daughter did the kids sliders. The food was good My cod was a little over breaded but that is a personal thing....it was very good light flaky white fish and nice portions. The only bad thing I can say about my entree is that I would loved a bigger portion of coleslaw it was very good!!!!
My daughter liked her sliders but liked my fish better....LOL he first time trying it she loved the coleslaw as well and stole her dad's.
My Husband started eating his burger and noticed no bacon .... not a huge deal. We told our server to just change it to a regular burger. HE TOOK IT OFF THE CHECK, can I say without sound weird too much customer service. We were floored. Not only a nice server who got the food out in good time and spaced nicely, filled the drinks and took care of us but went out of his way when we had a problem. I like this place I would not want to be there when it is crowded and please note it is FAMILY FRIENDLY ... in some ways overly as people do not think twice sending their little darlings to the fish tank on their own and I had one kids crawl up the tank in front of me and one fly past and run into our table. The restaurant cannot control this but just not this can be a hazard sitting by the tank. I will be back and hopefully soon just for a clam strip appetizer.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Great Food with a Nice Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have been traveling for the last 5 months and have visited this restaurant many times. The restaurant has a great selection of fish and seafood. It even has alligator. I had a bloody mary that was both a drink and an appetizer. The tall drink came with olives, shrimp, celery, and a dill pickle. Also, The restaurant has an amazing aquarium that expands the length of the bar with 50 different fish.

• Visited February 2012