“Best Indian in the Twin Cities” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Normal
“Best Indian in the Twin Cities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

There is a surprising variety of good Indian restaurants in Bloomington-Normal, but Puran is hands-down the best. There is an extensive menu that has something for everyone. All of it is scratch made and very satisfying.

Visited October 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Avg Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went for a lunch buffet and was disappointed with the quality. Much needs to be done in terms of improving the quality of food in the buffet. The spice index needs some help as well as the variety.

One thing that can be immediately addressed is the way the food is laid out for the buffet. Many food items simply go unnoticed (don't know if it is intentional). Will try the a la carte at dinner sometime and post that review as well.

Visited October 2013
Decatur, Illinois
“What a celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

If I could give Puran more stars, I would in a heartbeat. We wandered in, on a Saturday afternoon, unaware of dinner serving at 5p.m. It was about 4:30, and we wanted to celebrate buying a new car.
The host never hesitated, but welcomed us in, seated us, and helped us with a wine selection. He treated us as if we were frequent customers, when it was actually our first visit. This hospitality was duplicated by everyone who helped and served us. What a gift.
Now, on to the food. What can I say beyond delicious? Aloo naan, lamb saag, and gulab jamur...all to perfection! We were treated attentively, and with a quiet, friendly manner. I could have eaten all evening, yet did not leave with a stuffed feeling. I brought some home with me for the next day, and I brought home the taste in my memory.
If we lived in Bloomington, I feel sure I would eat here too often to be good for me. Decatur is just the right distance, but make no mistake. I will travel there just to eat here. THANK YOU, Puran!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
“always good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

run by Indian people, your food is cooked to the spice level that you prefer (on a scale of 1-5). service is timely, and seeing many Indian folks eat there tells me that this is one of their favorites too.

they have now opened a buffet for lunch, separate from their original dinning area, but connected. the buffet has a good selection of Indian favorites, vegetarian and non vegetarian, plain naan, one plain white rice and one with veggies. Buffet has a small salad / dessert area as well.
a very good restaurant!

Visited August 2013
Normal, Illinois
“Intering withVariety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

They have a great menu which offer different degrees of hot spices. Great appetizers, meal, and desert.

Visited May 2013