“It's OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West

You added Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1031 Wylie Drive, Bloomington, IL 61704 (Formerly Bloomington Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Lockport, New York
“It's OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The inn is clean and the room was clean as well. Staff very helpful while checking in and out. Breakfast was adequate to satisfy most everyone Not a lot of eating choice in the immediate area except Mexican, Bob Evans and fast foods. there are several choices for hotels off this exit, but would consider staying hear again

Room Tip: Quiet location so any room would be OK
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear geezer_11,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad to hear that the rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Payson, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My dissatisfaction with this hotel started before we even got there. We had a block of rooms reserved for us thru our school because our girls were playing in state playoffs. Each family was to call to book their rooms. I called while at work to reserve my room and in the middle of my reservation the woman I was talking to asked me if I could hold. She put me on hold for about five minutes. Five minutes doesn't seem long, but when your on the phone waiting while your supposed to be working it is a very long time. I have a problem when you are wanting to give someone your business and they don't treat you like your number one. When she came back to the phone she did apologize but she didn't sound like she meant it. I asked her if there was some problem and she said "No, I just needed to help someone at the front desk." Why couldn't she help me first and let them wait? She then finished taking my reservation and said she would send me an e-mail. I waited all day and never got an e-mail. I called back and said the e-mail never went through and she did get a little snotty with me and said she sent one. I told her to send it again. I still never got an e-mail and was a bit worried because I had no proof that I had a reservation because she gave me no confirmation number. I called back that night, talked to a different woman and she also was snotty. She said the e-mail was sent twice and I asked for a confirmation number that I wrote down. She sent yet another e-mail which I never got. Reservation experience needless to say didn't go well.

When we arrived at the motel check-in went well and was quick and easy. Rooms were just average, nothing special. Our school got a discount on the rooms for $80 a night plus tax because we were booking approx. 15 rooms. I thought that was still pretty high and I thought the discount should have been more. Especially since the pool and hot tub were out of order which I was not happy about. Their website charges $120.00 per room and I would NEVER have paid that much for a room, totally not worth it.

Their breakfast wasn't bad but there pancake machine was broken and when we asked the girl running the breakfast she shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know what's wrong with it". She should have found somebody that did know what was wrong with it and got the thing fixed. The second morning it was still broken and the workers didn't seem the least concerned about it. When you advertise something you need to make sure you can deliver.

Our team booked for two nights and since we lost our first game some of us checked out early. We decided to stay and hang out and relax and do some things in Bloomington/Normal. That night while we were laying in bed watching T.V. some stranger walked into our room and then walked out. It happened so fast we weren't sure what happened. Pretty soon the front desk called us and asked us who we were and what we were doing there. They had us checked out and had booked our room to someone else. They wanted us to come down and give them our credit card info again and I said "No." We were in are P.J.'s and it was 10:00pm we were ready for bed. We ended up getting a bill slipped under our door the next morn and they had charged us the regular rate without the team discount. We got that straightened out. What I can't figure out is if we were checked out why our key still worked that whole evening. To get into the hotel and into our room. Pretty scary if you think about it. If they don't disable the keys right away people can still get into the room after their checked out!!!

All in all I wasn't happy about the hotel. I think it needs a management change and things need to work a little bit better. You are offering a service that people are paying for you need to make sure that service is the best it can be!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I wish you had spoken with myself or my assistant as we were the ones working the desk on Friday and Saturday and we could have assisted you with any concerns that you had prior to your stay and during your stay.

You were a very large group that I would like to point out had made your reservations to stay overnight for 2 nights and then upon arrival the group wasn't sure if it will be for 2 nights because you were not sure if you will win your game or not and wanted a late check out. Our check out time is 11 am and we accommodated the entire group not knowing until noon whether you won or not and if the group would be checking out. I apologize for the confusion about your room being checked out. It was one of the ones told to us that would be checking out.

As for the pool and spa it is down to be painted, it is listed on the website and was also communicated to the coach ahead of time and he said that was okay and still booked the rooms. Our pool and spa will have a new fresh coat of paint and will be ready to go on the 8th of October.

It is clear we did not meet your expectations and for that I am sorry. We value your opinions and will look at the areas you mentioned to see where we can make improvements.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel is somewhat new and real convenient to I-55. This part of town isn't the best, so venturing out for a walk might have to wait. There is a Bob Evans and Steak & Shake out front, a Walmart one block away, and Culvers, Arby's, Taco Bell, Cracker Barrel, and McDonalds across the interstate just two minutes away. Front desk personnel were very helpful and courteous. Military discount is also very nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Prohack36,

Thank you for your review! I will pass along your great comments to my staff! We hope to see you in the future!

Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for three days last week on business, but have stayed here in the past also. I guess my experience was better than some of the other recent ones, no real problems.

I would say the fitness area is quite small, definite room for improvement here. Pool looked nice, never saw a soul in there either. Breakfast was adequate, pancake machine down one morning but that isn't a deal breaker by any stretch. Always fully stocked and kept clean.

Beds were comfortable, AC worked well and I didn't hear a lot of noise from the hallway or adjoining rooms. Room itself was clean as was the bathroom. Everything cleaned and restocked daily with no problems.

Only issue was no one at the front counter at 800am when I checked out to get a copy of my bill. Slightly annoying, had to call back and have it faxed later on. I do think at $149/night it is overpriced for what you are getting, but if you stay on that side of town it is probably your best option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear 493DaveJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are making some changes and I appreciate you recognizing our efforts. I will look into no one being around upon your check out, to give you a copy of your bill. We hope to see you in the future!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

...of Bloomington, that is, this is a standout among the dreary motels over by the highway overpass and the Wal*Mart. Rooms better than expected, okay pool. Decent breakfast featuring a pancake machine! Fitness center is very minimal (two treadmills and one elliptical) so plan to go for a run or do yoga in your room. Very good alternative to La Quinta, Red Roof, Country Inn & Suites on the West Side.

• Stayed July 2013
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Yog-Sothoth,

Thank you very much for your review! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Norfolk, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I spent two nights at the hotel. The staff were generally very helpful and customer-friendly. My room was clean but the bedding was a bit worn. There was a hair on the top sheet when I got into bed. The bathtub had some kind of a mat that moved around when I showered and the drain was broken and laying off to the side. I don't think I would stay there again.
There were many baseball players and families staying there for a youth tournament. The staff insisted they keep the noise level down and I had no problem sleeping because it was definitely quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear M M,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I am pleased with your compliments on our hotel staff and room cleanliness. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It sounds like we fell short of your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vernon Hills, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in numerous hotels in this area and for the money, you can do better. Rooms are clean but nothing special. Pool was a little less than clean looking and when my tv didn't work in the room, the front desk gentleman bruskly said to jiggle the power cord since it often comes loose (it was). Simple problem but could have been handled with a smile. There are several better n otels in this area but they were already booked wbich is why I stayed here. Above average price for average place.

• Stayed June 2013
Julie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mike M,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We strive to meet those high standards that people come to expect from us and it is clear we fell short on your visit. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. I hope that in the future you will give our hotel another try, so that we can show you what a great hotel we are!
Thanks, Julie Burr

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bloomington West? Share your experiences!