“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Super breakfast and laundry facilities. I stay there 3-5 days a week and have been doing this for almost 1 year. I have never had a bad experience during my stays. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Frankfort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I frequently stay at this LaQuinta location for business in Bloomington. The staff is very friendly and provides excellent service. The rooms are clean and comfortable. A pool and an elevator would be welcome improvements to this property. The showers in the tiny bathrooms have a powerful spray, good for quick cleaning. Breakfast is good, if somewhat limited. Eggs and sausage/bacon would be great! WiFi service is rather unimpressive, especially in the early evening. Wireless networks go up and down like a yoyo. If you really need to be online, try after midnight. Location near I-55 is good for getting around town, and nearby food at McDonalds and Cracker Barrel is a plus. Many other eateries within a mile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The LaQuinta was easily accessible to the main road. We arrived around midnight and were looking forward to getting some rest. After searching for a parking spot we checked in and made our way to the room. As we were turning down our covers we were disgusted to see that there was used Kleenex in the bed along with sunflower seeds. My husband headed to the front desk to get a new room. After not even receiving a "sorry" from the desk clerk, my husband returned with a stack of sheets for us to change the bed linens ourselves. After requesting for pillowcases as well we received two for the five that were on the bed. We were freezing all night because all we had was the sheet as a new comforter was not supplied. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked properly. We noticed what looked like mold on the ceiling right below the toilet above our room. To the hotel's credit they did credit the cost of the hotel room after we requested a discount for the terrible stay. We will not return to this hotel even if the room is free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There were no issues with our stay at this LaQuinta. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard but very tasty. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. I would stay here again and recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Until this experience I had held La Quinta on a higher standard than other chains. If the broken down cars in the parking lot wasn’t enough of a sign to get out I don’t know what is. If it was just my family traveling we would have, but it was a large group together.

At first we were given a room on the 2nd floor for a week with no elevator, no microwave and no frig. Then the bathroom total is only about 4x3 and there is no room to move. The beds were horrible and very out of date. There were no extra outlets for chargers and things of that sort that are needed for travel these days. The neighborhood is horrific, as you should not walk anywhere alone. Take a look out the window at your view, oh wait; it’s just scum on the window. Nasty! Breakfast – well if you like cereal and a waffle. I did get a muffin one morning.

The staff was friendly, but did not speak very good English and I have never had a chain ask me if I would need housekeeping everyday! Weird!!!
Seem like this use to be some sort of military housing the way that the hotel is set up in a U shape.
I really think we should have been charged a lower rate like advertised as 56.00 or even lower.

Not worth what we were charged for a weeks stay. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Bloomington - Normal? Share your experiences!