“Good business stop over” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ringwood, NJ
“Good business stop over”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed 1 night for business. Hotel is clean and has pretty much all you need including restaraunt and bar. Staff was very friendly and accomdating. Only thing I would complain about was that the rooms are a bit noisy. I usually drown out noise by leaving the fan on the ac/heat running. Couldnt do this here as the thermostat controlled fan. So between the ac clicking on and off all night along with the fridge compressor doing same, it was a so so night sleep. Im a lighter sleeper so might not be issue for all. Bar tender was friendly and amusing, good guy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is vital to the success of our hotel. The hotel has inspected all the new thermostats and ammenities in each of our rooms. If a certain item was not up to working the way it was supposed to, it was replaced. Without your feedback, it is possible this particular avenue would not have been explored. I have also shared your comments with the staff of the hotel. Everyone at this property prides themselves by providing exceptional service. Thanks again for your response.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Front desk was very welcoming. Weird vibe in this hotel. Seems to have been newly renovated... so facilities are generally good. The decor is a bit dark... that could be it.

This is not a place to holiday... but if you need to be in Boilingbrook... it's a good place to rest your head.

I can say that I have been to Holiday Inns which I have enjoyed more... but I don't have any specific complaints about this place.

I will most likely try one of the neighboring hotels in the future... it's possible this is the best you can get for the area... but I can't say yet. :-)

Room Tip: The higher the better...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the Bolingbrook area. The Front Desk will be very pleased when I share your kind comments. Bolingbrook can sometimes overwhelm a traveler if they are not familiar with the area. We are located 20 minutes south of downtown Chicago, and are located minutes away from 2 casinos, movie theaters, the Route 66 Speedway in Joliet and many other fun filled activities. You can stop by the Front Desk and they will provide you will all the area attractions. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our family reunion was in Bolingbrook this year, and a family member chose this hotel for our stay, I must say, I was very happy with this hotel! The location is great because your near alot of restaurants, shopping, gas staions and more. I stayed in a junior suite and it was perfect for Three people. It had two full size beds & TV and a pull out sofa bed with a sitting area with a seperate TV. We also had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker. The walls didn't seem thin like some hotels, so I did not here noise coming from the other rooms. Pool stay open late, so we really enjoyed that and it also had a patio section for the grown ups to enjoy at night. The next time I'm in Bolingbrook, I will be back to stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. The location of the hotel is second to none. We are located just off Interstate 55 and Route 53. For those travelers who choose to venture outside the hotel for a meal, there are more than 125 restaraunts in the area. There is everything from fast food to fine dining. I am glad to here that you enjoyed your reunion. The Holiday Inn is the perfect place to host a reunion or other social gathering. The hotel offers banquet space, catering, a full service restaurant and bar, room service and an indoor pool. Our outdoor patio is the perfect place for an evening get together. The hotel staff truely enjoyed working with your family this past weekend. We hope to see you back real soon!
thompson, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The entire staff is extremely helpful and eager to please. The experience was very positive, and made my business trip a lot more enjoyable. The facilities are first rate, and the breakfast is beyond compare among hotels I have stayed at. The pool/hot tub are open late, giving you plenty of time to relax after returning from dinner. The complimentary fresh baked cookies were a plus too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for the kind words! Customer service is exteremely important to the staff here at the Holiday Inn. We strive to make every stay a memorable one! Your observation of the weekend was correct. We book a lot of weddings and social funtions on the weekends. The Front Desk and Sales staff make every attempt to keep all the groups together on the same floor or area of the hotel whenever possible. We also provide hotel security so that our hotel guests get that extra sense of security and peace of mind while traveling away from home. I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Bolingbrook is not exactly a holiday spot of choice, more the step in or out of Chicago. Spent two nights here before joining colleagues at another hotel within walking distance - there are several in a row. Had a room facing the street, so away from the Interstate, so no problem with noise. Rooms are quite basic, but comfortable. Downside was seemed to be a lot of party overflow passing through, with many residents carrying cases of beer up the elevators, so a bit of noise. I did stay a Saturday and Sunday night though, and I imagine the week is different, and that nearby hotels are much the same. No real Priority Club benefits, even for platinum level.
All in all, if you need to stay in Bollingbrook and Romeoville area, this is a good choice, with competitive rates and reasonable facilities.

Room Tip: Avoid highway side
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear steveck,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to write your comments. I am pleased you found the room to be comfortable. We strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise from other guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

With confirmation number in hand I arrived at the Bolingbrook Holiday Inn just before 10:30 pm on May 16th only to be told by the clerk that my reservation was cancelled and that the Inn was full for the night. Perplexed I showed the clerk my confirmation number and she promptly looked through what seem to be a bunch of discarded reservations. She explains that the manager tried to run my credit through, for some astonishing reason and that it was denied so they promptly cancelled my reservation. Oddly enough I just used the same credit card to pay for my $120 cab ride from O'Hare. She agreed this was all really strange but the strangest thing is that the hotel manager who was not available to hear my complaint tried to use my credit card without my permission. Now a frequently traveller was without a room and without a vehicle and without so much as a 'can I help you find a hotel room now that Holiday Inn screwed up' the clerk let me walk out of that Holiday Inn a very disghotels, former guest of Holiday Inn hotels. Did I mention I found refuge at a competitors, Hilton Hampton Inn, and they gave me a discount for the trouble their competitor gave me right next door?

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear madrad23,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on our property. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the trouble you had with your reservations and the poor service you received from our staff. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about this issue. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The fronts desk is one of the best I have seen as they eagerly aim to please. Be sure to have dinner and a drink at the bar with Peter. Great rooms and fantastic location. Perfect for driving through the area on a road trip or a alternative from staying downtown. I look forward to coming back every time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I'm glad you have discovered this "Hidden Gem" of a hotel! The Holiday Inn is nestled between Interstate 55 and Route 53. We are 20 minutes away from the Windy City, and 20 minutes from the Speedway in Joliet. Bolingbrook is the place to be. It happens at the Holiday Inn!

Been to Holiday Inn Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!