“Good location, very accessible if traveling I 55.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Good location, very accessible if traveling I 55.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staying for an extended period for business travel. Kind hosts, clean, indoor pool and above average exercise facility. The young children were loud most of the night running on the floors over the weekend. I recommend this location to anyone passing through Bolingbrook. Might avoid it on the weekend if you want to rest well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am very happy to hear that you had a memorable stay. I shared your comments about the kids with our security staff. Security will be extra vigilant on the weekends we have a lot of kids and groups in house. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Passing through on a road trip, the Holiday Inn is situated just off the I-55 with numerous other hotels. Front desk staff were vere helpful and courteous, the room clean and comfortable and room service dinner very good. Great shower and in room beverages. Sadly a fridge and microwave were only available at $10/night EACH in a first come first served basis. Very bad idea in a hotel charging USD$170/night. Breakfast is also charged extra.

Room Tip: Pretty much all the same.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am very glad to hear that you felt the customer service at this location exceeded your expectations. You will be happy to now that all our guest rooms will be equipped with a fridge and microwave in the very near future. The next time you stay with us, may I suggest that you take advantage of our breakfast rate. Incluuded in your room rate is a $20 voucher to be used in the restaraunt for breakfast. You can use that credit to order off the menu or straight from our buffett. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and I hope to see you again soon.
Goderich, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Illinois and what a weekend!! We came in from Ontario, Canada for a wedding and had a wonderful time. The staff at the Holiday Inn are the greatest. It was a pleasure to come down to breakfast and chat with Hernado Bibbs what a fantastic gentleman!!! The man is a dynamo and always a smile. Don't get me wrong the entire staff was terrific, always there to help with anything we needed. Everything associated with the hotel was excellent, our room was comfortable and sparkling, we felt as if we were at home. The only problem, we wished we could have stayed longer. I wouldn't hesitate recommend the Holiday Inn to anyone. The rooms are great, but the STAFF make the hotel exceptional!!! Thanks to all the staff for a great experience, we are already planning our next visit. Kudos to Kholby and Charles too. Thanks to all for a memorable trip.

Room Tip: State your preferences to the hotel they will usually do their best to ensure your comfort.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us! We wish you could have stayed even loger as well. Your kind words will be shared with the entire staff. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here in July. Room was a little tight, even though it was supposed to be a suite. As always, the beds and linens at this chain of hotels is top drawer. You always are comfortable at these hotels from the top of the line to the more economical hotels. Convenient access from highway and close to our shopping destination.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to see that you had the oportunity to experience our hospitality first hand. Your patronage mean the world to us. Your feedback is much welcomed and gives us a chance to see the areas we need to improve in.
LaCrossse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

When travellnig to the Chicago area I never hesitate when I book my hotel. The Holiday Inn in Bolingbrook is the choice I make everytime. Why? Exemplary customer service, Home like comfort, ideal location just to name a few. It all starts when you walk in the front door. The front desk team really sets the mood of your stay. As soon as you walk in they cheerily greet you and welcome you to the hotel. If your a known face they always welcome you by name. The check in experience is super efficient and you are off to your room with a feeling of appreciation for the kindness, level recognition, and assurance that you will be well taken care of for the duration of your stay. Next the rooms are comfortable and well maintained. Whether you want to snuggle in and watch television on the TV, go for a swim, work out, or maybe get a night cap all is available and the service excellance continues. The lounge staff are friendly and quick and the conversation is always entertaining. If your thinking you might like to go into the city the short drive to the park and ride L station is super convient and I have never had to wait more than 10 -15 minutes for taxi service to arrive and whisk me away to a more local setting. There are numerous top notch resturaunts that are minutes away and if you don't want to drive there is no fear to order in as the food in house is also excellant. If your looking for a great hotel experience then there is no need to look further than here! I look forward to the next opportunity to visit the area and I know where I am staying and so should you!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad one!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review of our property. I have posted your review for our entire staff to see. Your review has created such a buzz around the hotel. The staff really appreciates the kind works.
Romeoville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I should start by saying that this particular hotel acknowledged our Platinum membership right when we first inquired about staying there. We got our room upgraded to a Suite! (See the Suite description below.) Also, there were some cold bottles of water waiting for us in the room. They were very appreciated after bringing in our luggage. We also took advantage of late checkout the next day.

We were looking for a new, unique place to host our 9 year old son's birthday party. We had done the Jumpy Bounce places, Bowling Alleys, Mini-golf, Laser Tag, and Pizza/Arcade places. We thought, why not have a pool party?

The kids had a blast. The indoor pool at this hotel was perfect for us. The deepest part is only 5 feet, so my son and his friends could use a majority of the pool without it being too deep. We brought in beach balls and noodles, and the kids had a wonderful time. Mind you, we did not have exclusive use of the pool - it remained open to all guests. But, there were some other guest's children that joined in the fun - the more the merrier.

After swimming, we went to the adjoining patio for pizza and birthday cake. It was literally right outside the pool area, and had more than enough tables and chairs for 15 kids and parental chaperones.

The second best part (after seeing the smiles on the kids’ faces) was the comments and inquiries from the parents. We got everything from "What a great idea!", "This is something different", and "Wow - I never would have thought of this" to "What did you have to do to book this?" and "How much did it cost?" When I explained to them that there was no extra charge for the party and that the use of the pool came with the room, I could see them doing the math. Any of the aforementioned party places would have been twice as expensive as the price of a standard room at this hotel, pool included. I would not be surprised if we were invited back to this hotel as guests of one of my son's friends.

The room (ahem, I mean upgraded suite for Platinum members) was great. It had a king bed in the master bedroom, a private bathroom with separate shower and Jacuzzi tub, a second full bath off the main room, fold out couch in the main room, two flat screen TVs, a large round table with six chairs, refrigerator, microwave, and sink in the kitchenette. Two windows and two separate climate controls worked well and kept everyone comfortable.

In the morning, we planned to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant; they have a $10 buffet breakfast. It had donuts, bagels, toast, pastries, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, oatmeal, orange juice, apple juice, milk, water, and coffee. Since kids eat free, breakfast would have been $20 for me, my wife, and three kids - very reasonable for the type and amount of food! However, the manager gave us vouchers for breakfast with his wishes for a "Happy Birthday" so we saved the $20 for breakfast.

Lastly, I need to give Kudos to the Front Desk staff. Kohlby picked up the phone the first time I called. She was very gracious from start to finish, and let us check out the pool to see if it would meet our needs before booking the room. She was also the one that upgraded us to the suite when we booked back in June. She even made sure we had the one on the first floor, making it very convenient to go back and forth to the pool from our room. Michael was working the front desk during our party, and was helpful in guiding guests to my wife so she could let them into the pool, and alerted us when the pizza delivery guy brought the food. Finally, Larry gave us the two vouchers for breakfast, with big Happy Birthday wishes.

For those wanting to plan a party, here are some tips. First, book early. We booked this party in June for an August party. That extra time meant that the suite was available. Next, plan for a 4-6pm party. Check-in was at 3, and that was enough time to get unpacked in the room and to get the party items to the pool. There were 2 family reunions and 3 weddings receptions at the hotel the weekend we were there. There were only 5 non-party guests in the pool from 4-6 on Saturday. The wedding parties were did not arrive until after 5pm, and they were in the ballrooms. The family reunions were busy doing activities away from the hotel, so we had no issues in the pool. It was the perfect time. Finally, be courteous and polite. We made sure to follow the hotel policy of no food in the pool area (patio only), we bagged our trash when we were done, and we allowed those in the pool to join in the fun. You'd be surprised how much better things are when you employ a simple smile, and say please and thank you.

Wow - that was a long review! Suffice it to say that our overall experience - from the initial contact, to the pool facilities, service we received, room condition and amenities, staff attitude and willingness to make the stay a memorable one - were all top notch. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and our stay. The kids are already asking if we can book it again for next year's party. We will be returning!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite had a king bed in the master bedroom, a private bathroom with separate shower...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. This by far was the most flattering review I have ever received from a hotel guest. First, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and Suites Bolingbrook. Your patronage means the world to us. We strive to create a memorable experience for each of our guests. I was was smiling form ear to ear when I read your review. I can't wait to share it with Kohlby, Mike and the rest of the staff. I am glad that you and your son had a good time in the pool and outdoor patio area.I remember reviewing your reservation prior to your arrival and seeing that you were celebrating a birthday. The first thing that came to mind was an upgrade to our largest suite! I thought the extra room, the two bathrooms, and the jacuzzi tub would come in handy. Please come back and see us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

One of the warmest welcomes and stays that I have had. The staff list would be truly enormous if I was to name all those who made me welcome. I have to agree with previous reviewers that it wasn't only the front of house staff, it was all the staff that made this a very memorable stay.
I am destined to be back in Bolingbrook in the near future. I shall be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Harnish P,

Thank you for your kind review of the Holiday Inn and Suites Bolingbrook! Your experience is a true reflection of the hard work and dedication the entire staff puts forward. You are absolutely right when you said it's not just the front of the house that creates a memorable experience for the guest. The entire hotel staff is committed to creating a memorable experience for each and every one of our guests. It was an honor to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again very soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!