You added Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal to your Saves list
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
“Dude run.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

After 6 hours of driving
we made it to extended stay Americain Bloomington IL. best hotel ever after arriving at 1:05 in the morning we had to wait 50 minutes before they got a room for us. only to find that room and the next room they found we're already occupied by sleeping people. so with no non smoker rooms they found us a smoker room on the 3rd floor that has an odd smell and made us start to cough / sneeze.

Tv had a broken cableline

Sink cold handle covered in toothpaste.

Msg on phone for last person who was in room at 6pm the night before asking about checkout.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

On checking in the front desk staff was efficient and helpful. There were no cost surprises. I was assigned a room on the third floor. I discovered in a few minutes that the recliner was broken. I notified the front desk and the recliner was replaced within a few minutes. The room was clean and very comfortable. The bed was very clean and comfortable as well. As far as cooking utensils, etc, there is enough for two people. If more are required, the front desk staff are always happy to accommodate. I suppose one of the negatives was the number of cable channels available- there aren't very many- just the basic package. The lobby is very clean and inviting. However, the carpeting on the second and third floors needs to be replaced. It is outdated and stained. But once inside your room, it is clean and as advertised. This property has a very strong corporate footprint- since several major corporations are nearby and it is an ideal location for that reason. The manager is friendly and helpful as is the rest of the staff. There is a guest laundry on site (first floor). It is a bit pricey- $2.00 for a wash and $2.00 to dry. There are Laundromats in the area that are cheaper...you pay for the convenience I suppose. The facility has no work out room or pool. If It did the rates would be higher. Once again, there are several options for health clubs within 10 minutes of the hotel. I joined the YMCA for no start up fee and was surprised by how clean the facility was. I had occasion to call a cab to take me to the office when my car was in the shop. I found that Checker Cab in Bloomington was the most efficient, clean and had reasonable rates. The drivers knew where they were going. Then I needed a sedan to take my out of town guest to several locations for business locations. I found Midstate Limo very accommodating and had reasonable rates too. There are several restaurants in the area- Panera Bread is just down the street. Steak and Shake is across the street. And for a round of miniature golf there is Grady's Amusement Park within 5 minutes walking time down the street. The property is very well maintained on the outside. I don't have much of anything bad to say. I had to check out after more than a month of staying there due to my work taking me to the west coast. But I will be back and have already made another long term reservation. The location "grows" on you. I cant explain it entirely. If you are staying there for any length of time, just give it a chance to do the same for you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a positive stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that the hallway carpet was a concern for you. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to share that it is currently being replaced on the 2nd and 3rd floor. As well, I am glad that you liked our location.

Belleville, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good:

1. Friendly staff.
2. Room was small but reasonably satisfactory.

Bad:

1. Hallway carpet was DISGUSTING! It was supposed to be green, but it was mostly black. Even an attempt at cleaning it would do not good at this point. It needs to be replaced, and considering its appearance, it has probably needed it for a LONG time. I can't imagine how much disease and filth is hiding in those carpet fibers. I'd rather walk through a corridor of live, festering, black mold than traverse those hallways ever again.

2. They charge you if you want your room cleaned before eight days' stay. I understand that I can change my linens at the front counter, but that's not good enough. I am out on the road working. I don't want to come home after a 12-hour night shift and make beds and take out trash. Oh, yeah, what am I supposed to do with my full trash cans? Do I just dump them out onto the nasty carpet in the hallway? At least the trash would be very "at home" there.

I wasn't.

Extended Stay America charges just as much for a room, if not more, than hotels who will gladly clean your room any time you ask.

3. VERY outdated overall look + VERY dim hallway lighting = VERY uninviting journey to my room.

4. The WORST breakfast I have come across in all my travels. The entire exiguous spread is inside a 4' x 4' floor-cupboard that is unlocked and opened in the morning. A meager selection of fruit, some coffee, and a paltry selection of things that are bad for you are all there is to choose from. Another reviewer mentioned that they loved the breakfast. My question is this: "What breakfast?" This was more like a creepy snack at the local food shelter.

5. The bedclothes are not large enough for the mattress, and they easily come untucked. The blanket only comes up to your stomach, and the sheet extends beyond it. It's makes for a very awkward feeling, which, in turn, makes it hard to get to sleep. The only way to make it work is to pull it out from under the mattress at the end, and bring it up to where it belongs, but then, it doesn't cover your feet. The strange thing is ... I'm only 5'9". How's a 6' or taller person going to manage? Very uncomfortably, that's how. It was no more pleasant than sleeping in a short-sheeted bed.

Come on, guys! For the amount you charge, you can do WAY better than this!!! I won't be returning. Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: A tip to getting a good room would be to go to the nearest hotel to this one and pay for a room ther...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Troy - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff and your room. Still, we strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there was an issue with your bedding and the selection in our grab-and-go breakfast. To uphold our company's high standards, we are replacing our hallway carpeting on the second and third floor.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bln@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Bloomington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was a nice clean room. Was not happy that the room wasn't ready when I got there but within a few minutes it was done. Front desk later told me that the maid had not done a good job cleaning so she had to finish it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Paula - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about how clean your room was; however, we apologize that it was not ready upon your arrival. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to focus on having a guests room ready by 3pm, our normal check-in time.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bln@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a great experience when staying at this hotel. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the am entries. The breakfast was nice and quick which was helpful. The staff did a great job with the housekeeping and always provided extra towels if needed and any any additional items. The staff also gave great knowledge of places to go for entertainment and great places to eat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Angela - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel, staff, and the amenities we offer. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hotel is rundown and filthy. You need to bring everything with you, too. Nothing but 2 place settings one small sauce pan and one small fry pan. The rooms are very small as well. It certainly is no Residence Inn!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you found our hotel to be unclean and to lack certain amenities. To uphold our company's high standards, we are focusing on improving our offerings moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bln@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice peaceful. The room was clean and comfortable. Since I stayed for many weeks, The hotel service desk helped me keeping one of my bag everytime I went away for the weekend. That was nice, and it saved me from carrying extra bags for my flights over the weekend. The Morning coffee/tea with little something eat was a bonus that I never expected from Extended stay America hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for Signature room and away from Elevators or staircases
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with a peaceful and positive experience while you stayed at our hotel. We were happy to assist you as needed, including holding your luggage over the weekends.

Been to Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal? Share your experiences!