“Good food and a fun place.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mago Grill & Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 125 Restaurants in Bolingbrook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I355 & Boughton Road
Description: New location.
fmagriz
“Good food and a fun place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been here twice and both times a I liked my food very much. I can't remember what my husband ordered but he wasn't crazy about it. However, my ceviche was very delicious. I also had some kind of chicken and bean wrap (sorry can't remember the name of it) but it was delicious as well. I took a friend here the second time, and she loved it so much she said she was going back with her husband. I suppose it's a hit and miss. The ambiance is very energetic, fun and happy. The waitstaff is also friendly. I will definitely keep going back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Galesburg, Illinois
“the food was not as good as the setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beautiful restaurant and great service. Food was hit and miss. We got a trio of tacos (shrimp, al pastor, and huachinago) and black bean tamales. The shrimp taco was very good. Hachinago was a little one note (hot spicy, but few other flavors to balance). Al pastor was okay, but nothing special in terms of flavor. Some salsas are excellent (like the warm cilantro one that came out with tacos), but others lacked layers of flavor. We didn't love the tamales. The mole on top was very good, but the tamales themselves had a sweet flavor that didn't quite work with the sauce. Overall we expected more from a menu that looks this inventive/fancy.

Visited December 2012
U.S.A.
“Best Food...High Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just dined at this restaurant over the weekend and the food was very good and the atmosphere seemed very nice. I did not notice any issues with conversations being challenged by noise (we were there on a Sunday at 5:00 pm. The tableside quacamole was very nice but served warm which was a disappointment that the avocado(s) are not chilled in some way. The food was very flavorful but took a while to be served even on a less busy Sunday early evening. The bad news came when the bill arrived. The prices are what I would call very high for this type of food and the portions are not very big for what you pay. The soft drinks are $3.00 per soft drink for lemonade. This is an area that needs to be addressed by the restaurant. I would only be back with my wife as with a family of 4 the bill exceeds $100.00 for just taco dinners for three of us and two appetizers for my wife instead of a dinner. We only ordered one cocktail. Again....prices were way out of norm for this type of restaurant. Food was very tasty though.

• Visited November 2012
Wheaton, Illinois
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was very good, and the menu selections were plentiful. Service was lacking at time, maybe because of the big party being held in the main dining area. The table side guacamole was tasty, however I was a bit surprised to see the preparer had a tip jar on her cart. I have had table side guacamole at several different restaurants and have never seen that. Even though we mentioned that we had a groupon when we were seated, the hostess offered us the drink special but when the bill was presented we did not get the drink special because of the groupon, that would have been nice to know when ordering.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plainfield, Illinois
“Celebrating my wife's Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I think where to go to get a special dinner in my wife's birthday after a search in internet found this restaurant,
we have a wonderful experience starting with the people greater, the waitress, and the foooddddd mmmm, we ordered tampinquena and for dessert Capirotada and tres leches cake

I really liked all in this place.

we're waiting for the next time to go again to enjoys this wonderful place

• Visited October 2012