“Just an acceptable and pleasant night” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Bloomington
Charlotte, NC
“Just an acceptable and pleasant night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a decent hotel that won't break the bank. It was what you'd expect from a night stay without any real thrills or any problems. Our only issue with the hotel was that they were horribly short staffed in the evening and could not accommodate issues that had to do with weather effects.

It was a pretty snowy day and I was traveling with my father who needs a walker. While we were fortunate enough to get the first handicapped spot, the sidewalks were full of snow and it is virtually impossible to get any handicapped device through 6-8 inches of drifted snow. I know this isn't a huge deal to most people, but little things for some people can turn into real problems for others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rock Island, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

This is the third time here (twice since December of 2010). Very nice, clean rooms. Staff (for the most part) helpful. Last stay was a handicapped room and noticed no place for soap or shampoo in shower. Had to call twice about teenagers at 2:00 a.m. but their chaperones should accept that fault. Overall, nice stay, close to restaurants, nice pool, good breakfast, normally quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for microwave and fridge. More quiet if away from pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Edina, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We found this motel had deteriorated from the previous year when we stopped on our way to Florida. Perhaps the motel had a special problem that morning, but the breakfast buffet was far below the normal Country Inn standard. The oatmeal looked like it was left over from the previous day. There was no meat in the meat container. The selection of bread and other bakery products was limited. The selection of fruit was limited.

This was the worst of our many stays in Country Inns.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I checked into the Country Inn at 6:30. The clerk waiting on me decided to answer the phone while I was standing at the counter waiting for my credit card and key to be processed. The call took a while since the person on the other end was trying to make a reservation online. This was rather odd to me since the person could have just made a reservation with the clerk. Still the clerk explained over and over what the person could try doing on their computer. Through it all I waited and waited even though the clerk gave me my credit card. So, sadly, I stood by all that time. It is always amazing to me how a clerk, no matter in what kind of business, will spend more time helping someone on the phone while a paying customer is standing right in front of them.

This morning I opened ironing board and got my clothes, which had been packed in a suitcase, ready to be ironed. You can imagine the wrinkles on the clothes from being in a suitcase. The problem was there was not an iron to be found in the room. No problem, I will just call the crack staff and request an iron to be brought to my room. When I called the front desk I was told the spare iron was not working. No problem, maybe they can bring me another one from an empty room. Boy was I wrong. Evidentally there is not another iron in the entire place that is available. Funny because I know the hotel is not fully booked. What got me the most is the phrase the morning clerk used over and over; "There is nothing, nothing I can do about it." I think it was the second nothing that was said over and over that got me the most! Hmmm, the meetings today will be interesting for me in wrinkled clothing. That is a great way to impress clients!

IBecause of this amazing lock of customer satisfaction I will never stay here again and hopefully this review will make you think twice about it as well.

Room Tip: Choose a good room at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Montgomery, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I am not a fan of Country Inn. I last stayed at one about 6 years ago and we were treated so badly, especially my then 8 year old son by the nasty staff in Wisconsin that I vowed to NEVER EVER stay at one again. Why did I change my mind? My son and I were on a fishing trip prior to Thanksgiving and this Country Inn was closer to our fishing spot than any other in Bloomington and I did not want to take a chance on staying in a smaller town farther down the road which would have been closer. The pricing was very reasonable and I though what the heck. I was VERY HAPPY with this Country Inn. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The place was clean. The room was very good. Breakfast in the morning was also very nice. The only thing I would comment negatively on was the hot tub. It was hot and it churned just fine. Problem was it could maybe have used a shot of chlorine, water was clear but as soon as you started it up you got a smell like moldy or old water. We used it anyway because we were cold and needed it. The pool was fine. I read the comment by another person about the coating coming off the bottom but I think this was sand from the filter. It might be time for a little maintenance in this area, the exercise room was fine too. All in all I was happy with my stay. We were there 3 nights. I may even try Country Inn again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We found this by searching online while driving to find a reasonably-priced stop for our road trip. Our criteria were straightforward: it was late, we were road-weary, and we REALLY wanted to unwind in a hot tub. So … we started calling around to see which hotels had hot tubs which would still be open late. With our travel association discount card, we got a great discount on this room and were pleasantly surprised. The room was spotless, the staff exceedingly courteous and the king-sized bed was super comfortable. And the best part? A pool/hot tub open until midnight! The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which included the basics: cereal, yogurt, fruit, and make-your-own waffles. The hotel was smoke-free and thankfully did not have that “air freshener room spray smell that’s so common in chain motels (and which can be very annoying to scent-sensitive travelers like me).Not luxurious by any means, but all in all, served our purposes well for a quick sleepover stop.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Always thought Country Inn and Suites were great hotels until this experience. Dated decor in the room and less than clean. Noise level was ridiculous with drunken neighbors coming in at 3 a.m.
Neighborhood less than stellar. Amenities were ok (pool, breakfast).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal West? Share your experiences!