“DONT BOOK WEDDING BLOCK HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Wilmington, Illinois
“DONT BOOK WEDDING BLOCK HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

DON'T BOOK WEDDING BLOCK HERE!
If having your block of rooms expire without warning 4weeks prior to the wedding is your thing, then the Aloft Hotel is your place. They offer a lovely amount of stress on soon to be brides and grooms, by forcing them to scramble and find new accommodations for all their guests just weeks before the big day. Sarcasm aside, the Aloft hotel provided us with absolutely no warning or foresight that we were approaching the cutoff day to have a certain amount of rooms booked to hold our block. Had they just given us a single warning, we would have happily called our procrastinating guests, or we would have temporarily reserved the rooms on our own credit card. Instead, we found out from guests trying to book rooms that none were available and our block had expired a week ago. To my amazement, when I immediately called and spoke to Meghan in their sales department, she offered no solutions or explanation other than “that is the rule that is covered in the contract you signed 9 months ago”. Shame on me for assuming that a hotel might have a policy, or just the common courtesy and smarts, to notify a party of 10-20 rooms that they risk losing all their rooms and shuttle to and from the reception if they don't have a certain number of reservations in the next few days.

• Stayed May 2011
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your resent experience with our hotel. I am very sorry that you are not pleased with the services we offer or the way the staff handled your situation. While it seems we cannot make up for the situation, I would like to offer some explanation.

You state that you did not receive a warning that your room block cut off date was approaching. You are absolutely right, and that is something we will look at in the future. Our hotel works with many wedding blocks, setting up personal websites and offering complimentary shuttle service if agreed room nights are booked. While we have not had issues in the past, we will review our practices to decide if reminder emails/calls would be appropriate.

I am sorry to hear you felt as though when you called the hotel to resolve the issue, we were unresponsive. We make every attempt to handle situations as best we can. I know that while we were not able to offer the wedding block rate, we did have a few rooms that we attempted to make available to you so your family and friends could all stay at the same hotel. I respect your decision to decline that offer and I hope there was no misunderstanding about the rooms that were already reserved. While the total rooms booked did not qualify for the complimentary shuttle service, the rate was guaranteed.

You also state that you lost all of your rooms because you did not book the required amount. The minimum was to guarantee complimentary shuttle service only. My understanding is that after being told we would not be able to extend the contracted cut off date, you and your fiancé decided to cancel the rooms completely. While I respect your decision, my hope is that you know our hotel was happy to host the guests that had made their reservation in your block at the agreed rate.

Again, our hotel and staff do our very best to work with couples for their wedding day. We fully understand the stresses of planning and I am sorry if we added to that stress. Because of reviews like yours, we will review our systems and processes to ensure we deliver the highest level of service.

Finally, I do wish you and your fiancé a happy wedding day and wish you the best.

General Manager, aloft Bolingbrook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Griffith, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

From the minute we walked through the doors until we left we had such a wonderful experience at the Aloft. We were greeted by a friendly front desk person who handled our reservation efficiently. The room was very clean and we had a good night sleep on the comfortable beds and soft pillows. I loved how the shampoo and soap were in dispensers in the shower. So easy to use. I would highly recommend staying at the Aloft in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Its reviews like yours that keep us motivated to deliver great service and a great product. We are thrilled you enjoyed the Bliss Spa products in the bathroom (an aloft hotel exclusive) and look forward to your next stay in the area. Thank you again for your positive comments and come see us again soon!

Romeoville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Aside from the hotel being perfect and "fun", it was a delight to work with Lucy and her team. They helped me setup our meeting, sleeping rooms, and even dinner in the area! And too top it off, they even provided us free transportation to and from dinner. It made my job of planning our event so easy. I cannot wait to work with Lucy and her team again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your experience on TripAdvisor! I will make sure to pass on your positive words to Lucy and the entire staff. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy their time here, whether in meetings or relaxing! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The Aloft has it all. Every feature of the big chic hotels you would find in downtown Chicago combined with the comfort and ease of a suburban location. Starwood hit the market needs head on with this product! Location by the Promenade Bolingbrook gives you easy access to shopping and dining and the bar in hotel lobby provides the perfect retreat. Will stay every time I'm in the area!

• Stayed March 2011
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to hear you enjoy our location and amenities. Next time you are in town, we look forward to welcoming you back! Also, make sure to check out the new seasonal cocktails at w xyz! Thanks again for your positive feedback and come see us again soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed at the Aloft in Bolingbrook for work. The room was very modern and clean. It was a great place to relax and hang out after a long day at work...especially at the bar. And the scented candle in the lobby was phenomenal. I was so excited when they told me that they sold it right there! I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in town on business!

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear you were able to wind down in w xyz bar/lounge after a hard day’s work! The scent that is in re:mix and w xyz is called Vibrance and it is really an inviting scent! Hopefully you picked up a few to take home with you! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Aloft is a refreshing and modern hotel experience with a little something for everyone. I've stayed at the Bolingbrook Aloft multiple times and reccommend this location to anyone traveling through the area. The staff are very friendly and the beds are super comfortable. I've seen the hotel accomodate everything from business meetings to weddings to families on vacation. I'm very sold on the brand and stay at Aloft when I can even if out of state.

Room Tip: Check out the special room packages.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel! Also, thank you for recommending our hotel to anyone staying in the area! It is positive word of mouth experiences that keep guests coming through our doors and it is greatly appreciated! We strive to give every guest a unique stay whether they are here for a wedding, a business trip or just a weekend away. Thank you for your support and we look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

ALL of the staff became family to us. I stayed there for 2 weeks for business and I couldnt have asked for more because they had already thought of it. You will definatly enjoy your stay here at the Aloft in Bolingbrook.
Amazing atmosphere and you will definatly feel right at home and relaxed when you get back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very proud of my staff and am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay! 2 weeks can be a long time away from home, and I’m glad you were able to relax and feel right at home here! We look forward to your return to Bolingbrook!!

General Manager, aloft Bolingbrook

Been to aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!