“It was really cheap, but......” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Bloomington - Normal
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 Brock Dr, Bloomington, IL 61701   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Oak Harbor, Washington
“It was really cheap, but......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I like to stay at La Quintas because I'm usually travelling with my dog. Most of the time these hotels are clean, comfortable, and the service is excellent. This place was the exception. First we were sent to the wrong entrance, then it took an hour and three phone calls to get the wireless to work. At breakfast this morning there were no coffee cups, no condiments, and some greasy stuff in a chafing dish that couldn't be identified. The room was clean but the halls were dirty. This hotel needs serious work, and I'm writing this review because I'm generally fond of La Quintas and hate that I was disappointed in this one.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Colona, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Arriving extremely late on a Friday evening, the hotel was booked solid. My room was at the end of the hallway and probably had not been slept in for quite some time. Pulling down the sheets I found hair on them and to my surprise mice excrement. Too tired to make a call, I moved to the other bed and slept on top of the sheets. The next morning I made a call to the front desk and explained that the sheets must be changed to avoid making a scene at the front desk. After working all day, I came back to my room to find that the sheets had not been changed. Again I called the front desk who sent a house cleaning person that did not understand what was expected and did not speak ANY English. After much effort the sheets were changed and I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stopped here for one night on our way to visit friends. It was close to the highway, which made it convenient for our purposes. It was very affordable.

The hotel appears to be older, but had a sign advertising "renovated rooms." The rooms may have been updated, but the rooms and corridors still had an older look/feel. There was no elevator to the second floor. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, but the mattress, sheets, and towels all seemed to be the cheapest possible.

When we left in the morning (with daylight) I could see that there were some newer motels on the opposite side of the highway. If I were passing through again, I would probably pay a bit more to stay at one of the newer properties.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
PACIFIC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We have stopped here several times over the years going and coming from Wisconsin. On the plus side, its well located, clean, and nicely decorated. Beds are pretty comfortable with a good pillow selection. On the negative side, even tho it had air conditioning and was cool, it felt clammy, like a swamp cooler instead of AC. Also, the breakfast is pretty weak - not even a cup of yogurt. Bagels, waffles, and some really bad sausage gravy. However, booking ahead of time on the internet gave us a rate of less than $50 total. It's only for one night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Athens, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

It looked ok and the rate was low. Wasn't expecting a pool or much of anything really, just a place to stay over night while burning up some vacation time. Room was a bit moldy smelling, but i could live with it. AC was full on, so I turned it back a bit and found a cricket. Later when the room was warmer, I found more crickets! The appear to be coming though the outside wall and were everywhere! Set the AC to 'Ice Age' to keep them quieter. So I spent the night listening to the things 'sing' to me. Stay if you like, it's your travel budget, but check out the rooms first.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This place was horrible. The smell was so bad that I couldn't breath. I told the clerk I couldn't stay in a smelly room and he made me go to 4 different ones before he agreed to cancel the reservation. Every one of the 4 smelled like mold and mildew. We left as soon as we could.
He told us that since he wouldn't charge our card for the room since we didn't stay, but then charged us anyway, $79.39 for a room that we didn't use and stank to high heaven.
Three days later and we are still trying to get our money back.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Peotone, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Clean, basic room fine for one night while on the road. Convenient location right off of I-55. Towels were very thin.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Bloomington - Normal? Share your experiences!