“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Bloomington, Illinois
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a nice experience for me staying at this hotel for 2 weeks. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms are very clean with all the needed amenities. During my stay I came to know that I have made 2 reservations by mistake and so the booking charges were deducted on both the reservations. When I contacted Staff on this they clearly understood the issue and helped me to get my money back for the other reservation. This was a great help!! I will always perfer to stay here..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was responsive to your needs, and were able to help you with your reservations. It was also good to hear that your room was FRESH and clean and you had everything you needed. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Peoria Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

From reservation to checkout everything was easy, as promised and done with a smile.
Anything and everything I needed or asked for was done promptly.
I would highly recommend this location. I was without a printer and I could email documents to the manager and they would print it out for me. I could then sign it and then they would fax it for me. If this isn't customer focus I don't know what it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! I'm glad that we could assist you with your printing and faxing needs.

Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is a very nice place to stay. It was great to have a quick breakfast to be able to grab before going to work. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping was great and my room was always cleaned. I was assisted with my questions and whatever else I needed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so very much, Angela for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. If we can further assist you with recommendations of where to eat or activities to go to in Central Illinois, we will be glad to assistance you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for a month. The rooms are good sized and with kitchen and all the amenities, it almost feels like home. The staff are all very efficient and helpful. They made my stay very comfortable and I couldn't ask for more specially at the low per night rates that they have. But the highlight of my stay was the lady at the Front desk, Margarita. She is very helpful, supportive and friendly. I don't know how she managed to do everything with a smile for the entire day! I was new to Bloomington and she helped me with all kind of stuffs. She is the first friend I made there :)
I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The price is value for money. The staff are very good and helpful. Wonderful support from management. Feel like home. They have introduced complimentary breakfast recently to increase the value to the customer. They take care of customers very well. I would recommend to any of the friends. it would be helpful if they had fitness centre, restaurant and free drop to Statefarm and other locations within 5 miles The rate per night is high compared to Raleigh-Durham, in which they provided the above facilities. Overall the service is excellent.

Room Tip: None at this time
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your positive comments. It reinforces that we are working towards our Goal of EXCELLENCE; Every Day in Every Way. I invite you to contact me at kcesario@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thank you again for staying with Extended Stay America.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The price is good and convenient to where I am currently working, about a three minute trip. Have read some of the reviews. Yes there is a curry smell in the halls. Not in the room though. Carpet is terrible in the hallways. But I know Extended Stay is in the process of remodeling. I stayed in New Jersey last year and the rooms (carpet, curtains etc) had been updated and the TV was replaced with a large flat screen while I was there. Hang on folks the changes are coming. Was disappointed today to see the TV upgrade here is being delayed. It was supposed to start on 12/06 or 12/07/12 but a notice was put up stating there was delay with no date to expect it. But come on folks. These motels are intended for longer term stays, and trying to keep prices affordable for folks like me that may be gone from home for a week, a month,several months, or in some cases a year or more. Amenities are what I expected, same as all of the extended stays I have been in across the country. Needs a tweak or two or three (maybe more) but I am sure that's coming. If you want the Marriott experience go pay the Marriott price.

Can't imagine what the reviews would be for the motel in Sanderson, Texas where I used to have to stay when I worked for the railroad. These complainers would freak....LOL

Room Tip: I always like the top floor so I don't have to here the elephant upstairs stomping around. On th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we have had some problems with the upgrade timelines. In response to your feedback, I am contacting our TV supplier to get a new delivery date for our TVs. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments about the hallway carpet and cooking smells. We are currently working on several upgrades to the property and we are looking forward to addressing this issue very soon. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kcesario@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to correct these issues and to provide you with a better stay while you are here in Bloomington. Thank you again for your response and your business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone in my family or friends and that says it all!!!

It is in a great location, the rooms are clean, the parking lot is very large. They allowed us to park two vehicles and a boat during our stay.

We could not have asked more from the staff they are all excellent!!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Kathy - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Been to Extended Stay America - Bloomington - Normal? Share your experiences!