“Great stay while passing through” 1 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Bloomington - Normal to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Bloomington - Normal
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Brock Dr, Bloomington, IL 61701   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The La Quinta Inn Bloomington-Normal was easy to locate -- close to the interstate, but far enough away to prevent traffic noise. The beds were comfortable, breakfast was tasty, and our room had a great shower (not one of those drizzly ones that require an hour to rinse). An excellent deal! We will definitely stay there again.

West Central Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

At first sight, this place looks okay. When you enter, there is still hope but that is where it ends.
The room was okay but badly outdated, which usually isn't a problem for me but this place is old and rundown.

My first problem was with the bathroom. The door is at an angel that makes a diagonal between the end of the tub and the toilet that face each other. (I.e. the entire bathroom is not as long as the tub, on the part where the tub is is that long.) The door opens 14 inches, if you take into account the doorknob, it opens about 10 inches. 10 inches!!! Unless you are a rail, you will get hung up on either the doorknob or the hardware where the door closes. I ripped a good shirt this way. The toilet and shower work but the grout is really nasty. I imagine it is difficult to clean such a space.

The rest of the room was old. The sheets were very low quality and there was still detergent in my sheets. I hope it was detergent! I wore my cloths to bed and showered in the morning. There was also a bit of glitter in my bed. This can happen even if washed and I am going to assume the sheets were washed, although I was a little scared. There were no bugs or evidence of any, so I stayed. The bed is old and worn out. It was NOT a pillowtop like advertised. It was okay but not very comfortable.

The area looks terrifying. I noted that a female traveler said there was no place for a woman to walk a dog. I can certainly understand not feeling safe in this area. However, I stay in the area every week and have never had a problem. It just looks scary. The Cracker Barrel next door would be a great place to walk a dog. Regardless, this hotel is strangely built and has several sections, maybe one is better than another.

I was on the first floor just down from the front desk and there was no smoke smell, which I appreciate.

There is a good selection of TV channels.

The breakfast features cold items and a waffle maker. It is okay. The other travelers seemed friendly, as did the morning staff who all spoke to me.

This place just needs updated in every way. They need to invest in some new, higher quality bedding and beds to begin with and then think about reworking those bathrooms. A deep cleaning in every room would also help. There is little they can do about the feel of the immediate area, but it just looks bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

For family reasons, I am traveling quite often by car from SW Virginia to Iowa. I recently signed up for a La Quinta reward card. I have stayed at 4 different LQs in the past two months and I am on a mission to find the best ones and pass the word.

Unfortunately, this is not one of the best.

You do know what you are getting with LQ. Nice beds, pet friendly, breakfast with waffles and yogurt, but not eggs or meat.

The proprieters were nice and friendly. My biggest complaint is the cleanliness of the room. Especially behind the doors. When I checked out, the nice person asked if I had any feedback and seemed to genuinely want to hear it. I hope they are serious about improving and that they do a thorough cleaning!

The outside door was not locked and so anyone could have entered the inner corridor near my room. Also, I did not find any nice place to walk and exercise my small dog in Bloomington. No where I looked seemed safe for a woman alone.

I am going to try to stay elsewhere if I have to stop in Illinois again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The smoking area is not separated very well from the nonsmoking area. One must walk through a portion of the smoking room area at the end of its hallway to access the nonsmoking rooms from the lobby. My only other objection is that this survey would not let me submit this review at the end of the previous sentence. You should not have to make people jump through so many hoops if you really value feedback.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here many times in the past year. The staff always are very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are a little dated but clean. Tv's are older and don't always have the best picture but do have a good variety of channels. Bathrooms are a bit small also. Hotel to me is a solid 2 star and well worth the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Chcago,Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Staff is always so friendly to me and my family..I will stay there in the future. Every thing we need the staff is there to help. I stayed at this Hotel with my 3 Daughters they had fun. The location is great, right off the highway & by lots of shopping & good eats

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Bloomington - Normal? Share your experiences!