“Rough Start, but dealt with it” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Bloomington

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
INDIANAPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was impressed the minute I walked into the room. It smelled so good, everything was neat and tidy, The bedding was like out of a magazine and the kitchenette was totally unexpected. There was a mini fridge, microwave, sink, cupboards and a coffee maker. The bath was well stocked with toweling. I told my granddaughter that I could easily live in this room and she agreed. She said the only thing missing was her toaster oven!
The hot breakfast serrved in the morining was very substantial. All in all, the experience was totally awesome!

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Augusta Ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Years ago, when Rush Limbaugh advertised Hawthorn Suites, I started looking for those hotels wherever we traveled. I was very pleased to be able to get a great, great deal for this property, for Nov 28-Dec 2, and we checked into this hotel last night, with great anticipation of a great stay. The first room we looked at, was smelly, and an "accesible" room, which we did not need. The best part about that room is it had the only flat screen TV we saw, after looking at 3 other rooms. The bathroom sink was beyond small, and the kitchenette was just an ette. We then looked at 3 more rooms, before having to choose the room that was the least objectionable, because we were not able to get our money back, per the reservation. The room we settled on was SMELLY, DIRTY, OUT OF DATE, there was no bedside light, the smoke detector is hanging from the the wires in the ceiling, and the kitchenette refrigerator looked like it had been shipped down from the Arctic, as it has ice buildup to the point that the door almost did not shut. The carpeting was very very VERY stained, not cleaned in the corners and along the edges of the room, and the smell in the room was like that of sour milk and urine, But, every place in town was booked up, and since we could not get our money back, we stayed.. We wore shoes all through the room because the carpet is so dirty our socks got dirly. When we checked in, the person in front of us, already a guest, told the desk clerk the lights in the room did not work. She said she would tell maintenance. When we checked out this morning, the person behind us was telling the clerk of problems in HIS room, and the desk clerk stated she would tell maintenance. The bar/dining area of the hotel is right by the front desk, and while checking in last night, the noise was soooo loud, the desk clerk had to plug her ear and keep saying what, to the person on the other end of the line. The breakfast this morning was not acceptable, so we went out to eat, after checking out. The faucet in the kitchenette sink was hard to turn on, and the truck noise last night, right outside our window, awakened us. If you have to look at 4 rooms, and then just pick the least objectionable, that should tell you this is not a glowing property. I am glad others found this property so great, but, really, this just sucked... I will add pictures to this when I get to my home, next week, to back up everything stated here.. I don't remember what this property was in a previous iteration, but, expecting something that would be a place someone famous would love to stay at, I am very unhappy I HAD to stay there last night. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Me and 6 family members recently stayed in 4 rooms at the Hawthorn Suites on a Saturday night. The hotel was super easy to get to right off of I-55. We were all impressed upon entering the lobby. It is bright and looks newly refurbished, and there is a bar & grill off to the right, as well as a seating area for the free hot breakfast available the next morning.

The staff that checked us in was helpful and tried to accommodate our last-minute request to have a few rooms close to each other, even though they said they assign rooms in advance. I stayed in a 1-queen suite, and this was very large, clean, and nice. It had a small refrigerator, sink & microwave in the room.

Although we did not bring swimming suits, the pool area looked very nice, and we wished we would have. We all had a great night's sleep and met for the free breakfast on Sunday. They had a nice hot spread--scrambled eggs, sausage links, tator tots, belgian waffles, biscuits & gravy, as well as cold cereal options, juices, etc. The ONLY ONLY complaint I had about the entire stay was the bananas on the breakfast line were gross - all black and not pleasant at all to look at. I remember reading that in another review as well, so HAWTHORN--please provide yellow, ripe bananas but not overripe. This totally detracted from the nice breakfast display you had.

I was honestly a little nervous because the rate was so low that it might be a dirty hotel, but I was wrong! For under $50, the price I paid, this was an awesome find and I would definitely stay again if I ever had a need to go to the Bloomington area again. GREAT JOB!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This place is very nice. We paid the cheap online price for the queen bed and it was way worth the 50 dollars. It was nice with big rooms. People were friendly. There are lots of restaurants close by and one right here. It is easy to get to also.

• Stayed November 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington? Share your experiences!