“"NEVER....again! Worst dining experience of my life!"” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 203 Restaurants in Bloomington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bloomington, Illinois
“"NEVER....again! Worst dining experience of my life!"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Recently my family was celebrating a very joyous occasion, my oldest sons wedding rehearsal. The bride and groom chose Ozark House. They had never been there, but the restaurant could accomodate our larger group. Food was bland. Out of the 40 friends and family in attendance, 30 of us became very ill. My opinion was that the restaurant was dark and musty. The only good thing I can say was that our waitress was very accomodating and efficient. We spent alot of money for what we received...and still have yet to hear anything from the owner or management regarding our horrible experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Southern California
“Gem in a residential neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is an old-fashioned dinner house, literally in a house converted to a restaurant. Elegant and casual. Delicious food. Reasonable prices. Recommend reservations.

Visited July 2012
Danvers, Illinois, United States
“One of the WORST dining experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family and I went there for my husbands birthday with our two small children. In the beginning it started off really well, but soon after our waitress barely came around (I never got and refills) and out of the 9 people that were with our party 7 of us had a problem with our food. The worst one was my mothers chicken was not cooked all the way (like still pink in the middle) and or appetizers of mushrooms where burnt. When we went to say something to the waitress she rolled her eyes and literally stormed away. On top of everything my jaw dropped when I saw our bill, and only after we talked to the owner or the restaurant did they take $10.00 off. We are not the type of people to cause a fuss, but this was ridiculous. We will never go back, and I recommend the same for everyone else.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Normal, IL
“Great ribyese, decent ribs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Prices about commensurate with food quality and service. Definitely dated decor but, for me, that's part of the allure.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“No longer impressive...and overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We went there for a big family get together for a significant birthday. We had over 20 in our party on a somewhat busy Friday night. The service was EXCELLENT, but the food was not. The prices are relatively high for the quality of the food. The fried chicken was too dry, the shrimp was overcooked, etc. It's just not the same quality of food that it used to be. The cheese spread was the only excellent item we had. It's sad that an old favorite no longer holds up.

• Visited March 2012