“Very Good Place to Spend the Night” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Godfrey, Illinois
“Very Good Place to Spend the Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stay overnight in Bloomington several times a years as it is on our way to Chicago to visit our son. My husband and I enjoy staying at this hotel because the staff members are nice, the room is spacious and the price is good. (Also we have access to the the golf channel.) On our last visit to this hotel, the evening clerk, Bobby, helped me solve an online registration problem that was of my own making. He was so nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Don't drink at the hotel bar. They over-charge you for drinks, the manager (Quintin) will promise you refunds and now 2 months later, I'm having to dispute with the credit card company. Tried calling back several times, almost a dozen to be exact and it just seems that they really don't care about their customers. I feel sorry for the owner. I wonder if he or she knows that this is going in.
Being a 1k member for United, a Platinum member of Priority Club and an Executive Elite status for National, my recommendation is to stay far far far away from this place.

• Stayed November 2012
Ft Mitchell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Even though the rating on TripAdvisor was not great, we stayed here because a family member got a great price on a block of rooms for a wedding. She said she told the manager of my concerns. The manager's reply was along the lines of, "You can't trust TripAdvisor because people that are with other hotels can write bad reviews." Anyone reading this knows better. To me, that is an excuse by poor management.
My parents let us know early not to get room 318. They were first in it and asked to be moved because of 4 or 5 different issues (They said the things were all items that should have been given to the maintenance staff...or were, but not taken care of). The front desk did move them with no problems, and gave them complimentary drinks at the bar/lounge in the lobby. We were put in room 317 - right across from 318.
The room seemed pieced together to make it a suite. As soon as we walked in there is a chair directly in front with a 6' light stand right behind the chair. The tv is in front of the chair. The bed is tucked in around the corner. My girlfriend, who has stayed at other Hawthorn Suites, said this is a normal set up for them. From what we got I was somewhat pleased. - It was only minor issues throughout - bad paint job, dark room, not visually pleasing, etc. - I would have given it a 4, until I took a shower. When I moved the water from the tub faucet to the shower chunks of mold came out of the shower head. It stopped after the initial burst. Later I took another shower. The same thing happened. I let the front desk know on the way out. They said they would leave a message for the maintenance staff. - See above comment about maint. of room 318. The kitchen sink faucet had corrosion buildup also.
We did not have breakfast because we met others at Cracker Barrel, which is next door to the hotel.

Room Tip: Light sleepers stay in even numbered rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Black Mountain, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

After driving all day in the pouring rain, with a u-haul, it was nice to receive such a warm welcome at check in. The female clerk that checked us in (Mary?) was absolutely wonderful. We found our room to be spacious and clean with the exception of the kitchen area. Someone had spilled what looked to be red wine in the dishwasher. The counter top was sticky in spots. This i one of the few places with a kitchen that did not provide dish soap. Breakfast barely adequate-lack of variety and quality. One morning the fruit was absolutely rotten. We opted to leave and skip breakfast on one morning. Carpets are worn in spots, pool is very chilly, decent workout room, adequate parking and lighting. All in all we'd stay there again but skip breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SHELBY TWP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel was clean and the front desk staff was friendly. I was surprised to see a bar in the lobby which served drinks starting in the early evening. It was a nice plus as we waited for a cab. The rooms are spacious and clean and the value is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington? Share your experiences!